Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,641,063 Views | 62609 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by SoTxAg
dixie whiskey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
picked up a stone tangerine express, odell dark theory, and deep ellum barrel crusher. also some various weihenstephaner singles but they are far from new to me or anyone else most likely so we'll skip those

i bought tangerine express partly because it was 4.99 and partly because i trust stone on most hoppy beers. otherwise i likely pass as im pretty sick of the citrus addition ipa craze given the awful execution of the vast majority of them. ive grown a greater appreciation for beers accomplishing those citrus flavors with just hops, however, so theres an upside to the whole thing. this one was pretty solid, however. the tangerine definitely was a compliment to the hop profile and doesnt dominate the beer. and, like the bottle description claims, i didnt taste the pineapple and never would have known it was there. because of the price, im sure ill buy more in the future when im looking for something inexpensive, especially when the weather heats up (which appears wont be long).

anyone have thoughts on the other 2? I'm curious whether the Odell would be better now or after a little bit of time. I'm pretty sure I'm going to drink the barrel crusher soon just to experience it with the hops at their strongest, though i imagine it would age nicely.
big-ag
AG
Barrel Crusher was very sweet to me. Probably the combination Double IPA (lots of malt to balance the hops) + sweetness from the barrel aging.

It was good, but I didn't find it hoppy
BSD
AG
To keep the JH/Bmac party going...Who in Houston has never had a Supplication and is a semi-active poster? I will give one to the first person to respond.
dummble
AG
checks untapped.... crap
streetfighter2012
AG
I talked with my wife about hosting and she's concerned about a bunch of internet guys getting drunk and clogging our only bathroom. Would you be interested in doing the share out at Memorial Park? I can pick up some BBQ from corkscrew.
62strat
AG
docaggie said:

Jock 07 said:

Cans are better than bottles in all facets. Hoping glass bottles eventually go away all together one day.
Except when they explode in the box while getting shipped to you.
I seem to have a significant amount of bad luck with beer that involves explosions.
Are you over-nighting them by plane? How does a can just explode?
La Fours
AG
Get Pinkerton's BBQ. Might be out of the way from Memorial Park, but damn it is good.
dave99ag
AG
streetfighter2012 said:

I talked with my wife about hosting and she's concerned about a bunch of internet guys getting drunk and clogging our only bathroom.
Honey, I said "crowler," not "growler."
BSD
AG
streetfighter2012 said:

I talked with my wife about hosting and she's concerned about a bunch of internet guys getting drunk and clogging our only bathroom. Would you be interested in doing the share out at Memorial Park? I can pick up some BBQ from corkscrew.
works for me. I'm crazy busy every day for the next few weeks, except for Feb 20th, which is President's day I believe.
Post removed:
by user
BSD
AG
Usually, everyone brings a bottle or two to share. Crazy, I know.

In this case, I am providing all of the beer. The common etiquette in a situation like this is to bring the beer provider a hooker or two.
Post removed:
by user
BSD
AG
ha, I knew you knew what it was but your post left it open to interpretation so I tried to swing a working girl out of it. You can still provide that if you like.

So here's the deal. I don't drink a lot of beer and I have about 10 different Rare Barrel Ambassador bottles that I'd like to try but cant do it by myself so I'll need yall's help. President's Day should work for me.
army01
AG
BSD said:

ha, I knew you knew what it was but your post left it open to interpretation so I tried to swing a working girl out of it. You can still provide that if you like.

So here's the deal. I don't drink a lot of beer and I have about 10 different Rare Barrel Ambassador bottles that I'd like to try but cant do it by myself so I'll need yall's help. President's Day should work for me.

