Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,674,735 Views | 62646 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Jock 07
NColoradoAG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
jh0400
AG
MathNewman06 said:

Looks like it was:

jh0400
streetfighter2012
MathNewman06
jayelbee
jetch17

I've got enough Supps to hold me over for a while. I'll take whatever is left over if they aren't all claimed, but I'm open to let someone else have mine if they haven't had it. Let me know.
dixie whiskey
AG
got ahold of some new to me beers over the last few days

jk part in parcel- really impressed by this one. expected to like it but didn't expect it to stand out so much. has a tart caramel/toffee thing going. glad i got 2.

mikkeller spontancherryframboos- had some family that went to jk last weekend and had them grab this along with part and parcel. loved it, wish i got more. really want to try their other spontan beers.

prairie paradise- had high expectations given how much i like their stouts as well as coconut. initially was a bit let down, but as it warmed up, a lot of thr flavors opened up and it was an entirely different beer. kinda feels like its missing something, but good nonetheless. maybe pirate paradise solves that with rum barrels.

new belgium lime citradelic- seriously one of the worst beers ive had in a while. its like bud lt lime but a beer

delirium red- i have a soft spot for delirium tremens as it was one of the 1st Belgians i really loved way back when, but i honestly didn't know this was a thing. its ok, mostly underwhelming
dixie whiskey
AG
i certainly dont wanna weasel your beer but having just tried consecration id be down for supplication
jah003
S
After the first 2 rounds of games, here is the leaderboard...

We all suck at this...
Kyle98
AG
Well, I managed to work my way out of the basement....for now.
jh0400
AG
dixie whiskey said:

i certainly dont wanna weasel your beer but having just tried consecration id be down for supplication

It's yours.
AggieOO
Hudson2508 said:

Son of a.....Austin always loses on the Juicy Bits. I think that there are only like four of us so the timing would have to be perfect.
and it doesn't help that one of us (me) doesn't like IPAs.
dixie whiskey
AG
jh0400 said:

dixie whiskey said:

It's yours.

muchos gracias, amigo. i suppose ill scroll back though the thread and figure it out, but if anyone wants to sum up what i need to do to make it happen, i wont hate you. and if theres anyone else also badly wanting to try supplication, im not opposed to sharing the bottle so someone else can pop their cherry as well
dixie whiskey
AG
also, ive apparently psychologically given in to warm weather beers taking over. at least theyre cheaper. went to get some beer yesterday and found myself checking out with av briney melon gose, mikkeller halo whatever raspberry berliner, victory kirsch gose, on top of previous weekend buys of b52 watermelon berliner and av blood orange gose. btw is their gin and tonic gose any good? never had it but tempted

edit- wtf sad face
Chipotlemonger
AG
The only thing gin reminds me of on the beer thread is when someone drops the Contemplating Waterloo bomb.
dixie whiskey
AG
steve00 said:

Once each of you gets your Supp, PM me for Venmo info. They were $15 per bottle, plus a couple bucks for shipping.

This one always delivers on barrel aged goodness.

so while im blowing up this page of the thread, i might as well make sure my reading comprehension working.. so pay Steve $15 and shipping (20-25?) via venmo and pick up supplication from bsd?

forgive me, never used venmo, and i registered a paypal account years ago and havent used it since. can i just grab a prepaid visa card and load it to venmo? generally try to stick to prepaid cards online, not so much because im worried about my actual bank info being compromised (it does factor in though), but making it overly convenient to blow my money online is definitely something i try to avoid.
BSD
AG
Quote:

so pay Steve $15 and shipping (20-25?) via venmo and pick up supplication from bsd?

correct in paying Steve and picking up from me. if you don't want want to set up an account, you can give me the $15 cash and I'll include it in a box heading out his way next week.
dixie whiskey
AG
BSD said:

Quote:

so pay Steve $15 and shipping (20-25?) via venmo and pick up supplication from bsd?

correct in paying Steve and picking up from me. if you don't want want to set up an account, you can give me the $15 cash and I'll include it in a box heading out his way next week.

that works for me, thank you. im sure id somehow **** it up anyway. ill email you later in the week i reckon
Kyle98
AG
Kyle98 said:

Headed to DC next week, any beers I should be on the lookout for? Any breweries worth visiting near Metro stops? Staying in Alexandria and not renting a car.
So no one has beer advice for DC?
62strat
AG
Man I popped open a 2014 Stickee Monkee Saturday, paired with a warm brownie and ice cream. It was amazing.

Bmac04
AG
Churchkey
dave99ag
AG
2nd Churchkey
MathNewman06
AG
I've never tried it, but I've heard good things about Hardywood from Richmond VA. (can anyone else confirm that?) So that may be something to look for at the stores and bars.
Represent830
AG
MathNewman06 said:

I've never tried it, but I've heard good things about Hardywood from Richmond VA. (can anyone else confirm that?) So that may be something to look for at the stores and bars.
I have a Trickery and Foolery in the fridge. Need to drink those.
Kyle98
AG
Cool, thanks guys. Were staying not far from Port City Brewing. I've heard good things about it, too.
La Fours
AG
Collective Brewing is now on shelves in BCS.
La Fours
AG
Not bad. Probably could have used a little more time in the bottle.

reesei10
La Fours said:

Not bad. Probably could have used a little more time in the bottle.

Does it need to be more funky or less hoppy?
p-wonk01
DallasAggie2012
AG
Good to know about the bottles. I've only had it on tap at the brewery before and have always thought it was pretty spot on with the balance of funk and hoppiness, but I know the bottles can be vastly different as they recondition.
La Fours
AG
To me it tasted like it needed more time to mellow. Not sure what the term to use is, but there was a bite to the brett. It had not developed the funk flavor fully. The nose was really good and the hop level was good. And at the price it's a great value. I think it was $7.49.
AggieStout
AG
Austin folks

Looks like Banger's Sausage house will be expanding and will have 101 taps and a beer cellar.

Good news because this is the first place I tried BCBS (was from a bottle) but they normally have a great selection if you find yourself in that neck of the woods.

https://communityimpact.com/local-news/austin/central-austin/news/2017/03/20/rainey-streets-bangers-sausage-house-beer-garden-expanding-year-101-taps/
Scriffer
AG
Found out last night that we're having a girl, and Rep came through with Beer Mail today, including documentation of #BeerThreadBabyWave2017. Gotta keep the momentum going from last year

Thanks Rep!
Scriffer
AG
And Layla was as surprised as I was

AgEng06
AG
Yep

txag2008
AG
These make for some fine grilling beers.
La Fours
AG
Congrats Scriffer!! Little girls are awesome.
Represent830
AG
Congrats buddy. Enjoy the beer.
Represent830
First Page Last Page
Page 1171 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.