Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,676,944 Views | 62649 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by steve00
Represent830
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone going to CS from April 7-9 for beer and baseball and wanna split a hotel room? If not I'll probably drive up and back Saturday.
jetch17
AG
Drinking all the Big Bend La Frontera here in ass Midland for the week. Between big bend and Bells being available out here now, the hotel beers don't lick
maca1028
Congrats Scriffer!
dave99ag
AG
Scriffer said:

Found out last night that we're having a girl, and Rep came through with Beer Mail today, including documentation of #BeerThreadBabyWave2017. Gotta keep the momentum going from last year
dave99ag
AG
Represent830 said:

Anyone going to CS from April 7-9 for beer and baseball and wanna split a hotel room? If not I'll probably drive up and back Saturday.
If you don't have any luck find a roomy / place, let me know. We've got space.
Scriffer
AG
Thanks y'all! Gonna be a crazy ride.
Scriffer
AG
Also, does the name "Teku Glass" make anyone else think of a Zelda side-quest?

dave99ag
AG
I really want to play the new Zelda, but life has kinda gotten in the way of that.
cpscAG06
AG
Congrats Scriffer. Our second boy is due at the end of August.
La Fours
AG
Welcome to my nightmare. Only reason I don't complain about bows is because my wife is super crafty and made almost all of the ones my daughter wears. I think out of over 30, we have only bought 2 or 3. Seriously.
Kyle98
AG
Awesome, congrats! My little girl just turned 1.
La Fours
AG
Did you buy a switch?
La Fours
AG

Damn this is good. Smooth and rich. The only negative is that there is no carbonation.
dixie whiskey
AG
La Fours said:

Damn this is good. Smooth and rich. The only negative is that there is no carbonation.

i havent seen any of the evil twin special releases in houston since they began distribution in tx. are they super limited, do we not really get the good stuff yet, or am i just not looking in the right stores? im on the nw side if anyone has seen them out here
dave99ag
AG
La Fours said:

Did you buy a switch?
Bought land in the desert instead.
La Fours
AG
I picked this up in Colorado last week. I want to say that I have seen Evil Twin a few times at the smith street specs. But I only get down there once or twice a year.
La Fours
AG
I would say that's a better use of money and time.
La Fours
AG
AleSmith teamed up with Sublime to brew a Mexican Lager for the band's 25th anniversary of the release of 40oz of Freedom!!

http://thefullpint.com/beer-news/alesmith-brews-sublime-25th-anniversary-beer-40oz-freedom/

Steve00, please, please, please gopickitupformebro one of the special limited released 40's.

jah003
S
dave99ag said:

La Fours said:

Did you buy a switch?
Bought land in the desert instead.

Didn't realize land was that cheap... I got like 30 bucks in my wallet, that'll get me an acre right?
Jock 07
AG
So are there a lot of folks going to the Saturday Aubrn baseball game? I'm trying to talk my wife into letting me go to that game. I'd assume GA tickets wouldn't be hard to come by?
dave99ag
AG
jah003 said:

Didn't realize land was that cheap... I got like 30 bucks in my wallet, that'll get me an acre right?

I got our land by tradung a few JK's to a neckbeard that thought they could handle West Texas.
La Fours
AG
Probably. It's also the football team's spring game. And probably parents weekend.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Congrats Scriff

Hope y'all's baby making mojo doesn't spread my way.
steve00
AG
It doesn't seem clear when or how exactly these will be available. If you supply me the info and I am in town when they go on sale, I'll hook you up.
La Fours
AG
steve00 said:

It doesn't seem clear when or how exactly these will be available. If you supply me the info and I am in town when they go on sale, I'll hook you up.
Excellent. Thanks man. I hope I remember to check back on this in the coming months. The release is supposed to be in June I think, on the same date that the album was released 25 years ago.
Represent830
AG
dave99ag said:

Represent830 said:

If you don't have any luck find a roomy / place, let me know. We've got space.
Appreciate it. I'll let you know.
jh0400
AG
Has anyone tried this yet?

La Fours
AG
Is it on shelves? I may pick some up to see what it's about.
lne2011
AG
I don't think it is yet.
MathNewman06
AG
I haven't seen a can yet, but they had it on tap at the brewery sometime last year. I remember liking it better than the regular boiler room, so I'll probably grab a can sometime to see if that holds up.
Two Down
AG
Specs downtown tweeted they had it then had to rescind and said they made a mistake. But then I saw BeerStation say they have it also, so who knows?

On tap though the stuff is very solid. So fingers crossed.
AggieStout
AG
La Fours said:

Probably. It's also the football team's spring game. And probably parents weekend.

So it's going to be a cluster F that weekend because if it's parents weekend that also means ring day as well.
MathNewman06
AG
Gimmicky, sure. But worth a try, nonetheless. 32% ABV.
Jock 07
AG
MathNewman06 said:

Gimmicky, sure. But worth a try, nonetheless. 32% ABV.

How is it? I still have mine sitting in the back of the cellar. Is it carbed do you need to drink it in a day or two or can you stretch it out like utopia? I'm assuming it was at least carbed at one time due to the provided flip cap
MathNewman06
AG
I liked it. Really smoky, but some dark fruit flavors too that I didn't really expect. This was from a few 2011 bottles that flying saucer houston opened tonight.
Don't really feel like I need to try it again any time soon - would grab a bourbon or scotch if I wanted to go that route, but worth it to me for the experience and the untappd checkin.
First Page Last Page
Page 1172 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.