Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,674,507 Views | 62645 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by FancyKetchup14
BQ78
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

it is illegal to open and drink any alcohol on a plane that is not served/sold by the airline.
It's also illegal to speed in your vehicle and run stop signs, what's your point?
Scriffer
AG
http://spirits.blog.austin360.com/2017/05/22/texas-brewers-lose-legislative-fight-over-taproom-bill-headed-to-governors-desk/

Edit: sorry if Germans and all that
wessimo
AG
I think his point was be careful. Most FAs will get pissy and make you put it away or confiscate it if they see it. I've seen it happen a couple of times.
AggieOO
BQ78 said:

Quote:

it is illegal to open and drink any alcohol on a plane that is not served/sold by the airline.
It's also illegal to speed in your vehicle and run stop signs, what's your point?
i guess its ok to do whatever illegal things I want. Guess its time to go murder some people! /sarcasm

yes, as the post above states, the point was, be careful. They can confiscate it, or if you piss someone off, they can pull you off the flight.
AggieOO
Scriffer said:

http://spirits.blog.austin360.com/2017/05/22/texas-brewers-lose-legislative-fight-over-taproom-bill-headed-to-governors-desk/

Edit: sorry if Germans and all that
yep, and our governor gets a lot of $$ from distributors, so he'll sign it immediately.
jah003
S
Just got the go ahead from the wife to swing by Toppling Goliath on our way from Minnesota to Wisconsin this summer...
dave99ag
AG
jah003 said:

Just got the go ahead from the wife to swing by Toppling Goliath on our way from Minnesota to Wisconsin this summer...
I approve of this approval.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
jah003 said:

Nice! My wife and I are considering making a trip back up there this summer since we had a great trip in January for Assassin. It would be nice to see the area when my balls aren't frozen.
AggieOO
jah003 said:

would love to swing through there on one of our trips, but we hit iowa in the middle of the night/super early morning on the way up. Typically on the way back, we drive from northern WI to madison for the night and stay with the wife's sister, so TG would be in the wrong direction heading out...plus, it wouldn't be open.

Goal for the July trip is to hit Central Waters on the way back.
Represent830
AG
NColoradoAG said:

maca1028 said:

Anyone care to snag me a bottle or 2?
ISO

All you gotta do is ask
maca1028
D&Q has RU55 and Ol Oi
jah003
S
AggieOO said:

jah003 said:

would love to swing through there on one of our trips, but we hit iowa in the middle of the night/super early morning on the way up. Typically on the way back, we drive from northern WI to madison for the night and stay with the wife's sister, so TG would be in the wrong direction heading out...plus, it wouldn't be open.

Goal for the July trip is to hit Central Waters on the way back.
We are going to spend about a week in Alexandria, MN (Western MN). Then drive to Richland Center, WI for a wedding (Southwest WI). Dropping down to TG only adds an hour to our trip so it obviously makes sense.

I'd love to check out CW one of these summers...
dave99ag
AG
Wife had to go to Austin today and brought back some area goodies: JK RU-55, Colonel Toby, ABW Einhorn and Blue Spirit Animal. None of which we'll get in CS.
La Fours
AG
Actually, specs got some colonel Toby on Monday.
dave99ag
AG
I always forget to go to Specs and only check Tower Point. She also got Real Ale Gose, which TP still has yet to get.
La Fours
AG
TP had it but I bought it all and drank it. Well not ALL of it. I was there earlier and they are out for now. I'm sure they will get more tomorrow.

With Specs, I set a Facebook notification for their beer page so I would know when they post new arrivals. Otherwise I would not know since I don't go in there very often.
steve00
AG
Just got a new box of tasty beers to try. Wish I didn't have to wait until tomorrow for them to chill.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
So does the specs on Bay Area.
jah003
S
Shout out to my daughter for the unicorn...
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I didn't think Ol Oi was supposed to see distro.
maca1028
Lucky #007 said:

So does the specs on Bay Area.

Even better, I need to get out and do some shopping tomorrow.
maca1028
dave99ag
AG
Is that a lady unicorn on your glass? They getting freaky at ABW.
jah003
S
dave99ag said:

Is that a lady unicorn on your glass? They getting freaky at ABW.
Yea dude... It's like the lady mud flaps, but with unicorns. One of my favorite glasses... If it broke, I'd probably just miss work the next day.
MathNewman06
AG
Lucky #007 said:

I didn't think Ol Oi was supposed to see distro.

D&Q and Nobi both often get stuff that's not distributed elsewhere in Houston. Maybe they bring it in themselves or have some special deal set up?
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I think they do. Spec's surprised me though. Didn't think they'd be able to get enough to make it worth it though I suppose there was no limit so maybe.

Unrelated but am I the only person that doesn't get the Shiner Light Blonde commercial? They say you don't want a light beer so drink Shiner Light Blonde?
cc10106
They buy a ****load of product from Flood. Great customer benefits is my guess.
Represent830
AG
Lucky #007 said:

I think they do. Spec's surprised me though. Didn't think they'd be able to get enough to make it worth it though I suppose there was no limit so maybe.

Unrelated but am I the only person that doesn't get the Shiner Light Blonde commercial? They say you don't want a light beer so drink Shiner Light Blonde?

You watching the Astros game? I have a problem with the Southwest commercial they keep running. Stupid ladies lips and the song don't sync up and it's pissing me off.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Nope. Rangers.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Blackhawk Shell also has them both. My uncle may have cleaned out Specs. Depends on if they had more in the back.
MathNewman06
AG
Great Notion juice box.
Thanks to those who recommended this spot.

Degarde tomorrow.
62strat
AG
AggieOO said:

MathNewman06 said:

La Fours said:

They let you bring that on the plane? Nice. Did the wine bar let you leave the bar with it unopened? I didn't think you could take an open beer on to a plane. But I may be wrong about that.

I didn't ask permission. Airport wine bar advertised cold beer to go, so I took that as permission to drink it on the plane. The bottle stayed in the bag on the floor between pours. One attendant saw me with it and didn't say anything. Your mileage may vary.
The actual law is 'served' by the airline (not sold). You can bring your own, and ask the flight attendant to serve it to you, and if they agree, it is perfectly legal. Southwest flight attendants are generally pretty easy going, and have done this to me before. (the mini alcohol bottles.. since I wanted a soda with it, I just asked her). The idea behind it is they don't want someone pounding alcohol they brought on and getting rowdy. By requiring them to play bartender and do the serving, they can keep an eye on your consumption.

According to this, it may not be too uncommon:
https://www.thrillist.com/travel/nation/what-are-airplane-liquor-laws-the-definitive-guide-to-drinking-on-planes

"Legally, any passenger in the United States can bring alcohol on a plane, but most airlines prohibit passengers from drinking it onboard. Some, however, do let passengers imbibe their own booze, so long as the bottle remains in the galley, and it's served by a flight attendant."
AggieOO
Parabola at Total Wine Lakeline, fyi.

i'm stuck on calls for a couple hours, but guessing they'll still have plenty this afternoon.
AggieOO
thanks for the clarification. i'd still be careful drinking my own alcohol on a plane, but good info to know.
Scriffer
AG
Something something Trillium coming your way something something........
First Page Last Page
Page 1208 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.