Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,623,273 Views | 62597 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by Chipotlemonger
BBRex
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any BrewDog fans here? BrewDog Tokyo is one of my favorites, and 5 a.m. Saint and Punk IPA are both solid offerings, too.
AggieOO
i'm intrigued, but can't bring myself to pay $11 for one 12 oz bottle.
BBRex
AG
I caught Tokyo at Petrol Station, and it's been a rare treat since. The other two are a bit more reasonable.

Oh, I got my growler that night, too. Good times.
BSD
AG
I have a bottle of Tokyo in the fridge but haven't tried any yet. May give it a shot tonight.
BSD
AG
Well I got busy packing for another trip and never drank the Tokyo. I'll give it a shot when I get back in town.

On a brighter note, I just got the heads up that I'll be getting two of the 2009 Three Floyd's Dark Lords here in a few weeks!

gordo97
AG
Any BrewDog fans here?

Dogma is one of my favorites
62strat
AG
anybody had any of their high alcohol brews? I remember you could buy a bottle of their website, I think of the nuclear tactical penguin. after shipping and conversion, it was $150!
Gator2_01
AG
I've got some Dogfish Head Faithfull Ale chilling right now. Will report back...

AG
Anyone know where I can score some SA Pumpkinator in B/CS?
jetch17
AG
Gator, whered you come across the PJ brew?
Gator2_01
AG
Florida.

AG
It was really good. It's billed as a Belgian golden ale, but I thought it tasted more like a farmhouse ale. Really crisp flavor without a lot of the "belgian yeast" flavors that turn me off to many belgians. Also, while cold the currant flavor is really subdued. Once the beer warms up a bit the currant comes through more, but still isn't overpowering.

Solid "A"

AG
Effing TABC needs to get their act together on Faithfull
BBRex
AG
FYI Tokyo is on tap at Petrol Station today to celebrate International Stout Day, along with plenty of other stouts, of course. Happy ISD.
jetch17
AG
Petrol is rolling out lots of good stuff this weekend for the anniv. party. Lots of special kegs & casks being tapped.

quote:
Petrol Station will mark its sixth anniversary with a three-day celebration that starts Friday night at Liberty Station and wraps up with a Sunday brunch at Xuco Xicana.

For Saturday’s main event, owner Ben Fullelove is putting 26 special beers on tap.

“I’ve been hanging onto this stuff forever,” he says.

Beginning at 2 p.m. at Petrol, recently named Stone’s “most bitter bar in America,” will tap two special casks every two hours. That includes two Houston beers, Pumpkinator from Saint Arnold and a dry-hopped Rodeo Clown from Karbach.

“They’re for our customers,” Fullelove says of the beer bounty. “We try to thank them for another good year.”

DETAILS
•What: Petrol Station, the popular, 35-tap beer bar in Garden Oaks, celebrates six years in business.

•Friday: Pre-anniversary party at Liberty Station, 2101 Washington, starting at 7 p.m. Fullelove and some special guests will be on hand with such casks as Left Hand Sawtooth and a dry-hopped 471 double IPA from Breckenridge.

•Saturday: The big party starts at 2 p.m. at Petrol, 985 Wakefield.

•Sunday: Brunch from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Xuco Xicana, 2416 Brazos, will feature a cask of Great Divide Yeti imperial stout.

Celebrating off-site is a good way to recognize some of the other places that promote craft beer around town. Besides, says Fullelove, there’s probably no way his staff could pull off a brunch the morning after a party like the one planned for Saturday night.

713nervy
AG
quote:
Fullelove
BSD
AG
quote:
Petrol is rolling out lots of good stuff this weekend for the anniv. party. Lots of special kegs & casks being tapped.

Crap, I'm in Norman, OK til Sunday! Speaking of OK, buying a good cold beer here to take home sucks.
Gator2_01
AG
My bar in FL will have DFH *****es Brew on tap, 2009 DFH Worldwide Stout bottles, and a 2010 Abita Select Imperial Stout on tap. Happy International Stout Day!

[This message has been edited by Gator2_01 (edited 11/3/2011 2:57p).]
army01
AG
How is *****es Brew?
Gator2_01
AG
It's really good. A sweet drinking stout and lighter in body due to the Tej.

S
i always wanted to try *****es brew.

the one time i saw it offered in houston i was out of town
Jock 07
AG
Coworker picked up a 4 pack of Surly Wet last week when he was in Minneapolis for me. Wanted some abrasive but he couldn't find it. This stuff is almost as good. Whoever posted about the Hop Trip, I too am a huge fan of that stuff.

Jock 07
AG
Also, is there anywhere outside of California one could find a pliny?
jetch17
AG
BSD's house
Gator2_01
AG
Jock, you can get Pliny in Colorado and maybe one other state.
BSD
AG
quote:
BSD's house
BSD
AG
I actually brought a few to Oklahoma with me for the tailgate. It's been to tough to not open them the last two days while sitting in a hotel.

You can get Pliny in Portland if you catch the stores on distribution day. Horse brass has it on tap periodically too. Colorado, Washington State, and Philly also get RRBC. Their website has a list of where to get the beers but doesn't specify who gets what. I know that not every shop or bar gets Pliny so it's best to call first.
Jock 07
AG
BSD how you doin? And if it's available in CO then I think I'll put all my effort in moving there next year then.

[This message has been edited by Jock 07 (edited 11/3/2011 8:13p).]
jetch17
AG
Were headed to the Karbach brewery tour Saturday if any Tinefolk are interested in joining.
nohandle
AG

Gator2_01
AG
I'm half way through a 2009 DFH Worldwide Stout right now!
BBRex
AG
Barely sneaked in a Rogue Shakespeare Oatmeal Stout for ISD. Great stuff.
helgs
AG
quote:
2009 DFH Worldwide Stout
62strat
AG
quote:
Jock, you can get Pliny in Colorado and maybe one other state.

CA, CO, WA, OR, PA

http://www.russianriverbrewing.com/pages/accounts/index.html

well, that's any beer from them, maybe not necessarily pliny.
helgs
AG
why PA, I wonder....
First Page Last Page
Page 11 of 1789

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.