Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,673,150 Views | 62639 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by Quincey P. Morris
La Fours
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Best damn way I can think of to start the morning.

How's everyone else's morning going?
dave99ag
AG
Safe travels to the frozen tundra called Iowa!
jah003
S
My feelings about this thread today...

With a touch of this...

Represent830
AG
Post lots of pictures yall!
MW13
AG
Half our contingent headed north this morning at 6 and are currently in Oklahoma. The other half flies out to Chicago early tomorrow and then we will all meet up there tomorrow night.

We created a twitter account to chronicle the journey if you guys want to follow along its @txbeercollectv

All total it looks like we will be covering 7 states and hitting 16 or 17 breweries.

If anybody happens to be in the same areas and wants to meet up at anytime hit us up on twitter. We're all pretty normal guys and we won't make trench coat out of your skin.

BSD
AG
La Fours said:

Best damn way I can think of to start the morning.

How's everyone else's morning going?

Yeah boiiiiiiii!!!!!!
Represent830
AG
Followed
AggieStout
AG
If i wasn't lolpoor I would i of made the trip just to drink TG in the surrounding bars. going to be an exciting day tomorrow but also jealous.
AggieStout
AG
Forgot who was looking for Black Butte 28 but the site that ships to Texas has some in stock. Beer ship is the name. They also have the new Abyss variants aged in Brandy and Scotch barrels.
AggieOO
AggieStout said:

Forgot who was looking for Black Butte 28 but the site that ships to Texas has some in stock. Beer ship is the name. They also have the new Abyss variants aged in Brandy and Scotch barrels.

I was one of the people. Thank you!
IronRed13
AG
AggieStout said:

How has everyone's luck been on that site? Definitely would like to secure a few bottles of the Abyss variants...
jetch17
AG
Have fun you TG dildos!
AggieStout
AG
IronRed13 said:

AggieStout said:

How has everyone's luck been on that site? Definitely would like to secure a few bottles of the Abyss variants...

I have used it once and it was good. I would use it again. The site itself kinda sucks for usability and updates but ordering and delivering are good.
maca1028
What site is that.
Scriffer
AG
IronRed13 said:

AggieStout said:

I just put in an order for BBXVIII and a couple others. We'll see how it goes.
dixie whiskey
AG
any sightings of high westified on the nw side near cypress? i heard willowbrook total wine should be getting some, so if nothing else ill check that out, but being only able to get out there during rush hour if I can avoid that cluster f of an area I will.

also was thinking about trying to trade for a bottle of ocbcs. just not sure what kind of beer value it holds. most of what I'm willing to part with would be stuff texans will/did have access to so it would likely need to be through beer advocate or something to find a trader in another state. obviously its up to them, but are any of these likely to get it done? if not, which aren't enough vs which would I be giving up too much (likely none of these are too much save maybe hephestus?)

karbach bbh/vanilla/choc/cherry or 5th anniversary
clown shoes hephaestus/fistful of unidragon/the good, the bad, and the unidragon with that houston corfee in it
bishops barrel 15/11/12 (maybe 2 or 1 with something else)
jester king shelf beers like fantome/bier de miel/snorkel/etc
15 abyss

I might have some others I think of but im mainly just trying to get a feel for what it's gonna take

BSD
AG
It was a long day of travel but we finally made it to North Pole. I wanted to hit a few bars but we ended up only having time for Surly. I signed us up for a tour so we stopped at the bar to get drinks before we walked around the facility. I got a 3 oz taster of Darkness.

We then toured the brewery. at this location they only make Furious and Hell. All other beers are made at the original brewery. This place is pretty big and they are doubling the capacity in an expansion that should finish up in March. Here are the few pics I took.

We named this guy Deter from Sprockets

The weirdest bong I've ever seen

Canning/keg stand room

I got frostbite taking this one. (-4 degrees right now)

Tastes of beer I had
Darkness-great as always
DAF IPA (dank as ****) - very nice!
Nitro Cacao/Coffee stout - a little thin
West Coast IPA - solid beer
Pentagram - much better than the last time I had it (I was sick when I drank it last time so maybe that was why, but this time it was pretty good)

My overall lasting impression of Surly: the music was much more chill than I thought it would be.
Jason_Ag98
AG
AggieStout
AG
maca1028 said:

What site is that.

Beer ship
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Just landed.

**** this.

Jock 07
AG
I've been skiing in that **** the past three days. It's damn cold
jah003
S
For those of you in the Midwest (or anywhere for that matter). Download WTforecast... It's entertaining when it's balls cold out.
#imaweathernerd
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
62strat
AG
Once you get to single digits, you can't really tell the difference from there on down temp scale.

Funny to see you Texans in those minus temps!
BSD
AG
This is how my balls felt after sitting on the cold leather seats in the car after we left Surly.

cc10106
Drinking a Founders Old Curmudgeon i found in the back of the fridge. Not sure how old it is but not bad! Very malty and a little sweet for my liking, but it's better than I remember.
NColoradoAG
You ****ing ******* best quit *****ing about the weather and enjoy the weekend.
AggieStout
AG
Today is the day I don't get assassin.

Stay warm guys.
BSD
AG
NColoradoAG said:

You ****ing ******* best quit *****ing about the weather and enjoy the weekend.

You shut your mouth, Yeti.
Bmac04
AG
To make myself feel better about missing the TG release I just booked tickets to fly down for Tampa Bay Beer Week. Anyone going to be down there?
NColoradoAG
Bmac04 said:

To make myself feel better about missing the TG release I just booked tickets to fly down for Tampa Bay Beer Week. Anyone going to be down there?
I'll be there with WeldWerks Thursday-Sunday.

Looking for a couple tickets to the Cycle day on Friday if you have any leads.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Got the goods!

MathNewman06
BSD
AG
I just spurted.
Bmac04
AG
NColoradoAG said:

Bmac04 said:

I'll be there with WeldWerks Thursday-Sunday.

Looking for a couple tickets to the Cycle day on Friday if you have any leads.

If I woulda have known this a week ago I could have got you in no problem. I will be there if you happen to find a ticket through.
First Page Last Page
Page 1125 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.