Glad you followed up the post with the "working girl" line. Someone might have brought a jigalo out for you. Not that there is anything wrong with that.
streetfighter2012
AG
I'll be stuck in the office on the 20th. If your schedule is busy in February does March work better? I'm free the 2nd and 4th weekends.
jh0400
AG
BSD said:

Thanks for accommodating those of us who don't work banker's hours.
Represent830
AG
I threw out April 8th weekend as a possible get-together since NCol will be in College Station for the Auburn series. I'm free that weekend too... should we try for then too?
docaggie
AG
62strat said:

docaggie said:

Jock 07 said:

Cans are better than bottles in all facets. Hoping glass bottles eventually go away all together one day.
Except when they explode in the box while getting shipped to you.
I seem to have a significant amount of bad luck with beer that involves explosions.
Are you over-nighting them by plane? How does a can just explode?
They came by FedEx ground. I had to go pick them up in Waco became the only two that were cans instead of bottles ruptured and soaked the cardboard. Thankfully they didn't give me any grief about it.
It was the middle of summer. They were both the same particular beer (I don't remember which one, to be honest - something from Oregon). I'd already received several cans of Hell or High Watermelon cans that summer from the same shipper and they all came through fine.

Like I said, may I just have bad luck.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
NColoradoAG
Represent830 said:

I threw out April 8th weekend as a possible get-together since NCol will be in College Station for the Auburn series. I'm free that weekend too... should we try for then too?
I will definitely be down that weekend. It'll be busy, but I bet we could work something in on Saturday. Maybe in the AM before the Spring Game?
BSD
AG
While I'd love to hang out with NoCol, that will have to be a separate share than Rare Barrel. I am booked solid that weekend.

As far as Rare Barrel share, we can move it from P-day since all you of a-holes have jobs. March 4th seems open to me as of right now.
NColoradoAG
BSD said:

While I'd love to hang out with NoCol, that will have to be a separate share than Rare Barrel. I am booked solid that weekend.

As far as Rare Barrel share, we can move it from P-day since all you of a-holes have jobs. March 4th seems open to me as of right now.
I don't get out of bed early for Rare Barrel turds so it's all good.
BSD
AG
NColoradoAG said:

BSD said:

I don't get out of bed early for Rare Barrel turds so it's all good.
Damn you're a bitter little girl lately.
lne2011
AG
BSD said:

To keep the JH/Bmac party going...Who in Houston has never had a Supplication and is a semi-active poster? I will give one to the first person to respond.
I'll claim it if no one else has.
Jock 07
AG
Being a government worker I'm available Presidents' Day and will either be in vail or beaver creek, if you care to make a quick trip up to Colorado.
maca1028
Houston Bottle share!? Where do I sign up?
turfman80
AG
http://jesterkingbrewery.com/introducing-2016-jester-king-biere-de-lenoir

I'm surprised no one has posted this yet. This one interests me...Black Spanish grapes are one of the more adaptable varieties in Texas, especially areas east of I-35. Yes, I took an orchard management class 35 years ago....
Inspector Spacetime
AG
I'd love to actually have some faces to go with these usernames, so count me in for a bottle share in Houston, especially if it's on a Sunday.
jah003
S
turfman80 said:

http://jesterkingbrewery.com/introducing-2016-jester-king-biere-de-lenoir

I'm surprised no one has posted this yet. This one interests me...Black Spanish grapes are one of the more adaptable varieties in Texas, especially areas east of I-35. Yes, I took an orchard management class 35 years ago....
Was gonna try to venture out there at 3K bottles, but now that it's just over 1K...
turfman80
AG
Jock 07
AG
Scriffer
AG
Just got my annual Raspberry Temptress Cake in the oven. Now enjoying the leftovers.

#properglassware

BSD
AG
lne2011 said:

BSD said:

I'll claim it if no one else has.

You barely fit the semi-active poster so it's yours. You've never had it, right? What's your email?
dave99ag
AG
My kiddo got a good evaluation during therapy today. Enjoying a Jai Alai and took some great photos of him.
Post removed:
by user
Chipotlemonger
AG

So good
First Page Last Page
Page 1144 of 1789

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.