Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,679,175 Views | 62663 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Objective Aggie
DallasAggie2012
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Damnnn that's some lofty praise! Sounds pretty phenomenal. Keeping my fingers crossed for that bottle share then.

On another note, had some Beer'd Hobbit Juice tonight and that's a pretty outstanding DIPA.
maca1028

So good!
jah003
S
dave99ag said:

Cheers to a new decade. Enjoying a birthday Westy I picked up in Prague last year.

Cheers man! Starting a new decade in about a month or so as well...

This beer... Always delicious...

lne2011
AG
gordo97 said:

I bought a growler of Brash Smoglifter yesterday thinking that me and my buddy would take care of it this weekend.... plans fell through and now we are not sure when we can get together to drink it.... it hasn't been opened yet since it got filled, so how long do I have before the beer goes bad or flat or whatever if I do not open it at all????
You should be good for at least a week as long as it remains unopened.
reesei10
lne2011 said:

gordo97 said:

I bought a growler of Brash Smoglifter yesterday thinking that me and my buddy would take care of it this weekend.... plans fell through and now we are not sure when we can get together to drink it.... it hasn't been opened yet since it got filled, so how long do I have before the beer goes bad or flat or whatever if I do not open it at all????
You should be good for at least a week as long as it remains unopened.

Depending on how they filled the growler, then it should last as long as a bottled beer until opened. Best if they purge the bottle with CO2 and then fill to limit your oxidation risk. Also if the growler was cold then it helps with keeping more CO2 in solution as they fill it. My biggest problem is that I forget to check how tight the cap is after they fill it. If the cap is loose then the beer is flat when I go to drink it.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Finally made it past the haters in customs.

Chipotlemonger
AG
Great picture.
BSD
AG
Head Ninja In Charge said:

Finally made it past the haters in customs.

Fancy packaging. I typically use stolen hotel towels.
Post removed:
by user
maca1028
Thanks B!

I don't know how I'll distribute these but I have a few glasses I want to get rid of if someone wants them let me know
jh0400
AG
I wish I had a couple more of these.

AggieStout
AG
Kbs and firestone glass look nice. What you want for them
AggieStout
AG
Speaking of glasses. One of my friends thinks he is funny and got me this glass.

Scriffer
AG
I got news for you. Your friend is funny.
Jason_Ag98
AG
jh0400
AG
Do yourself a favor and have a Perdition. It's one of the best beers they make. I wish they'd bottle it.
maca1028
Nothing, just trying to free up some space. Are you in Houston?
Jock 07
AG
Dat sanctification dough
Scriffer
AG
Chipotlemonger
AG
Wow, that looks great!
AggieStout
AG
maca1028 said:

Nothing, just trying to free up some space. Are you in Houston?
No, I am in Austin.
dixie whiskey
AG
maca1028 said:

Thanks B!

I don't know how I'll distribute these but I have a few glasses I want to get rid of if someone wants them let me know

what side of town are you on? the lost abbey (?) or any of the snifter types nobody else wants would be a nice addition but nothing worth going out of the way for. a friend recently broke two of my better glasses in one ****ed up motion
DallasAggie2012
AG
If I could find a time to connect with you, I'd definitely be interested in the Hill Farmstead and Prairie Dino glasses. I'm in Dallas though which makes it a little more difficult.
maca1028
I'm in Baytown but make it into Houston pretty often.
La Fours
AG
If it doesn't work out with Dallas on the HF and Prairie glasses, I would like them as well. I had a HF glass just like that one but my mother in law broke it.
dixie whiskey
AG
damn im near cypress. if anything brings you to the west/nw side let me know, but dont make it a priority. i already work weird hours that dont seem to line up with anyones schedule so it's no big deal if it doesnt work out. thanks either way though
Represent830
AG
I'd be interested in that Teku since mine has magically disappeared. But I'm also in San Antonio.
dixie whiskey
AG
opened up the 13 white chocolate courtesy of bsd. its sour for sure, and i realize this sounds odd, but its actually not bad. doesn't remind me of any infected beer ive had. i read that some bottles were gushers and ended up being full on undrinkable, but some without carb issues just developed a sour apple flavor. seems like this falls into the latter category. i can still pick up plenty of bourbon and some of the white chocoalte flavor on the back end. im sure the beer as intended is much better, but this kinda works
jah003
S

/it's happening gif
steve00
AG
Picked up a couple bottles of Societe sours. Too bad they were out of their imperial stout. Could only get it on tap.

Scriffer
AG
They're bottling now?

I missed that.
BSD
AG
steve00 said:

Picked up a couple bottles of Societe sours. Too bad they were out of their imperial stout. Could only get it on tap.

jh0400
AG
jh0400 said:

I've got three 2016 BBTs that I bought to send to a guy who was supposed to send me some Parish in return. He's decided that Parish beers are now #whalezbro, so I'm open to distributing them here if anyone is interested.

But seriously I've got these if anyone is interested. I'm not looking for anything special in return.
Inspector Spacetime
AG

Nothing earth-shattering but my friend Audrey is the new Houston Bell's rep, and she made me a little mixed pack once she got some samples down. Also had some Hopslam but not pictured here.
First Page Last Page
Page 1155 of 1791

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.