Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,678,865 Views | 62662 Replies | Last: 4 min ago by Kyle98
steve00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
When reasonable people can't agree on which beer to share, they agree not to share.
62strat
AG
Represent830 said:

Enjoying a beer while watching the Astros and planning my Colorado hiking trip.

I didn't realize until today that we had communicated before and it was for acquiring that beer heh.

Assuming this is the person I'm talking to in email right now.
AggieStout
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

Still sitting on the shelves in Houston if you want more.

I'd like more. Just checked and I'm out of GGMM. Care to send some my way?
AggieStout
AG
Wife got me these for Easter.

Represent830
AG
62strat said:

Represent830 said:

I didn't realize until today that we had communicated before and it was for acquiring that beer heh.

Yes sir that's me.
NColoradoAG
Represent830 said:

62strat said:

Represent830 said:

Yes sir that's me.

Another successful texags hookup
ChipFTAC01
AG
Yeah, I'll grab some if I can.
Scriffer
AG
Just left 62strat's place in Breck, and I can't say enough good things about it. We had two pregnant women and a toddler, and they took great care of us.

Only downside is the Sevens restaurant in the resort is overpriced and not very good. This is their first season open, so maybe they're still working out the kinks.

Highly recommend if another offer comes up, but you'll have to beat me to the punch.
dummble
AG
Was anyone looking for Abyss variants in Houston?
MathNewman06
AG
Not actively, but I'm interested.
maca1028
I spotted some in Clear Lake but didn't want to spend $25 per bottle.
dixie whiskey
AG
dummble said:

Was anyone looking for Abyss variants in Houston?

i had basically given up on finding any on the nw side
dave99ag
AG
I saw some Abyss variants at the Market Street HEB in the Woodlands about 2 weeks ago. DIdn't feel like spending $27 since I already had a few from previous releases.
Hudson2508
AG
Sang Noir is pretty damn good. First Cascade beer for me. Have a 2014 Apricot in the fridge that I'm excited to crack open soon.
jh0400
AG
Hudson2508 said:

Sang Noir is pretty damn good. First Cascade beer for me. Have a 2014 Apricot in the fridge that I'm excited to crack open soon.

I like all of the Sang beers. I found a 2013 Sang Rouge at Specs on Black Friday. If you get a chance to try Sang Royal, it's probably the best of the group. I wish I could get my hands on another one.
Jock 07
AG
Florida sue has gotten worse. I believe I'm done with non IA TG

dummble
AG
Specs Atascocita has some brandy barrel for like $25. I bought one but there was about 6 left.
MathNewman06
AG
dummble said:

Specs Atascocita has some brandy barrel for like $25. I bought one but there was about 6 left.

Thanks. I'm actually out that way for a meeting today, so I grabbed some. Still several left if anyone else is looking.
cc10106
cc10106 said:

Represent830 said:

maca1028 said:

Thanks. In other news, when did De Garde get tabc approval?

6 months ago maybe?
Nah, couple months:
http://tenemu.com/news/de-garde-eyes-texas-distribution/02/2017

I wish Elements of Composition would get approval already, but this is still good news.
Weeell, so much for EoC getting approved. Denied.

**** you, TABC. Worthless cahksuckers.
reesei10
cc10106 said:

cc10106 said:

Represent830 said:

maca1028 said:

6 months ago maybe?
Nah, couple months:

I wish Elements of Composition would get approval already, but this is still good news.

How many collaborations has JK done, and TABC is just now pull this s***!?
jah003
S
reesei10 said:

cc10106 said:

cc10106 said:

Represent830 said:

maca1028 said:

6 months ago maybe?
Nah, couple months:

How many collaborations has JK done, and TABC is just now pull this s***!?
Edit: I didn't read the article correctly. TABC just decided they were gonna be super duper strict now for some reason...
cc10106
To avoid confusion, here is what Jeff Stuffings wrote about it on JK's blog:

On a less positive note, this Saturday's lineup was supposed to also include the release of Elements of Composition our collaboration with De Garde and Sante Adairius Rustic Ales. Sadly, the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission (TABC) has not approved this beer for Texas. TABC's position is that an out of state brewery licensed in Texas cannot collaborate with a Texas brewpub. They consider such a collaboration a violation of the three tier system. Jester King is officially licensed as a brewpub in Texas and is considered a retailer. De Garde is considered a manufacturer. Thus, TABC believes a three tier violation exists.

