Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,639,887 Views | 62606 Replies | Last: 13 hrs ago by La Fours
Jock 07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Take it to the Pinterest board
Scriffer
AG
txag2008 said:

Definitely don't have to use the 'Kreg' brand of screws, doesn't have to be square tip either.

Best kind imo are the ones with the flat/washer head but without the washer. It's also good if it's not threaded the whole length so that they can 'suck' in. Kreg screws meet the above description, just saying they aren't the only option.

Yep, it's just a matter of having a bit with a long enough shank to do the job. I haven't looked for a standard replacement, so I just stick with the original.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
62strat said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

That is the one I have. I recommend buying their clamp though, it makes the work much faster.
I have a clamp like that.. is theirs something special or no?

Their clamp slides in that circle slot at the top.
Chipotlemonger
AG

All that talk of Lakewood gave me a hankering to open this bottle up tonight!
AggieStout
AG
Oh a 2015. Well done sir.
62strat
AG
jh0400 said:

62strat said:

Man cascade beers must be becoming shelf turds in my area. My local store has all cascades on sale $7-$10 off. I picked up a kriek for $17, the only one at $10 off.
I think $17 is about where it should be.

They probably have 50-60 bottles of 7/8 different kinds. Maybe I'll see them in the bargain basket soon

Any Key Lime?
I don't recall seeing a key lime.
dixie whiskey
AG
AggieOO said:

La Fours said:

dixie whiskey said:

so i forgot about a French Quarter temptress that's been in the back of the garage refrigerator for probably close to 2 years now. Now I know what happens when you keep a milk stout too long and just for good measure there's a mole temptress from around the same time there also. ill probably give it to a friend next time someone needs a beer and blame them when half the bottle gushes out. hopefully the guilt leads them to making a real effort on drinking it despite the rancid di ck flavor. i guess i hope they dont die also
Is that a thing? Do milk stouts don't age well?
never had a problem with mine sitting. Now, in this instance the coffee would mellow, but that's a good thing for someone like me who hates coffee

**** im not sure i just assumed thats why it tasted like a wet ***** i generally will tough out any beer i open if i dont like it, but this was unpleasant. damn near every oz i poured, id have to wait for the entire glass to fill with head and go vack down
Hudson2508
AG
My 2015 oxidized and was ruined after cellaring for about a year so be careful.
MW13
AG
Great beer and American Aquarium! Talmbout!!
62strat
AG
Scriffer said:

txag2008 said:

It's just a difference of clamping your wood inside the jig vs clamping the jig onto the wood. Drilling a lot of holes will be much easier and quicker with the one Scriffer posted.

There's really not anything thing the less expensive one can't do, it just may take a bit longer. In fact, the cheaper clamp on product might work better if you're looking to use it tight spaces or on existing projects for whatever reason.

Yep, I actually have both. The little one is great for tight spaces.
Awesome, picked up an R3 for $25. (bought a $15 off coupon on ebay for $0.99)

Thanks to all those who chimed in.
AggieStout
AG
Anyone want to trade. I have these two perennials that I likely won't drink.
Meriwether: Belgian saison
Savant blanc: Belgian blonde ale aged in Chardonnay barrels

prefer something darker.

Hudson2508
AG
I'd work something out for you on the Savant Blanc.
AggieStout
AG
Hudson where you at again, Austin?
Bmac04
AG
Beer mail

Bmac04
AG
Anyone in Dallas that has never had a heady before? 1st person to let me know you can meet at my office in uptown during the day tomorrow it's yours.
Jock 07
AG
Hoping I didn't spend too much for this as I've never had it before
Scriffer
AG
In
La Fours
AG

How much was it? BA Darkness is pretty damn good so I think you are safe.
Scriffer
AG
I saw that pic and was just thinking of what I could possibly offer in trade for it. Bmac = good people.
Bmac04
AG
Shoot me an email and we can work out the details
Jock 07
AG
26ish with tax
Hudson2508
AG
Yep, in Austin. PM me or email at username @ Gmail.com
BSD
AG
Can you get more???
Jock 07
AG
Probably not but there's a couple more spots I can try and hit up. Working crazy hours this week and next so I can't promise anything but I'll give it a shot. I lucked into this one as it was the last one at the hyvee near me.
BSD
AG
If you come across one, that would be cool. Please don't go out of your way, though.
Robert C. Christian
AG
Umm... so if that other random poster (who no one on this thread has ever heard of before) doesn't work out. I can meet you at the office.
Scriffer
AG
Man...miss the first 269 pages of a thread, and it's like you're a nobody.
army01
AG
Getting ready to ship my first box. Going to just drop it off at fedex. Do y'all attempt to cover up the sloshing, or just roll with it?
maca1028
I've just rolled with it at times with no problem, if I remember to I might throw a few penny's in there or some dry rice.
jah003
S
army01 said:

Getting ready to ship my first box. Going to just drop it off at fedex. Do y'all attempt to cover up the sloshing, or just roll with it?
They really don't care... When I ship to my regular friends/traders I'll try and throw some coffee in a Tupperware container cause it makes me feel better.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Speaking of beer shipments, I just packed a box with Jai Alai and Hopslam to send to my brother as a surprise gift. He's big onto IPAs and is in Austin.

Cans are so easy to pack compared to bombers.
Jock 07
AG
Cans are better than bottles in all facets. Hoping glass bottles eventually go away all together one day.
BSD
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

I hate myself for reading that description knowing damn well I cant have this beer.

I want this so bad.

https://instagr.am/p/BOSUy6DgboB

My offer on this still stands.

As does a bottle share.
docaggie
AG
Jock 07 said:

Cans are better than bottles in all facets. Hoping glass bottles eventually go away all together one day.
Except when they explode in the box while getting shipped to you.
I seem to have a significant amount of bad luck with beer that involves explosions.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
army01
AG
appreciate it...I threw in some bowls of mac & cheese. seems to mask the slosh pretty well.

I have a mixture of bottles and cans going. Hopefully, no issues. But if so, there are 4 towels lining the box and a garbage bag sealed around all of that.
First Page Last Page
Page 1143 of 1789

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.