Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,685,407 Views | 62667 Replies | Last: 11 hrs ago by Jock 07
AgEng06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sweet Lord
steve00
AG
I feel like anytime I need a dolly to move the beer to the kitchen is a good day.

dave99ag
AG
BSD
AG
My dick just exploded.
ChipFTAC01
AG
When we were at Russian River last summer we were sitting at a table by the back door. A guy walks out with three cases of Pliny but as he goes to load them into his car he dropped one and the beer came pouring out.

Sad day for that guy.
Scriffer
AG
I shouldn't feel this way at work...
Inspector Spacetime
txag2008
AG
Not judging you by any means....but what do you do with $800 worth of IPAs? Drink them as fast as possible while still fresh? or are you trading?
Represent830
AG
txag2008 said:

Not judging you by any means....but what do you do with $800 worth of IPAs? Drink them as fast as possible while still fresh? or are you trading?
I don't know Steve personally, but I've made a trade with him before. Sent him a boat load of Yellow Rose and he sent me back a bunch of California shelfies. All I know is about 2 weeks later he said he was done.

Apparently he's a fish whose water is substituted with IPAs.
AgEng06
AG
txag2008 said:

This same question was asked last time Steve did this... and as far as I know, he had no issues taking care of them.
steve00
AG
My gf and I both love IPAs, so it is pretty easy to go through all of them in about two months. Having this many makes it easy to crack a few after work without worrying about it being a special occasion. I know everyone likes to say they are drain pours after 30 days, but I think they are still plenty good enough to drink.
AggieStout
AG
Those wood floors doh
NColoradoAG
I withheld commentary so LaFours wouldn't call me a hater, and more importantly, because Steve is really good people. Pliny on brother.
txag2008
AG
Gotcha. Enjoy

I guess it's a blessing and a curse that you're "close" to be able to make a drive like that
docaggie
AG
See, one of the benefits of not liking IPAs is that I don't have to walk around work pretending that I have a banana in my pants that's causing my pants to look like that.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
DallasAggie2012
AG
My pops lost a Pliny in the back of his fridge that I found about 3 months after he had brought it back from Cali. Needless to say, I thought it was still holding on strong at that point. The hops weren't quite as prolific, but it was still an awesome beer that I enjoyed every sip of. I admire the rate at which you can knock those things out though man!
La Fours
AG
NColoradoAG said:

I withheld commentary so LaFours wouldn't call me a hater, and more importantly, because Steve is really good people. Pliny on brother.

LYMI
La Fours
AG
Good for Steve, man. He has the time, the income, and most importantly, he loves the hops so why the f not make the occasional trip to fetch some good beer.

Keep doing you Steve. I'm just going to live vicariously through your posts, man.
zephyrtexan
AG
I can actually back that, I had a Pliny that was forgotten for about three months in the back of my beer stash and it was still good.

Obviously, it isn't as good as day of Pliny, but it's still worth kicking back. Speaking of, if anyone has some month old Pliny they find themselves not able to drink, feel free to send it my way and I'll kick it back.

Also, a random question to any and all on this thread: if you went and did your ring dunk right now and money was no option, would you do it in a nicer beer or would you stick with some crap beer?
ChipFTAC01
AG
I had one last Pliny last summer that was almost 11 months old. It got buried in the beer closet. Still very tasty.
La Fours
AG
I'd still do cheap beer. I can't really chug beer any way so I wouldn't want to waste "good beer" on a ring dunk.
dave99ag
AG
My wife will be dunking her Aggie ring (Class of 2018, whoop!) this Fall and she's going with cheap beer. Something like Ultra flattened out. No since in chugging quality ABV beer except for tailgate shares.
Inspector Spacetime
AG
If I were doing it over again in the fall, I'd flatten out and cool down some Karbachtoberfest, no question. I figured out it was the easiest chugging beer ever by losing a fantasy football draft night bet and having to shotgun one last year. FWIW.
Represent830
AG
I would do mine in a Black Tuesday if I had the option. NBD.
La Fours
AG
Inspector Spacetime said:

If I were doing it over again in the fall, I'd flatten out and cool down some Karbachtoberfest, no question. I figured out it was the easiest chugging beer ever by losing a fantasy football draft night bet and having to shotgun one last year. FWIW.
That's actually not a bad idea. It is a pretty easy drinking lager.
dummble
AG
Our outside sales guy was going one state over and I asked him to bring me back some Parish.

I was just expecting Envie. But the guy scored with Opus, Ghost, Reve, Bloom and Envie.

What is the appropriate mule reward? Do you JK guys take your grandmas to lunch at least?
dave99ag
AG
So when ya coming to CS next?
dummble
AG
Not for a while. But Feb 26th is Daytona day and April 14th is crawfish. Two good reasons to come to Houston.
army01
AG
I got my ring in Nov 2015 and dunked it in a 32 oz. chugger of Peticolas Come and Take It.

BSD
AG
BSD said:

gigemJTH12 said:

I hate myself for reading that description knowing damn well I cant have this beer.

I want this so bad.

https://instagr.am/p/BOSUy6DgboB

My offer on this still stands

Attn: gigemjth12!!! Going once...

(This is different than bottle share. This one can be all yours for the right price...the price I paid actually)
Jock 07
AG
Working through my RRBC stash. This one is 3 years old

La Fours
AG
Because Wednesday.

62strat
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

I had one last Pliny last summer that was almost 11 months old. It got buried in the beer closet. Still very tasty.
i posted it on here I think, I had a lone Pliny in my fridge for well over a year if I remember. It was still pretty damn good.

Super freshness is overrated.
Jock 07
AG
Colorado folk. Headed to the breck/vail/beaver creek area this weekend. Anywhere I can find some Casey hanging out on shelves at decent prices?
dave99ag
AG
Going through my Jai Alai stash and nerding out on the Ubiquiti UniFi setup in our house I setup over the weekend.
First Page Last Page
Page 1148 of 1791

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.