Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,677,589 Views | 62651 Replies | Last: 26 min ago by Jock 07
jh0400
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MathNewman06 said:

I'll certainly be going to Belmont Station and as many breweries in town as I can hit.
Does anyone have any other specific Portland recommendations, beer or otherwise?

If you're in Tillamook, you owe it to yourself to drive down to Pacific City for lunch at Pelican. The view from their back porch is phenomenal.

For bottle shops in Portland, John's Marketplace has a good selection. Apex Bar is a cool place to check out. They usually have Pliny and Hop Venom on tap. It's also not far from Commons or Cascade.
62strat
AG
Scriffer said:

Just left 62strat's place in Breck, and I can't say enough good things about it. We had two pregnant women and a toddler, and they took great care of us.

Only downside is the Sevens restaurant in the resort is overpriced and not very good. This is their first season open, so maybe they're still working out the kinks.

Highly recommend if another offer comes up, but you'll have to beat me to the punch.

We've been coming here almost 3 years and sevens has always been there, did someone tell you it was first season open? Maybe they told a fib to cover up bad service hah.
I'm not sure of the relationship between sevens and grand lodge, I think it's totally separate (we found out last night you can't bring in outside alcohol, which makes me think they are separate.) Obviously sevens is a public restaurant for anyone on peak7. Whereas the lobby bar in Grand lodge is not public, and you can bring a drink from your room at sit there.

We've only eaten there 2-3 times, and haven't had bad food yet. It is definitely expensive; it's location brings top dollar, being 100' from a super chair lift. Not defending them in anyway, we are indifferent of the restaurant overall. We only eat there because we always have resort credit it seems, and we can use our credit there.

Glad it was a seamless stay for you. I do have a full week available in Jan MLK week. I'll post it up next week.
Scriffer
AG
Odd about Sevens. Someone in the group said they saw that it was brand new. Either way, it really didn't take away from the experience at all.

The only food experience that really got to me was the $7 Gatorade on the mountain that I didn't realize until the card was swiped. Gonna be mad about that for awhile.
maca1028
jh0400 said:

MathNewman06 said:

I'll certainly be going to Belmont Station and as many breweries in town as I can hit.
Does anyone have any other specific Portland recommendations, beer or otherwise?

If you're in Tillamook, you owe it to yourself to drive down to Pacific City for lunch at Pelican. The view from their back porch is phenomenal.

For bottle shops in Portland, John's Marketplace has a good selection. Apex Bar is a cool place to check out. They usually have Pliny and Hop Venom on tap. It's also not far from Commons or Cascade.

I approve this message! This was my favorite part of our trip a couple of years ago. The folks at De Garde were the ones that recommended it and gave us directions.
jah003
S
Lucky #007 said:

So how is this different from their other collaborations? Are none of them licensed as brewery's in the state? If not, what are they? This is more absurd than their moronic crowler ruling.
The wording of the law allows them to enforce it whenever they feel like it. Like previous folks have mentioned, they've been getting beaten down so much lately they took their ball and went home. TABC intentially words laws so they can be interpreted many different ways (or whatever way works for them at the moment).
dave99ag
AG
Bet it would have been approved if JK paid for another conference in Hawaii.
Chipotlemonger
AG

Had a cool visit to a brewery called New Heights in Nashville. Got to meet the brewmaster and talk shop a bit. One of the newer places in the area, but it'll have staying power. Quality beer.
Hudson2508
AG
Came home to this today.

Just finished unboxing it.... Which let me tell you, took a while. John freaking boxed this thing up like he never wanted me to get the beer out. Haha.

Secondly, what a box. The only beer I've even heard of in the box is Jai Also, which I'm pumped to have for the first time. Bearded Iris is supposed to be money so looking forward to those too.

This wasn't all for the tournament pay off but nonetheless a great box of beer. Thank you sir. Have a lot of freshies in here to get going on tomorrow.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG

Stuck in Waco but found Hops and Grain Dispensary IPA. This **** is good and a complete hop bomb. Love it.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Glad that it made it intact and in time for the weekend.
NColoradoAG
https://instagr.am/p/BTMlvpaDLNu
jh0400
AG
Any interest in sending some of those to Houston?
corndog04
AG
Kroger near me had Rogue Dead Guy bombers on clearance for $3.29. Been years since I've had one as I don't think it is worth nearly what they usually charge, but I loaded up at that price. They also had Roll in the Hay @ $6.50 each - grabbed the only 2 left.
62strat
AG
Finally got my lips on some clutch!

On tap at Kenosha steakhouse in breck. And the happy hour is 2 for 1

Thinking about a wicked weed cherry sour next, but damn $9 for 4oz!

Went with epic/telluride collab NE IPA. damn good.
turfman80
AG
NColoradoAG said:

https://instagr.am/p/BTMlvpaDLNu
What's in the egg?
Scriffer
AG
62strat said:

Saw the same thing when we were there. I couldn't talk myself into the WW.
maca1028
What he said...
La Fours
AG
My guess is tritip.
Jock 07
AG
62strat said:

Sounds like crooked stave pricing at the source
AggieStout
AG
How is that cocanut coffee stout? Looks good and sounds good.
62strat
AG
Jock 07 said:

62strat said:

Sounds like crooked stave pricing at the source

I made the mistake of asking for a sip of something there. $5 hah. That wicked weed keg (assuming 5.5g) will bring in over $1500!
steve00
AG
Working on my box for Hudson.

Got a few for myself as well.
steve00
AG
The rest isn't cold yet, so digging into one I already had.
Jock 07
AG
steve00 said:

The rest isn't cold yet, so digging into one I already had.

Before I die I'm gonna drink one of those ****ers
Jock 07
AG
BBA death by coconut

reesei10
Going to try this pairing tonight.

steve00
AG
If I'm still here next time it comes out, I can hook you up.
ChipFTAC01
AG
A few pages back someone commented that Clown Shoes might be one of the most underrated breweries in America due to how available it is. I have to really agree. I've been picking various ones up lately and they all are just fantastic.
Scriffer
AG
First time I've ever been disappointed in a Lost Abbey beer. Really bready with little else going on.

Jock 07
AG
My man, that'd be much appreciated.
Hudson2508
AG
Thanks Chipotle. First Cigar City brew and it's great.
maca1028
Is that stuff pretty easy to come by in San Diego?
maca1028
How and where did you find that?!
Jock 07
AG
Liquor store down in Lincoln had it on tap a few weeks ago.
maca1028
How was it?
First Page Last Page
Page 1191 of 1791

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.