Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,653,859 Views | 62634 Replies | Last: 15 hrs ago by Objective Aggie
Hudson2508
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Nope, it's a buddy's family place. Amazing views and direct access to the river.
Represent830
AG
Anyone know any good bottle shops in St, Louis?
Hudson2508
AG
You drink Derivation at Side Project?
Represent830
AG
I'll be there this weekend. Was planning on having a Jammy since I can't trade for one.
Hudson2508
AG
Think they have Derivation bottles for on site consumption right now. Drink one for me please.
Represent830
AG
I'll try. Doming a Derivation and Jammy in one sitting sounds like a bad time. Or a great time.
lne2011
AG
Nice Double IPA

La Fours
AG
College Station Specs has funk metal. Or did as of noon today.
Jock 07
AG
The funk metal talk made me pull this out tonight. Not nearly as good as funk metal or ToD but still pretty good nonetheless.

Chipotlemonger
AG

Bumped around Asheville today. I think my favorite beer was this afternoon was this Peach Berliner Weise from Hi-Wire. Another noteworthy one was the Blue Chips stout at Wicked Weed. Stout with blueberry, but not overboard in its fruitiness or sweetness and actually well balanced.
lne2011
AG

Another NEIPA being released today.
Jock 07
AG
If it's no label it'll probably taste like ****
jah003
S
Found this extremely helpful and beautifully made map on Twitter today...
lne2011
AG
You've got to protect the 3 tier system! There's no need to cut out the middleman!
dave99ag
AG
The distributors have one damn $$$$$$$ good lobby going on in Austin.
Connd

Had some 3 Floyds fun today
DonaldFDraper
AG
I've seen a lot of St. Louis beers on the thread recently...

Heading to St. Louis tomorrow for one night, any recommendations on a good spot to grab a beer and some food? Preferably where I can catch the Spurs game.
Chipotlemonger
AG

Hello
Scriffer
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

Hello

If anyone can score one or two for me, I'd be a grateful TexAgger
Connd
Nm.
Chipotlemonger
AG

Another stellar IPA from Bearded Iris.
txag2008
AG
Do they make it out of Nashville at all? Obviously not Texas, but AL or GA at all?
Chipotlemonger
AG
I do not believe that they do.
AggieOO
http://spirits.blog.austin360.com/2017/05/11/austin-brewpub-pinthouse-pizza-to-open-third-location-in-round-rock/
jah003
S
AggieOO said:

http://spirits.blog.austin360.com/2017/05/11/austin-brewpub-pinthouse-pizza-to-open-third-location-in-round-rock/

Oh man, I like that. Wife and I are already a huge fan of Salt Traders and Jack Allens up that way. Now... Throw a Pinthouse in the mix? I may just move to RR.
Robert C. Christian
AG
Is this a new bill? I might have missed where it was being introduced.

http://abc13.com/news/dont-mess-with-texas-beer-bill-may-raise-craft-beer-prices/1979392/
Quincey P. Morris
AG
That article would be a lot more helpful had they bothered to include the number, the sponsor, or even a web page to find information on it.
Robert C. Christian
AG
Found it on another site, it is HB3287.

http://www.pressreader.com/usa/houston-chronicle/20170506/281848643511914
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Leave it to the Texas Legislature to come up with a law that gets craft brewers and ABInbev on the same side.
Robert C. Christian
AG
Pretty good right up on both bills here. This is really dumb:
Quote:

Here's another impact of the bill. The 5,000 bbls allowed to be sold on site would also be the sum of all breweries with common ownership. For instance, Hops & Grain Brewing in Austin, San Marcos and Pint & Plow Brewing in Kerrville, TX would all be counted towards our 5,000 bbl limit because of my common ownership with the three facilities. If we had any investors who had an ownership interest in another brewery in Texas then that breweries tap room sales would also be lumped into our total.

Now here's where it really gets nefarious. If the total production were to increase above 225,000 bbls this bill would still allow for the 5,000 bbl sold on-site but the beer would have to be sold to a wholesaler and then purchased back at retail price before it could be sold on-site. But the beer would never actually leave the brewery. A brewer would have to invoice their distributor at the normal wholesale cost and then the wholesaler would send back an invoice at retail cost before the brewer could sell it. And because of the wonders of the Alcoholic Beverage Code, the brewer would have to pay the invoice immediately and the wholesaler would be allowed credit terms on their invoice.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
The distributors trying to claim this is about protecting small breweries is a stance so patently absurd as to be insulting.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Last night while digging through the closet I pulled out a Lenin's Revenge that had been sitting there collecting dust. I don't drink any of their regular beers anymore (1836 gives me a terrible headache and Sam's Daily was jettisoned after the terrible Aggie Football collapse of 2015) but I remembered really enjoying some of their stouts.

I was really pretty disappointed with it. Maybe it's because I drank it after a yummy Breakfast Stout, but the Lenin's Revenge just wasn't very good.
Represent830
AG
DonaldFDraper said:

I've seen a lot of St. Louis beers on the thread recently...

Heading to St. Louis tomorrow for one night, any recommendations on a good spot to grab a beer and some food? Preferably where I can catch the Spurs game.

I'm in St. Louis this weekend too, I got some spots that their local beer group recommended. I'm heading to SP myself, not sure about TVs though.
Jock 07
AG
In Kansas city this weekend. probably no time for breweries but any recommendations on liquor stores? don't know what kind of stuff I can get there that I can't get here in NE.
DonaldFDraper
AG
SP = ?

Any near the airport?
First Page Last Page
Page 1201 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.