Our position is that a collaboration is creative meeting of the minds, and that the State does not have the power to quash such artistic expression. We believe it is unconstitutional for the State to censor us from telling our customers truthful and factual information about how a beer was made. Ultimately, we believe the First Amendment of the U.S. Constitution will win the day, and we'll eventually be able to get State approval for collaborations with out of state breweries licensed in Texas. We will do everything in our power to fight TABC over this matter, and are prepared to go to court to protect our First Amendment rights.

link:
http://jesterkingbrewery.com/de-garde-brewing-texas-debut-this-saturday
MathNewman06
AG
Did they already release this at de garde?
I may be heading up there next month.

Edit: I found that they released it at de garde back in December, I do remember seeing that now. Probably none left up there, I imagine they already sent the rest down here if they were anticipating to release it soon.
Oh well, I'll still be bringing back some form of de garde tasties.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Is there a more worthless organization than TABC?
AggieStout
AG
If you havent grabbed some GGMM I ended up finding some in Austin. I had yet to try this place as it was furhter south than I normally go. If you have though ill still take it.
Bmac04
AG
Some STL shelfies
AggieStout
AG
They have some up on beer collectabiles but they are hella expensive. People wanting around $300. They also have the collaboration "the stuffing" up for sale.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Good. I haven't been to the store yet and truthfully don't have time this weekend. I will keep my eyes open, though.
cc10106
MathNewman06 said:

Did they already release this at de garde?
I may be heading up there next month.

Edit: I found that they released it at de garde back in December, I do remember seeing that now. Probably none left up there, I imagine they already sent the rest down here if they were anticipating to release it soon.
Oh well, I'll still be bringing back some form of de garde tasties.
Last i heard there were on-site bottles available but not sure about now. I know the alottments to-go there and at Sante Adarius were small. You'll have no shortage of great beer either way.
cc10106
Lucky #007, i doubt it.

Yeah, i'm not blowing $300 on a bottle. I just wanted to try it but no big deal if not. I'm mainly disappointed in TABC and their perpetual saltiness and disregard for consumers. Maybe it's their way of sticking it to JK and others considering the recent battles they've lost. Maybe Sante not having approval in TX is a sticking point. I'm speculating at this point.

**EDIT: If they can't collab with a TX-licensed brewery like de Garde, then how did Imperial Cabinet and Red Atrial get approved? I guess Bruery and Wicked Weed didn't have approval yet? I don't know the timeline for those, but this is the outdated three tier system rearing its ugly head again.
AggieStout
AG
I picked some up today. So I'm good for now
MathNewman06
AG
It's not on their bottles to go list right now, but yeah, I'm excited to check it out regardless.

Family trip to Portland, but I was able to sell the air museum next door for the boy to get the wife to go along with making the trip over there.

Choosing to hit up de garde over pfriem or bend since those seem to have better distribution to the city.

I'll certainly be going to Belmont Station and as many breweries in town as I can hit.
Does anyone have any other specific Portland recommendations, beer or otherwise?
La Fours
AG
I have some friends who are up in Oregon right now. They hit up pfriem the other day and said it was awesome. I had not heard of them before.
cc10106
I've only had a couple of their brews but have heard Great Notion is a great one to visit.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
So how is this different from their other collaborations? Are none of them licensed as brewery's in the state? If not, what are they? This is more absurd than their moronic crowler ruling.
First Page Last Page
Page 1190 of 1791

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.