Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,639,344 Views | 62606 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by La Fours
AgEng06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
62strat
AG
BSD said:

AggieStout said:

So from what I read the TG release is ALL cash for everything? That right? Shirts, glasses and other beer they will have, ALL cash?
correct. ALL CASH. At least during the pickup. I'm not sure what the deal is after they open the doors at 4:30pm.

By the way, this trip is costing me a fortune. I had no idea coats, gloves, thermal underwear, etc cost so much!!! I should have just bought Bmac's at current market price.
hah, what the hell, you live on the equator or something? You don't possess these things already?
La Fours
AG
BSD said:

AggieStout said:

So from what I read the TG release is ALL cash for everything? That right? Shirts, glasses and other beer they will have, ALL cash?
correct. ALL CASH. At least during the pickup. I'm not sure what the deal is after they open the doors at 4:30pm.

By the way, this trip is costing me a fortune. I had no idea coats, gloves, thermal underwear, etc cost so much!!! I should have just bought Bmac's at current market price.
BTW, thermal pants, I'm a size medium waist, large crotch though. shirt size is medium tall, large gut. Merino wool please. I've got the rest covered.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
La Fours said:

BSD said:

AggieStout said:

BTW, thermal pants, I'm a size medium waist, large crotch though. shirt size is medium tall, large gut. Merino wool please. I've got the rest covered.
Right.
aggiemike02
AG
Thanks bud. Appreciate it but all good now.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Yes, I meant Hill Farmstead.

What was I thinking... Hillstead?
MathNewman06
AG
Hillshire Farm.
Inspector Spacetime
AG

Pretty fun day on the Karbach R&D committee. We've been talking about making a draft only NE-style IPA and are working on summer sours. Amazingly, the 10/18/16 dated Maine Brewing Co. "Another One" was our favorite without question. And the FUN015 Jack Daniels barrel aged Three Legged Lab was even better than I was hoping for.

I didn't realize before but apparently a lot of these NE hoppy ales aren't using hops until the whirlpool stage of the brewing process. It seems crazy but definitely works
turfman80
AG
Drinking craft beer on the job....

dave99ag
AG
[Cycling nerd]
Pretty cool to see a race number from Lawson Craddock on the desk. It's been fun to follow him up the pro ranks over the years.
[/Cycling nerd]
turfman80
AG
LaFours Friday afternoon.....

Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
FYI for those other Toppling Goliath bros...
According to the TG facebook, only those who can pick up the beer are allowed in line to pick up the beer. My wife was pretty bummed about that.
Also sounds like Courtyard and Cellar in Decorah is the beat bar in Decorah and will have several TG brews on draft. My pick up time is 10-11:45am, so we'll be hanging out there.
jah003
S
If one of you lucky *******s doesn't bring at least an Assassian to a share you're all dead to me...
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Welp, scratch that, Courtyard and Cellar doesn't open until 4. Looks like we'll be at T Bocks.
BSD
AG
Can we wait with spouses outside...up until entry into the taproom when they buy beer? Mine won't let me leave her there freezing outside while I sit in the car with the heater on.
BSD
AG
jah003 said:

If one of you lucky *******s doesn't bring at least an Assassian to a share you're all dead to me...

I heard NoCo is getting one for a football bottle share.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
From TG- "No one without a ticket is allowed into the release. This is protocol to keep each session safe and swift."

Sounds like you can freeze your ass off in the cold.
BSD
AG
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

From TG- "No one without a ticket is allowed into the release. This is protocol to keep each session safe and swift."

Sounds like you can freeze your ass off in the cold.

But can we wait with someone who won (my wife) outside until she goes into the release or am I not allowed to stand on premises with her at all? I am ok freezing my ass off until she goes in to ease her anger for me dragging her to the North Pole in January.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
To me, it sounds like you can wait in line with her outside until it gets to the point of walking into the tap room.
BSD
AG
Then that's what I'll do. Not because she's a good wife for doing this for me...but because I want to get laid again at some point in my life.
dave99ag
AG
So what's the wife payment for a trip to TG?
BSD
AG
I have a feeling there will be multiple payments. For starters, she demanded a Ritz Carlton, but since there's not one up there, I couldn't deliver. That's going to come back and bite me I'm sure. I did find a restaurant serving black truffles so she's happy about that. Otherwise, I'll just have to wow her on our SF/Napa anniversary trip in a few months. And I'm sure there will be specific high end demands on vacations this summer. Dammit, I should have just bought on the secondary market.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Joe Earley I am bringing a friend with me to the brewery. Long drive from Ohio. Will he be able to wait in line with me?

Toppling Goliath Brewing Co. No only ticket holders!! We will not have room for others and people with out tickets will not only slow up the process but will be turned away. This location is very small as you will see.
NColoradoAG
BSD said:

jah003 said:

I heard NoCo is getting one for a football bottle share.
**** no. I'm gonna dome them myself in my basement while watching Stargate reruns.
Mort Rainey

Picked this up the other day. haven't opened yet. Thoughts from anyone who has had it?
steve00
AG
I've heard it is pretty good if you are into that sort of thing. When I tried it I determined I didn't like that style.
Mort Rainey
steve00 said:

I've heard it is pretty good if you are into that sort of thing. When I tried it I determined I didn't like that style.
Interesting. I also picked up a bottle of this. Much more interested to try this one

Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

Welp, scratch that, Courtyard and Cellar doesn't open until 4. Looks like we'll be at T Bocks.
FYI again... T-Bocks will be starting pouring Assassin at 9 am. 5 oz pours are $16. They open at 7 am.
BSD
AG
I'm already in line.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Then save me a pour.
BSD
AG
I'm actually don't think we'd get there in time from MSP. I'm going to try to hit the taproom after the pickup. I only get one beer, I want to make it count.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
We're kicking it around to get there that early. My pick up is so early (before noon), I don't think I want to go back to the tap room at 4:30.

You guys are drivin down and drive back up same day, right?
BSD
AG
Yep. Day trip. We have a late pickup so we'll see how the line for the taproom looks
Hudson2508
AG
I need to move closer to Vermont.

Thanks BMac for catching the Facebook post that was selling this and alerting me. So damn good.

Have Focal, Heady and Crusher on tap this weekend as well.
DallasAggie2012
AG
My favorite IPA. So amazing fresh. Perfect balance IMO.
First Page Last Page
Page 1124 of 1789

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.