Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,674,985 Views | 62646 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by Jock 07
steve00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If you mean the DDG, then no. It was a lot of work and took a number of people (including one from here) to snag some. You can only pick it up in person, so my proximity to the brewery is a benefit, but not a guarantee that I can get it.
Chipotlemonger
AG

Thanks Steve, good beer. Definitely a strong sour. 2015 version here.
Jock 07
AG
maca1028 said:

How was it?

Pretty good but I prefer BBA ten fiddy
maca1028
Just curious, I'll be in SD in July, hoping to get my hands on some lost abbey.
62strat
AG
Well this evening I had a half bomber of chimay red, a 500ml of farmhouse noire by paradox, then a 8oz pour of clutch and 12 oz pour of a NE IPA, then a 750ml of GI Lolita. All at 10,000'.

I'm done folks.
NColoradoAG
turfman80 said:

NColoradoAG said:

https://instagr.am/p/BTMlvpaDLNu
What's in the egg?

https://instagr.am/p/BTNZETujcku
steve00
AG
maca1028 said:

Just curious, I'll be in SD in July, hoping to get my hands on some lost abbey.

The good bottle shops in town will probably have 3-4 LA varieties on the shelves. If you go up to the brewery in North County, they'll have more like 15-20 varieties. They also sell Port Brewing stuff there.
jetch17
AG
Picked up some fresh ass yellow rose and some Budweiser big & bright IPA for the fugg of it to drink out in the sunshine today
jetch17
AG
Pretty refreshing actually ... GF sculpin is better

Jock 07
AG
jetch17 said:

Picked up some fresh ass yellow rose and some Budweiser big & bright IPA for the fugg of it to drink out in the sunshine today
So when I was down there week before last I noticed all the yellow rose was old with the latest being from early February. Is it sitting on the shelves for a while now? I passed but how fast does it fall off? Especially considering none of it was in coolers.
jetch17
AG
It definately sits longer now that they are able to get it out quicker ... I really only want it within the week releases though which stay fresh at places like d&q

I grabbed a 4/17 today which is probably the latest, but fugg grabbing a feb one. It does tend to fall off quick. I'm glad they date them now at least
jetch17
AG
Fire up the grill!

maca1028
I'll be up at JK next Saturday with a group of friends if any Austin folks want to catch up for a beer. Probably be there pretty close to opening.
Jock 07
AG
This is in my top 3 of JK beers that I've had along with nocturn chrysalis and foudreweizen. Wish I could have gotten my hands on some of their spon stuff.

Chipotlemonger
AG
You and I have similar Top 3's for JK.

Any news or knowledge around here about the next time Foudreweizen may be released?
Represent830
AG
MathNewman06 said:

It's not on their bottles to go list right now, but yeah, I'm excited to check it out regardless.

Family trip to Portland, but I was able to sell the air museum next door for the boy to get the wife to go along with making the trip over there.

Choosing to hit up de garde over pfriem or bend since those seem to have better distribution to the city.

I'll certainly be going to Belmont Station and as many breweries in town as I can hit.
Does anyone have any other specific Portland recommendations, beer or otherwise?

Loved Portland. Obviously Degarde is my favorite. We drove out there and hiked King's Mountain on the way back. Awesome time.

Portland proper I loved everywhere there. I loved Ex Novo and Breakside. Cascade was really great too. Great Notion was probably my favorite. Their double stack was really good and my buddy loved their IPAs.

If you can get outside the city and go to Hood River definitely hit up Double Mountain and Logsdon. I think pFriem was closed so we didn't get to it. But it's a great place along the river.

MathNewman06
AG
Awesome. Thanks for the recommendations, Rep and everyone else. Gotta get through a few busy weeks at work and then we'll be enjoying a few days up there at the end of May.
Represent830
AG
Speaking of beer trips, Denver/Colorado guys, what's the top 5-10 best breweries in the area? Gonna try to hit up WW obviously, Crooked Stave is a must, really really have to go to Black Project. What else? Went to Argonaut and Grapevine last time as well for bottle shops.
Represent830
AG
I should say that I went last year and hit up a few but not nearly as many as I wanted. I'll only have about 2 full days as the rest of the trip is dedicated to hiking.
streetfighter2012
AG
I'm a big fan of Dry Dock Brewing and have made it a point to stop by there the last few times I've been out in Denver.
dave99ag
AG
streetfighter, when are y'all going to Asheville?

Asheville Beer Week - May 26 - June 3 http://avlbeerweek.com/
NColoradoAG
Represent830 said:

I should say that I went last year and hit up a few but not nearly as many as I wanted. I'll only have about 2 full days as the rest of the trip is dedicated to hiking.
2 to 1 says you do something dumb at hurt yourself again.

