Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,678,455 Views | 62654 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by swampstander
Scriffer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
dave99ag said:

My kiddo got a good evaluation during therapy today. Enjoying a Jai Alai and took some great photos of him.

We've been following along on FB. Glad things ate are going well! I need to see the little dude again soon.
lne2011
AG
BSD said:

lne2011 said:

BSD said:

To keep the JH/Bmac party going...Who in Houston has never had a Supplication and is a semi-active poster? I will give one to the first person to respond.
I'll claim it if no one else has.

You barely fit the semi-active poster so it's yours. You've never had it, right? What's your email?

Awesome, thank you! I double checked Untappd and I have not had it.

My email is wolff78119 @ yahoo dot com

dave99ag
AG
Scriffer said:

We've been following along on FB. Glad things ate are going well! I need to see the little dude again soon.
Still a lot of work ahead, but he's responded to the therapy really well these last 3 months.

Oh, and he's probably already taller than your wife. Dude's a tree!
BSD
AG
Got it. Email sent.
AggieStout
AG
Pretty good.

This one is nice and smooth.

dixie whiskey
AG
is supplication worth the price gouge you see on some resale sites? thinking about getting some of the Russian river sours that way assuming the prices arent too insane. all ive had is damnation and pliny from RR and was impressed with both. id rather just spend a few bucks than give up hard to acquire beers for them. i guess im just curious as to where the price cutoff is dividing buy and don't buy for those of you who have experience with them.
BSD
AG
I've got a consecration with your name on it if you want...no gouging.
DallasAggie2012
AG
That Raspberry Temptress cake sounds awesome! May have to see if you'll share a recipe for that with me. I can imagine Raspberry Temptress goes pretty great in a cake.
Scriffer
AG
Yeah, it's pretty amazing. Here's the recipe they posted on their site a few years back. I do a basic cream cheese icing on it and then drop a few raspberries on top. It'll make you very popular.

Quote:

Impress your Valentine with this Temptress Chocolate Cake recipe from our friend Amorae:
Ingredients:
1 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups sugar
cup cocoa
1 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1 cup milk
cup canola oil
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup of Lakewood Temptress

Steps:
1. Mix all dry ingredients in large mixing bowl.
2. Add remaining ingredients except beer. Beat at medium speed until combined.
3. Use rubber spatula to stir in beer (batter will be thin).
4. Split batter between two 9" cake pans.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for about 20-30 minutes; depending on your oven. (Until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean).
6. Cool for 10-15 minutes in pans on wire rack. Then remove from layer pans & cool completely.
7. Generously apply your favorite icing and enjoy!

Tip:
To make it simple to remove the cake from the pans, butter the bottom of the pans and press a piece of parchment paper cut to fit down on top of the butter. I also butter the sides of the pan and dust them with flour.
MathNewman06
AG
Scriffer said:

Yeah, it's pretty amazing. Here's the recipe they posted on their site a few years back. I do a basic cream cheese icing on it and then drop a few raspberries on top. It'll make you very popular.

Quote:

Impress your Valentine with this Temptress Chocolate Cake recipe from our friend Amorae:
Ingredients:
1 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups sugar
cup cocoa
1 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1 cup milk
cup canola oil
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup of Lakewood Temptress

Steps:
1. Mix all dry ingredients in large mixing bowl.
2. Add remaining ingredients except beer. Beat at medium speed until combined.
3. Use rubber spatula to stir in beer (batter will be thin).
4. Split batter between two 9" cake pans.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for about 20-30 minutes; depending on your oven. (Until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean).
6. Cool for 10-15 minutes in pans on wire rack. Then remove from layer pans & cool completely.
7. Generously apply your favorite icing and enjoy!

Tip:
To make it simple to remove the cake from the pans, butter the bottom of the pans and press a piece of parchment paper cut to fit down on top of the butter. I also butter the sides of the pan and dust them with flour.

Or you could drink it.
Scriffer
AG
I did that too.
Represent830
AG
turfman80 said:

http://jesterkingbrewery.com/introducing-2016-jester-king-biere-de-lenoir

I'm surprised no one has posted this yet. This one interests me...Black Spanish grapes are one of the more adaptable varieties in Texas, especially areas east of I-35. Yes, I took an orchard management class 35 years ago....
I'm headed out that way later this evening.
AgEng06
AG
You have a sickness, bro.
62strat
AG
dixie whiskey said:

is supplication worth the price gouge you see on some resale sites? thinking about getting some of the Russian river sours that way assuming the prices arent too insane. all ive had is damnation and pliny from RR and was impressed with both. id rather just spend a few bucks than give up hard to acquire beers for them. i guess im just curious as to where the price cutoff is dividing buy and don't buy for those of you who have experience with them.
What's the price? retails is about $13-$15. I have a hard time paying that as it is (it's only 375ml), but if it's $20+.. damn that's a lot for a beer. that's putting it in $40+ for 750ml
dave99ag
AG
Rep has a fever. And the only prescription for that fever is more JK.

DallasAggie2012
AG
Thanks man! Sounds incredible. Gonna have to make that very soon.
DaveHimself
AG
Bmac04 said:

Anyone in Dallas that has never had a heady before? 1st person to let me know you can meet at my office in uptown during the day tomorrow it's yours.
Let me know if that offer still stands when you move to Mansfield.
Represent830
AG
Hey now, it's been at LEAST 2 months since I've gone.
Represent830
AG
Also, it's all I got when trying to slay #whalez countrywide.
AggieStout
AG
Represent830 said:

Also, it's all I got when trying to slay #whalez countrywide.
I feel ya. Its good ammo even though its an hour drive for me and I live in Round Rock.
Represent830
AG
Yep. I just got into trading a while back and I just like getting stuff from all over that I can't get here and that's how I do it. Especially right now when I'm having a huge stout craving and now have the chance to try some really good ones from other states.
TAM85
BSD, I have not tried RR consecration and will buy it from you if he does not want it. I am in the Memorial area. Just let me know thanks.
Scriffer
AG
Speaking of.... Your BBTs are going out early next week
dixie whiskey
AG
BSD said:

ill throw in that prostitute you were looking to get. is the backpages guy still locked up? id hate to trade a craigslist ho for a beer like that.

for real though thanks. i found a consecration for trade but the price was too steep for me. still regret it
txag2008
AG
Interesting 'canning' process. Surprised this is being introduced with crowlers being reinstated. I guess this does provide a 'resealable' method with the twist top cap.

I wonder how TABC views this

Chipotlemonger
AG

My first Jai Alai. Cheers to the weekend
jah003
S

Represent830
AG
dixie whiskey said:

BSD said:

ill throw in that prostitute you were looking to get. is the backpages guy still locked up? id hate to trade a craigslist ho for a beer like that.

for real though thanks. i found a consecration for trade but the price was too steep for me. still regret it

You're gonna have to throw in a +. I've seen this get done.

Someone kill me now.
maca1028
turfman80
AG
maca1028 said:

I really enjoyed my bottle of this last week. A really great beer.
maca1028
Agreed, I'm glad it's hitting the shelves finally.
reesei10
Does B-52 make it to Austin?
maca1028
Not sure, I think they just started distributing bottles in the Houston area.
MW13
AG
I was coming here to ask if anybody had the bourbonator stuff ... Appears I'll need to get my brother in law in Katy to snag some for me.
Post removed:
by user
First Page Last Page
Page 1145 of 1791

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.