Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,673,287 Views | 62639 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by Quincey P. Morris
AggieOO
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Scriffer said:

AggieOO said:

speaking of training, we need to tie off on getting your lazy ass off the couch. Now that I'm completely done with Saddle Blazer for a year, I have some time to think.

I do need to get that NG shipped to you before it gets too hot though.

I'm just focusing on Time On Feet at this point. Kept everything under 140 bpm last week. Just staying patient at this point.
let me know when you are ready to jump into it, and we'll start. you probably have a good idea of what to do over the summer, but i'll step in whenever you are ready.

and to make this beer related, don't drink too much beer over the summer and get fat. fat=slow.

hit your goal and i'll bring you back a crowler of Scotch Ale from The Great Dane. You can chug it after a long run.
Represent830
AG
Gotta break up the enduro love

My BIL kills the brisket game. Thanks to scriffer for the BBTs. Delicious.
option short side
AG
NColoradoAG said:

option short side said:

I have only been in the craft beer game for about six months but here are a list of my favorites so far

Victory Prima Pills
Alamo German Pale Ale
Real Ale Hans pills
La Trappe Blond
Brooklyn Pilsner (only buy it at Central Market in San Antonio)
Sam Adams Boston Lager
Sam Adams Winter Lager
Shiner 101 - I don't think they have made this in quite some time
Seven Spanish Angels

I have tried alot of IPAs I just haven't found one I would order again. Based on my list I would love to get any more suggestions for a craft rookie

I would focus in on more German and Belgian styles since it seems you don't care for much hop bitterness. You could run the gammut on the offerings from Weihenstephaner (sold in the singles section). You could also start into the trappist and abbey ales. Chimay, Roquefort, Orval, St. Bernardus, Westmalle, etc.
option short side
AG
Scriffer said:

Where are you located? Best way to get into it is to look at your local breweries.
San Antonio area. I have been to busted sandle and freetail.
maca1028
Any of you Austin guys try Heisenberg yet?
MathNewman06
AG
maca1028 said:

I'm still uncertain about them.
Scriffer
AG
MathNewman06 said:

maca1028 said:

I'm still uncertain about them.
jah003
S
maca1028 said:

Ess good. Would be great by the pool. It's a lighter more banana-y version of Live Oak Hefe...
maca1028
I hope some of those ABW seasonals are still around in late April
jwag
AG

Much like Supplication, tasty but not an every weeker at $14.
Post removed:
by user
jah003
S
maca1028 said:

I hope some of those ABW seasonals are still around in late April
Bloodwork is year round now. Check out the new taproom if you get a chance. One of my absolute favorite places to grab a beer.
dixie whiskey
AG
shared a june '15 bottle of consecration with a friend earlier (thanks again bsd). that was one hell of a beer, both of us were thoroughly impressed. very glad to have tried it, but now i want to try the others that much more.
AggieOO
maca1028 said:

had it at the brewery a bunch of times. i dig it. def a summer beer.
Represent830
AG
Headed to NOLA this weekend. Besides the staples (Stein's, Avenue, NOLA), anything else worth checking out?
dave99ag
AG
No Big Bend?

Isn't Parish pretty big in Louisiana?
jh0400
AG
Avenue Pub is a must. They have a great cellar of Belgian styles. They should also have Parish Envie on tap. Urban South makes some good stuff. Courtyard Brewing is also a cool spot to visit. They have some good offerings of their own as well as some strong guest taps.

http://www.courtyardbrewing.com/#taplist
Represent830
AG
dave99ag said:

No Big Bend?

Everyone bailed on me. Pretty pissed.
Two Down
AG
If you're going to be on Bourbon and don't want Hurricanes / cheap beer, Beerfest had a decent selection last time I was there.
62strat
AG
Man I got a tip of a good bomber sale on Facebook. Went to this relatively low traffic and unknown place, coincidentally right by my house. Just about every bomber they had was 50% off. Man if this was 3 years ago I would have cleared the place out.

Got a 6 pack of dogfish head festina peche for $8, then a 750 of:
GI Lolita for $10
Blanche de chambley for $4 ea
Odell sour apricot for $7,
Odell sour pineapple for $7,
Duchesse for $6

Will definitely be back for more. Wish I could just go blow $300 there. (Well I could, wife doesn't handle money, but she'd notice the increase in inventory I think!)

PHe's doing it until they are gone. So many barrel aged and sour 750s under $10. Probably had 150 different labels, 8-10 of most of them.

He had 4 cases of that eclipse 50/50, isn't that sought after?
dave99ag
AG
Represent830 said:

dave99ag said:

No Big Bend?

Bummer.

We're headed down to our land south of Alpine this weekend. We now have a "road"! Need to open a good beer celebrating our first night down there.
Scriffer
AG
dave99ag said:

Represent830 said:

dave99ag said:

No Big Bend?

Bummer.

We're headed down to our land south of Alpine this weekend. We now have a "road"! Need to open a good beer celebrating our first night down there.

You actually pulled the trigger???

*packs bags*
dave99ag
AG
#YESSIR! Should close next month.

Right now they've only improved the road and cleared a pad site. Probably another month or two before a carport goes in. It'll be a good while before we have any kind of roof over our heads, but camping will suffice. Wife already has snakeboots!
La Fours
AG
dave99ag said:

Right now they've only improved the road and cleared a pad site. Probably another month or two before a carport goes in. It'll be a good while before we have any kind of roof over our heads, but camping will suffice. Wife already has snakeboots!

Have tent, will travel.

Congrats.
dave99ag
AG
We're pretty damned excited and it gives us a chance to swing by Big Bend Brewing on the way in.

Definitely space for a beer camp trip!

AggieOO
dave99ag said:

When you need someone to stop in and check on your property, let me know.
AggieOO
How many acres?
dave99ag
AG
Waiting on the final survey, but it'll be ~110 acres.

Y'all are more than welcome to stay out there anytime. Think it'll be 1.5 hrs max to the basin. We're going to do Santa Elena Saturday morning.
AggieOO
dave99ag said:

Y'all are more than welcome to stay out there anytime. Think it'll be 1.5 hrs max to the basin. We're going to do Santa Elena Saturday morning.

Happy to help do some work to trade for staying. Will give us insight for when we buy out there.
BSD
AG
dave99ag said:

We're pretty damned excited and it gives us a chance to swing by Big Bend Brewing on the way in.

Definitely space for a beer camp trip!

So jealous.
La Fours
AG
AggieOO said:

dave99ag said:

Happy to help do some work to trade for staying. Will give us insight for when we buy out there.

Same here.
dave99ag
AG
Like I posted in the OB, my long term plan is to have an off-grid cabin out there. Since it won't be a full-time place, I think that's easily feasible. The carport will have a 2500g rain catchment system. Really the challenge will be the cabin construction.

Can't think of anything better than sitting under millions of stars with my wife and kid sipping on a good beer!
AggieOO
Your plans sound very similar to ours. We are thinking closer to terlingua though. Still several years away at this point though.
La Fours
AG
So NCol, 62Strat, Jock or anyone else, I'm taking the family to Monarch to go skiing next week. I have already looked up the local liquor stores. What are some Colorado beers to check out while I'm there? Stuff that we don't get in Texas. IPA's are my favorite. But I like most any style.
La Fours
AG
Any 4 legged critters worth pursuing in that area?
First Page Last Page
Page 1160 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.