Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,677,774 Views | 62651 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Jock 07
MathNewman06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
First time trying this one. Tons of bitter coffee and lots of sweet bourbon/vanilla at the same time.
NColoradoAG
Jock 07 said:

Colorado folk. Headed to the breck/vail/beaver creek area this weekend. Anywhere I can find some Casey hanging out on shelves at decent prices?

Basecamp in Frisco should have some. They did a collab together recently too
DallasAggie2012
AG
Dang man! Thats some serious stones right there. That's a delicious but heavy beer.
texas.aggie.2010
I'm headed to nashville and Kentucky next week. What beer bars, breweries, and bottle shops should I visit? What should I look to buy?

I'm hoping to make it to country boy brewery in Lexington, KY
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
http://www.avclub.com/article/walmart-being-sued-inventing-fake-craft-brewery-250375

Walmart is apparently being sued for their "Craft Beer" not being craft beer-y enough. I doubt they have a leg to stand on in the lawsuit, but it's still funny.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Saw that you have a good amount planned for distilleries.

My favorite beer bar in Nashville is Craft Brewed. They can do crowlers for you too. New Tennessee law was passed that starting 1/2/17 places with previous limits of selling 6.3% ABV beer onsite for consumption can now sell up to 10.2% ABV onsite. They have a separate side at this place with liquor and wine, and a few higher gravity taps as they can still sell that in growler/crowler form. Also, the breweries in state can now produce higher gravity beer. They were capped before unfortunately.

Midtown Corkdorks is cool too. More like your Specs/Twin Liquors.

I've found good bourbon and beer at both.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

New Tennessee law was passed that starting 1/2/17 places with previous limits of selling 6.3% ABV beer onsite for consumption can now sell up to 10.2% ABV onsite.
What is with those seemingly arbitrary numbers?
Chipotlemonger
AG
"Come January, Spears and other Tennessee brewers will be able to make higher alcohol content beers without a specialty license under a law that raises the alcohol by weight (ABW) limit to 8 percent from 5 percent. That translates to a new alcohol by volume (ABV) limit of about 10.1 percent from the current cap of about 6.2 percent."

I was wrong with my 10.2. 6.3 is highest that you used to see from TN brewers. There's more info in this article.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/2016/12/14/stronger-beer-coming-tennessee-stores-breweries/95066236/
Represent830
AG
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

Chipotlemonger said:

New Tennessee law was passed that starting 1/2/17 places with previous limits of selling 6.3% ABV beer onsite for consumption can now sell up to 10.2% ABV onsite.
Exactly what I was thinking. Who said "Well 10.2% is ok but don't you dare sell a 10.3% beer!"?
62strat
AG
Represent830 said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

Chipotlemonger said:

Exactly what I was thinking. Who said "Well 10.2% is ok but don't you dare sell a 10.3% beer!"?
The law is probably written in ABW, not ABV (as they usually are)... or their reasoning behind the numbers are in ABW, and they just convrrted which came up with seemingly random numbers.

that would be 5% abw and maybe 8% abw. (that one is a bit off.. actually 8.16%abv)

OK totally didn't see chipolte's post up there.
62strat
AG
Jock 07 said:

Colorado folk. Headed to the breck/vail/beaver creek area this weekend. Anywhere I can find some Casey hanging out on shelves at decent prices?
Not sure where you're headed from, but MR B's and Mile Hi (in Belmar) usually have casey on the shelf.
army01
AG
DallasAggie2012 said:

Dang man! Thats some serious stones right there. That's a delicious but heavy beer.
I had originally said I was going to find a bottle of 2001 (my original class year) Utopias and sip on the bottle all night, but I might have p'd out on that one. This one did the job and got me drunk. I didn't let it get flat enough or warm enough though.
DallasAggie2012
AG
Gah I can only imagine dude. That would definitely sit me down, in the words of Peticolas.
wessimo
AG
txag2008 said:

Not judging you by any means....but what do you do with $800 worth of IPAs? Drink them as fast as possible while still fresh? or are you trading?

I know, right? He could have had 1 and a half bottles of Kentucky breakfast for the same money!
turfman80
AG
fantastic!

steve00
AG
Love that sucaba

Really liking this Yazoo Deux Rouges Ale. It stands up well against the better sour ales that I've had. Thanks Chipotle.

Chipotlemonger
AG
Awesome. They make great sours at Yazoo but I haven't had that one yet.
docaggie
AG
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/atlanta-brewery-loses-super-bowl-bet-makes-deflating-soul-crushing-pats-beer/

Sweetwater making good on losing a Super Bowl bet.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
BSD
AG
Now that's funny!

streetfighter2012
AG
They should put a note on the can to let everyone know that the first 3/4 will taste great, but the last 1/4 will be a little flat.
lne2011
AG
Saint Arnold has some new beers coming out:

The BB17 is The Divine Reserve 16, Adambier aged in bourbon barrels
Chipotlemonger
AG

Cool article on NE IPAs with input from the guy at Weldwerks.
texas.aggie.2010
Thanks for info Chipotle!
Chipotlemonger
AG
Just saw that Lakewood is reviving Goatman, their Imperial dark lager. I never got to try it before, but seem to remember either a friend or someone on here really liking it.
Scriffer
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

Just saw that Lakewood is reviving Goatman, their Imperial dark lager. I never got to try it before, but seem to remember either a friend or someone on here really liking it.
Not sure if it's me you're thinking of, but I loved it. I'll send some your way if you're in the market.

Now if they'd just bring back La Dame du Lac....
62strat
AG
streetfighter2012 said:

They should put a note on the can to let everyone know that the first 3/4 will taste great, but the last 1/4 will be a little flat.
It's a patriot beer, not a falcon beer. The first 3/4 of can is not so strong, but the last 1/4 can will knock you on your ass.

DallasAggie2012
AG
Seriously! La Dame Du Lac was one of my all time favorites from them, especially the red wine barrel aged version they put out a couple times for special events. I'm happy to see Goatman back this year though as I really enjoy that beer. I can't wait to see what the fifth Temptress variant is along with trying the barrel aged versions of the Temptress variants they're doing this year.
Bmac04
AG
Some psuedo just in time for the weekend.

Bmac04
AG
And same as last time....Bmac make a wish foundation is back

1st person that is in Dallas that has never has PseudoSue and wants to meet at my office in uptown next week it's yours.
Scriffer
AG
Bmac04 said:

And same as last time....Bmac make a wish foundation is back

1st person that is in Dallas that has never has PseudoSue and wants to meet at my office in uptown next week it's yours.
Scriffer
AG
Just kidding. I'll defer to anyone else who wants to play.
dave99ag
AG
Pseudo is so good!
AggieStout
AG
Anyone had the Lagunitas West-ified Imperial coffee stout.

I saw it come out at a few spots and didnt think anything of it until they started to fly off the shelves. I will have to track some down
Robert C. Christian
AG
Can make a trip next we for pseudo sue!
La Fours
AG
It's really damn good.
First Page Last Page
Page 1149 of 1791

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.