If you want to hit that many breweries I'd come up here north for a day and go to WW and Fort Collins. Then in Denver you could hit Crooked Stave, Great Divide Barrel Room, Ratio, Cerebral, Black Project, and TRVE all within a 30 minute drive in Denver.
streetfighter2012
AG
We are headed out there this weekend. So we'll be missing those festivities. It was great meeting you yesterday, thanks for the beer!
Represent830
AG
NColoradoAG said:

Represent830 said:

2 to 1 says you do something dumb at hurt yourself again.

If you want to hit that many breweries I'd come up here north for a day and go to WW and Fort Collins. Then in Denver you could hit Crooked Stave, Great Divide Barrel Room, Ratio, Cerebral, Black Project, and TRVE all within a 30 minute drive in Denver.

Injuries happen, even to the elite.

That's probably my game plan right now. Was debating between Fort Collins and Boulder on my northward swing.
Scriffer
AG
Anyone have recommendations for bars / bottle shops in Boston? Going up there in early June, and I'll have an afternoon / evening to myself. Not sure exactly where I'll be staying, but I'll be on foot / mass transit.
txag2008
AG
Trillium. Buy it all
62strat
AG
Hey beer nerds, as I mentioned a bit back, have a week available in Breck, ski in-ski out in Jan over MLK week.

https://texags.com/forums/54/topics/2850516/replies/48904075

Book early for well below market value. I'll knock another 10% off for my fellow beer brethren

Hudson2508
AG

Bearded Iris is making a damn fine IPA. Thanks Chipotle.
dixie whiskey
AG
Jock 07 said:

This is in my top 3 of JK beers that I've had along with nocturn chrysalis and foudreweizen. Wish I could have gotten my hands on some of their spon stuff.

While i haven't tried any other jk fruit sours, i shared mvb (thanks to bsd) with a friend 2 weekends ago i wanna say, and we both agreed it was phenomenal. My friend, newer to sours in general, liked it so much hes been hitting me up for various suggestions of somewhat similar, albeit lesser in quality, shelf type beers just to try and fill the void. So far i believe hes picked up kriek fond tradition, one of the hanssens krieks, and odell friek, with plans to grab some cascade stuff from the kroger out here selling them for $13-17 ea. Told him to bring a cascade over and ill open a different one from my stash as well.

My top 3 jk would probably be mvb, foudreweizen (courtesy of hudson, this thread clearly helped me step my jk game up), and bufords.

Unreleated, and i realize im late to the party, but grabbed a growler of pussalia over the weekend. After having indulged over 3 separate sittings, i feel comfortable saying its the best tx dipa ive had and its not close. I cant think of any highly regarded tx dipas i havent tried other than heavy machinery though i could be overlooking some. *****wagon was great, but brash took this to another level. Not to say its as good as pliny, but no dipa has impressed me this much since trying pliny. Im not as well versed in the whalez as lots of yall, but its in elite company for me. Any thoughts on pussalia or other nominations for best tx imperial ipa?
Hudson2508
AG
Haven't had Pussalia but Pinthouse in Austin is making the best IPAs in the state in my opinion. Haven't tried Nomura yet which is their most liked Double IPA but all of their other IPAs are excellent. They've started bottling different versions of Fully Adrift and they now do Crowlers so hit them up next time you're here.
reesei10
Hudson2508 said:

Haven't had Pussalia but Pinthouse in Austin is making the best IPAs in the state in my opinion. Haven't tried Nomura yet which is their most liked Double IPA but all of their other IPAs are excellent. They've started bottling different versions of Fully Adrift and they now do Crowlers so hit them up next time you're here.
Is Pinthouse canning/bottling anything?
jah003
S
Hudson2508 said:

Yep. I've hit up both locations in the past few weeks and they are pumping out some delicious stuff... WTF is Juice and This is Juice are both excellent, but You Holding Bro? was on a whole other level.
Hudson2508
AG
Thanks Hub! Lambic, De Garde and Cigar City. Also these cans sounds great too.

jh0400
AG
I like that Commotion a lot. I wish some of the Louisiana breweries (Great Raft, Parish, Urban South) would expand to Texas.
docaggie
AG
In Raleigh for the week.
Total Wine within an easy walk.
Trying WW Persistence and and Arcanic tonight
Got a WW Marina for tomorrow.
Last time I was here I couldn't find any Wicked Weed, so was eager to try some.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
First Page Last Page
Page 1192 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.