Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,567,514 Views | 62481 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by 62strat
Represent830
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Small fish
Hudson2508
AG
Love that beer and have to get that glass. Can't wait for their brewery to open.
Chipotlemonger
AG
That glass is awesome.
MathNewman06
AG
For the Hughie's fans in Houston, they're going to open a second location on North Main - bigger, with a separate bar space next door. This one I can stumble home from after some lemon grass chicken and one yellow rose too many.

http://houston.culturemap.com/news/restaurants-bars/02-14-17-neighborhood-restaurant-hughies-tavern-second-location-heights/
BSD
AG
Thanks to JH0400, I was able to sip to the good life at the Cub Scout Campout this weekend.

turfman80
AG
Almost a month old.....
jah003
S
Sitting around watching basketball got me thinking... March Madness selection is just 3 weeks away. Since A&M will be at home might as well make your March Madness watching more interesting. The 2nd annual Texags March Madness contest is coming... Prepare accordingly. Also... Don't be Hickory.
Hudson2508
AG
A little lambic and Arrival (movie) on demand.

Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Arrival is dope.
AggieStout
AG
Rep,
I am in Austin. I went out today and didn't see any. waiting on response to a tweet to lakeline heb asking if there were going to get any more in.
jah003
S
AggieStout said:

Rep,
I am in Austin. I went out today and didn't see any. waiting on response to a tweet to lakeline heb asking if there were going to get any more in.
I'll send Gianluca a text for you. He probably has no idea though. Seemed surprised by the 2nd shipment. Dude is way into wine and dabbles in beer...
cc10106
This ain't half bad, even on a full belly of Pinkerton's 'cue.

La Fours
AG
Pinkerton's is legit!!
AggieStout
AG
Thanks
La Fours
AG
Hey Steve, a friend of mine is going to San Diego to visit family this coming weekend. He asked about bottle shop recommendations. I'm not sure what area his family lives in or how far he's willing to travel. But if you have a few suggestions, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Apparently, they will be on the north side near Poway.
Chipotlemonger
AG

We are "Eskimo Beer Brothers" it seems.

Edit: to add... I love this beer. Killer work. Rich, smooth, boozy, velvety goodness.
Represent830
AG
Stout let me know if jah cant work something out for you. I go up to Austin quite a bit.
BSD
AG
Small beer sale coming later today. **** you heart disease.

Edit: there is no change in my condition. I'm still good. Just upset that my beer keeps stacking up because I can't drink it.
jah003
S
BSD said:

Edit: there is no change in my condition. I'm still good. Just upset that my beer keeps stacking up because I can't drink it.

If you have any of my '13 or '14 BCBS still lying around can I buy them back from you...?
La Fours
AG
BSD said:

DallasAggie2012
AG
Definitely the most important part of that post. I was worried what the edit was going to read after the first part of the post.
BSD
AG
BSD said:

BSD said:

gigemJTH12 said:

I hate myself for reading that description knowing damn well I cant have this beer.

I want this so bad.

https://instagr.am/p/BOSUy6DgboB

My offer on this still stands

Attn: gigemjth12!!! Going once...

(This is different than bottle share. This one can be all yours for the right price...the price I paid actually)

Going twice!!!

Anyone have his email???
BSD
AG
jah003 said:

BSD said:

If you have any of my '13 or '14 BCBS still lying around can I buy them back from you...?

I do. And it's going to cost you...

(I kid. I'm not selling any bcbs, but you're welcome to drink one if you're ever in town. I keep them for guests after a good long aging period. That's my plan anyways).
jh0400
AG
BSD said:

steve00
AG
La Fours said:

Hey Steve, a friend of mine is going to San Diego to visit family this coming weekend. He asked about bottle shop recommendations. I'm not sure what area his family lives in or how far he's willing to travel. But if you have a few suggestions, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Apparently, they will be on the north side near Poway.

Near downtown is BottleCraft (I prefer the one by Toronado for obvious reasons) and Bine & Vine.

Up in Carlsbad, Texas Wine & Spirits and the bottle shop at Pizza Port have good selections. Also the Whole Foods in Encinitas always has good stuff. Ask the cheese guy if they got any Pliny that week. If so, He'll give you two per person.

The Lost Abbey tasting room in Cardiff isn't far from there. They sell bottles too. And the Seaside Market next to it sometimes has random Supplications on the shelf.
La Fours
AG
Excellent. Thank you sir. I will pass the information along.
steve00
AG
No problem. I forgot about Quality Liquor Store, where you can shop online and pick it up in the store. And the TX Wine guy has a second store near downtown. I think it is Plaza Wine and Spirits, but I'm not certain. Found a ton of unusual bottles there last month.
BSD
AG
A Few Beers for Sale - here we go

Details: Prices listed are approximately my cost. This is not first come first served. Preference to previous buyers who helped me in the past and then to larger orders to prevent a lot of leg work on my part. Email in my profile.

Misc
2 x Westy 12 $20 (as brought to us by Steve)
Old Stock ale 2009 $20
2011 Port brewing Older Viscosity $20
Revolution very mad cow 2012 $30
2012 Brooklyn Black Ops $30
2014 Speedway Stout Jamaica blue mountain coffee $25
BA old Rasputin XIV $25
Fifty fifty eclipse 2/2013 lavender cap (Java coffee) $25
Hopping frog DORIS (2013?) $25
Black Tuesday (2014?) $30

Jester King
Aurelian Lure (who sold me this? Want it back?)
Mont vs B ? (Someone had been eyeing this)

Rare Barrel (all $30)
'14 Shadow of Their Eyes
'15 Home, Sour Home
'15 Ensorcelled
'15 Another World
'15 Forces Unseen
2016 Ambassador Quite Something
2016 Ambassador Map of the Moon
2016 Ambassador Afterlight

Alesmith
Speedway Stout Jamaica blue mountain coffee $20

Bruery
2013 White Chocolate - if you like it, pay me what you think it's worth. (NoCol confirms that this was infected. It is free to a good home for experiments or as gifts to people you hate once you run out of Voodoo Donut Maple ******* ale)
2013 Wanderer $25

Rrbc $20 each
2 x Consecration 11/22/13
Consecration 9/14/12

Crooked Stave $20 each
2013 Origins batch 2
4 x 2014 Cellar Reserve L' Brett d' Plout
3 x 2014 Cellar Reserve Surette Reserva
2014 Cellar Reserve L' brett d' cherry
2014 Cellar Reserve Raspberry origins
2014 Cellar Reserve Blackberry Dark Origins
2014 Cellar Reserve Nightcap
2014 Cellar Reserve petite sour blueberry

MathNewman06
AG
I would take one consecration, map of the moon, and the aurelian (if you don't end up getting it back to the original person) off your hands.
I'm in Houston and am pretty flexible for meeting up, location-wise, if that helps.

Edit: will send email soon. Might add a westy in there, since I was more of a lurker when that went down.
aggiemike02
AG
email sent.
Jock 07
AG
If nobody in Texas is interested in the Black Tuesday I'd take that. Looking to be back down there in April
Two Down
AG
Likewise BSD check yo email
gigemJTH12
AG
enjoy

https://texags.com/forums/12/topics/2836335/next
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I'd be interested in the Aurelian Lure if it's not already spoken for.
BSD
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

enjoy

https://texags.com/forums/12/topics/2836335/next

Do you want the Rare Barrel Home Sour Home or what??? It's going in the sale if you don't.
First Page Last Page
Page 1151 of 1786

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.