Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,568,626 Views | 62489 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by La Fours
corndog04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
And most total breweries:
Portland, OR: 66
San Diego, CA: 65
Denver, CO: 64
Seattle, WA: 58
Chicago, IL: 44

Nobody else topped 30, but as mentioned, a few of my metro areas are jacked up (St. Louis, Nashville, Indianapolis, others).
Chipotlemonger
AG
Cheers man
Kyle98
AG
I'm sure this has been asked on here before, but I'm too lazy to go back and look....

DC area beer recommendations? We'll be there for a long weekend in late March.
dave99ag
AG
Bend and Asheville should be on everyone's beer vacation list.
jah003
S
AggieFanatic09 said:

Headed the angelfire,NM in a few weeks. Any good recos on where to buy local or drink local?

There isn't a whole lot going on in Angelfire beer wise. We were there this summer and I didn't see much of anything (given that was the summer). I'd just buy all the La Cumbre you can find and make a day trip to Santa Fe. I've got a ton or recs if you go to Santa Fe... We just got back from there.
ChoppinDs40
AG
looks like there's a brewery in town now called "Enchanted Circle Brewery."

We're purely going for the skiing on a weekend trip so a side trip to SF or even Taos is not likely.
Inspector Spacetime
AG
Heading to Maui in a week in a half with my folks. Anyone know of any breweries there other than Maui Brewing Co that are worth a visit? Also it's my first time going to Hawaii so any general recs are welcome.
jah003
S
AggieFanatic09 said:

looks like there's a brewery in town now called "Enchanted Circle Brewery."

We're purely going for the skiing on a weekend trip so a side trip to SF or even Taos is not likely.
Enchanted Circle? Sounds magical... I'd just stop and grab some beer in SF on your way up (if you go that route). Susan's has a great selection, but always seems to be out of Elevated. Trader Joes, Sprouts, etc. will have fresh ass Elevated.
ChoppinDs40
AG
it's actually got some decent reviews and about 10 different beers they make.

We take the redneck backway. 287/87 Clayton onto Springer then through Cimarron
AggieStout
AG
Lucky #007 said:

Anybody know where there is more Collage #2? Really enjoyed it and wish I had gotten more.

If your in Austin I saw some at the heb in cedar park at Parmer and 1431 the other day.
62strat
AG
corndog04 said:

Yeah, 17 total for Houston. 12 each for San Antonio and Dallas, 25 for Austin. Now that I have my script set up I'll probably look at a few other states tonight.
I'm sure boulder per capita is way up there.. probably fort collins too.. both of those towns are small and have double digit brewery counts.

Edit, I didn't see your other post.. it had boulder on it.

Inspector Spacetime
AG

Saw these getting unpacked at a Spec's account this morning. Loved the peach Berliner, can't wait to try Raspberry and Passionfruit.
And I bought the IPA because I liked the can
corndog04
AG
Ft. Collins was 2nd nationally per capital behind Boulder for cities > 100k population
DonaldFDraper
AG
Anything worth grabbing and/or any where worth going in Aspen for beers?
cc10106
some highlights from New Year's holiday drinking/sharing:

Represent830
AG
Did you like FO as much as I did?
jwag
AG

Oude Gueze was awesome, Avery spearmint tasted like toothpaste (really like most of their ba releases). Bomb was bomb. Cantillon remains with a gf's family haul of New Glarus. Agree with Inspector, hallo peach is tasty.
jh0400
AG
ISO:

Mustang1
AG
HOPS Culture in Aspen had a pretty good list when I went last year.
DonaldFDraper
AG
Thanks. We're technically staying in Snowmass but we'll venture into town.
62strat
AG
jh0400 said:

ISO:

I knew these guys would collab one day!
Chipotlemonger
AG
Should I be storing my JK Fantome Del Rey and SPON bottles on their sides? Fridge-cooled or room temp?
jh0400
AG
62strat said:

jh0400 said:

ISO:

I knew these guys would collab one day!

It's their second collaboration.

La Fours
AG
which one of you is thatguy2014 on talkbeer?
jah003
S
Chipotlemonger said:

Should I be storing my JK Fantome Del Rey and SPON bottles on their sides? Fridge-cooled or room temp?
What is your goal? Long term storage or drink in the next 6 months to a year or so?
cc10106
Represent830 said:

Did you like FO as much as I did?
Not sure, but I enjoyed it greatly. I wasn't gonna trade for it, and Batch 1 probably ruined me anyway, so it worked out. Clover was amazing, but the Scratch and Oddside beers surprised me. I'll be looking out for the last 2 breweries more in the future. Summer Breeze was my fave Libertine so far, and Coffee & Cigs is always great, although I would like a maple version.
Chipotlemonger
AG
The Fantome del Rey and one of the SPONs for February/March/April time frame.

One SPON for next fall or winter.

Now that I think about it, I may save one for like a year and a half plus.
Doug Glatt
AG
My brother is in Brazil for two weeks and I'm wanting him to bring back some beer for me. Anybody have any experience with getting beer through customs legally?
Hudson2508
AG
According to JK store Spon on its side. Ideally 50-55 deg temp is best for aging lambics.
jah003
S
Chipotlemonger said:

The Fantome del Rey and one of the SPONs for February/March/April time frame.

One SPON for next fall or winter.

Now that I think about it, I may save one for like a year and a half plus.
Upright and in the fridge would be fine. Even upright at room temp would work too. Corks can dry out, but a few months isn't enough time for them to dry out.
Hudson2508
AG
If your choice is room temp or normal fridge storage I'd think room temp is better for long term storage but it's not ideal.
Chipotlemonger
AG
And the Fantome?

Edit: actually that doesn't matter, I plan on having that in February or so. The gf likes it. Maybe a Valentine's beer.
Hudson2508
AG
I'd say same advice but who knows. Jahs advice is good too.
jah003
S
I've found that trying to age/cellar anything for under a year is essentially pointless. If I'm gonna drink it in the next 6 months or so il throw it in my "drink now fridge". Anything over that and it probably goes in the "cellar". Sometimes I think people get way too worried about the storage of their beer for the relative short term. As long as it's not rolling around in the back of your car or in direct sunlight it's all good.

Edit: What I meant to say is... If you don't have a hyperbolic chamber for your #whalezbro then why are you even buying beer?
62strat
AG
I'm guilty of 'over cellaring'. I had good intentions.. wanted to create a few verticals of different beers, and generally just have a stock pile, but my consumption has gone way down, so now there's 150+ bottles down there and I consume about 2-3 a month tops. I finally stopped adding to it; was forced really, since we have two kids in daycare.
First Page Last Page
Page 1118 of 1786

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.