Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,567,478 Views | 62481 Replies | Last: 59 min ago by 62strat
La Fours
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
dave99ag said:

Dark closet in the guest room. I tell friends and family to not touch without asking.

It's true. I got the lecture.

Not really.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Still planning on shipping me one or are you gonna just hold onto it now?
steve00
AG
1 more for me. 2 heading your way soon.
Scriffer
AG
La Fours said:

dave99ag said:

Dark closet in the guest room. I tell friends and family to not touch without asking.

It's true. I got the lecture.

Not really.

I got the lecture too. Doesn't mean I paid any attention to it though.
dave99ag
AG
Oh hell no!
Scriffer
AG
dave99ag said:

Oh hell no!

Like you'd even notice
dave99ag
AG
True.
Hudson2508
AG
It amazes me how many of the people who trade constantly just keep bottles in their closet or cabinet. Getting an old fridge off Craigslist and putting a control on it is simple. Most of the heavy traders are spending enormous amounts of money on beer but don't commit to the small investment of protecting the beer. I've gotten a little hesitant to trade for beers older than a year from people due to this fact. Doubt it really matters but you never know how the beer was stored.
MW13
AG
Hudson2508 said:

It amazes me how many of the people who trade constantly just keep bottles in their closet or cabinet. Getting an old fridge off Craigslist and putting a control on it is simple. Most of the heavy traders are spending enormous amounts of money on beer but don't commit to the small investment of protecting the beer. I've gotten a little hesitant to trade for beers older than a year from people due to this fact. Doubt it really matters but you never know how the beer was stored.
If it was never cold how much does it matter? Genuinely asking. I am no where close to what some where you big hitters are at but I do try to put a few things back. I usually just keep them in cabinet which doesn't get opened unless I'm pulling something out of there. Does storing vertical matter versus on its side? Seems I've seen some stuff about that. I've never had a problem but if I can be doing something better I want in on that.

Come to think of it, Christmas is right around the corner a beer fridge would be pretty nice . . .
Chipotlemonger
AG
It'll depend a lot on where you live, the climate there, and how your house is laid out.
docaggie
AG
I keep mine in a storage closet in the laundry room. It's right under the A/C unit so it stays a constant 65ish in there. No light to speak of.
I'm not a heavy hitter enough to bother with a fridge for it.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
jah003
S
The problem in my house is that the temp fluctuates so much between Winter/Summer or even day to day for that matter. I'm also cheap and don't like to run my AC or heat during the day. In general... Wild temperature fluctuations are not great for storing beer long term. If you live somewhere with a basement it's an instant cellar... Texas however... Not so much.
62strat
AG
Hudson2508 said:

Many heavy hitters have way more bottles than a single fridge can hold. I have 150 now.. maybe 200 earlier this year, that's 3-4 fridges.

Granted, mine are in a basement which is 60-65 regardless of what I set thermostat at, and under the stairs, which never sees daylight (I have a light installed so I can see). But my closets in TX were mid 60s at best, more like 70 more often than not, which is too warm. I guess an interior closet, or someone who just keeps the house really cold, would be acceptable.

My storage doesn't really matter anyway, since I don't trade often (I have only once).. I typically drink the beer I buy.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
Are you guys saying I shouldn't keep my TG beers in the garage?
62strat
AG
hennyj15 said:

If you live in NoCal or PNW, that's a perfect spot.
jah003
S
hennyj15 said:

I'd keep them in the trunk of your car... Actually, front porch might be best.

Seriously, just put them in a fridge and you are fine. If you want to age them, a constant 55 or so is best. I'd never purposefully age a beer unless I had it fresh first though.
reesei10
AggieStout
AG
Brings up a good point. I intend to drink pretty much everything I have. I have a good size inventory but I am the one drinking it so my storage doesn't matter that much.

Most of the stuff I trade with is all JK releases that happen that weekend or the next few days. Of which they get placed in the fridge.
MathNewman06
AG
First stop.
jah003
S

Let the heavy neckbeard breathing commence...
Bmac04
AG
If anyone is going to JK this weekend and will have an extra set of the 3 new SPON being released I would love to work something out.
AgEng06
AG
I'm finally going to be in town on one of these releases. Hopefully I can make it out there at some point.
BSD
AG
dammit. I'm busy for like the 18th consecutive JK release.
maca1028
I'm working ALL. DAMN. WEEKEND!!
La Fours
AG
Same here. I'll be celebrating Christmas with my parents, my brother and his family.
Represent830
AG
Think I can make it. Willing to ***** myself out to the highest bidder
Represent830
AG
W-hore*

Dammit TexAgs
La Fours
AG
Represent830 said:

Think I can make it. Willing to ***** myself out to the highest bidder
AgEng06
AG
What day are you planning on going?
BSD
AG
Represent830 said:

W-hore*

Dammit TexAgs
Hey big boy. I like w-hores. And I have beer for you still.
Represent830
AG
BSD said:

Represent830 said:

W-hore*

Dammit TexAgs
Hey big boy. I like w-hores. And I have beer for you still.

Yeah, same for you. Aren't you in Houston? I will be coming that way in the next few weeks.
Represent830
AG
Friday probably. Saturday if not.
Represent830
AG
Any Houston area guys close to B52?
Jock 07
AG
Thought my vertical was going to end at 19 so happy I was able to find this today. Didn't think it was going to show up here.

Represent830
AG

Dammit. I thought there wasn't such a thing as a "good" pumpkin beer.
First Page Last Page
Page 1099 of 1786

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.