Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,674,312 Views | 62645 Replies | Last: 51 min ago by FancyKetchup14
steve00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
La Fours said:

****, KBBS is worth a Pappy 23, 20, and a 15.

You should probably double check the secondary market for PVW. Scratch that. Let's make this deal.
Represent830
AG
Pirate Noir is really good, Coffee Noir is amazing as well. Local HEB had it mispriced so I snagged a few more.
dixie whiskey
AG
Represent830 said:

Pirate Noir is really good, Coffee Noir is amazing as well. Local HEB had it mispriced so I snagged a few more.

coffee noir is amazing, ive missed that ***** picked up some at heb last night for $7.50 or so ea. was wondering if it was priced right but when I scanned it at the self checkout it definitely said prairie coffee noir. I've been regretting not buying more than the 3 I did l, might head up there today and see if there's more. doubt it though.

pirate noir is very good, but inferior to coffee and it's not close. i also prefer pirate bomb to pirate noir without question.

anyone tried this year's rahr bba winter warmer? seems like it has good years and bad, and it's sort of priced itself out of being a decent value compared to what else is out there. but if this year's is on point I might be convinced to grab one. could tell myself its money I would have otherwise spent on roll in the hay but for the whole inbev thing. also curious about this year's rahr anniversary(?) beer. liked last year's coconut ris, but i wanna say this one is a barrel aged wheatwine if memory serves
dave99ag
AG
Booked a trip to SF for my 40th in a few months. Plan on spending one night in Santa Rosa to visit Russian River. Lodging suggestions for SF and Santa Rosa? We'll have our little dude with us.
Scriffer
AG
Just sent you an email through AirBnB about a great spot in Santa Rosa.
dave99ag
AG
Bueno!

I haven't looked at locations in Santa Rosa yet. We plan on staying only one night. Fly in to SFO, drive up. enjoy Russian River and then visit SF for a few days. Wife has never been to SF. Thinking of staying in the Union Square area since it's bit more central.
BSD
AG
One night in Santa Rosa? I'd just Priceline a 4 star hotel. Odds are you'll get the Flamingo, which ain't bad. We've stayed at the Hyatt just on the other side of 101 a few times and that was nice too. Flying Goat coffee is near there and it's my favorite espresso in the US.

SF with a little one? Stay near the wharf. Union SQuare works too. Its a small city area wise so nothing is too far away.

DallasAggie2012
AG
AirBnB is definitely the way to go for Santa Rosa. They are a little more pricey in San Francisco, but I would still advise that route over most hotel options as you get more bang for your buck.

Anyone able to get multiples of Coffee Noir in DFW? Seemed like most places got a case at max and it was all sold out in about an hour or less everywhere.
dave99ag
AG
Found "Cozy Backyard Studio" a few minutes walk from RR. Price isn't bad either.

Wharf over Union? Our little one will only be 11 months, so wasn't sure if the touristy side would be needed as much.
lne2011
AG
BBH with Cherries is hitting the shelves today. Been looking forward to this one since before they sold, so if you guys are boycotting them it's cool.
Scriffer
AG
Bourbon Barrel Temptress hit shelves today in Dallas
AggieStout
AG
Waiting for BBT and Cherry BBH to get to Austin. My inventory is super full but I'll make room for those
dixie whiskey
AG
the bbh series is about all I'll consider from karbach now, but I'm apparently not near as pumped about cherry as everyone else. it's the variant Ive been least looking forward to as I don't see it as a natural fit for bbh like the others. wasn't real impressed with cherries of fire but assume they've updated what they're doing. I hope. I'll probably get a bottle for the vertical but otherwise i hope they move to coffee bbh quickly
dave99ag
AG
Couple of cases of FUN 14: Rollin' in the Hay just sitting at the CS Tower Point HEB. I'll be curious to see how a quickly a BBH FUN goes off the shelves.
lne2011
AG
dave99ag said:

Couple of cases of FUN 14: Rollin' in the Hay just sitting at the CS Tower Point HEB. I'll be curious to see how a quickly a BBH FUN goes off the shelves.
FUN 14 is still on the shelves here in Cypress at HEB. Curious too, as to how long BBH Cherries will last.
Post removed:
by user
jah003
S
reesei10 said:

Anyone know when Austin Beer Works Sputnik will hit distribution? I know it is on tap today, and there is about 600 cases going out to distribution.

Think sometime this week, but not 100% sure where I heard that... Also, looks like mugs ran out during the release party, so no extras for sale. Was gonna go up there on Wednesday and try to by some more if they had any left.
Represent830
AG
Scriffer said:

Hey buddy
Jock 07
AG
AggieStout said:

Waiting for BBT and Cherry BBH to get to Austin. My inventory is super full but I'll make room for those
Hopefully they'll wait til I get down there next week.
Scriffer
AG
Represent830 said:

Scriffer said:

Hey buddy

I'm venturing out tomorrow bc I know of a couple more places getting it. I haven't forgotten the Supplication, so I'll definitely take care of you.
AggieStout
AG
How many bottles do you guys buy for say BBH or BBT? I normally tend to get 3
Represent830
AG
Scriffer said:

Represent830 said:

Scriffer said:

Hey buddy

I'm venturing out tomorrow bc I know of a couple more places getting it. I haven't forgotten the Supplication, so I'll definitely take care of you.

I have more if you want to talk numbers.
Kyle98
AG
AggieStout said:

How many bottles do you guys buy for say BBH or BBT? I normally tend to get 3

I got 4 BBT last year. Not sure I'm going to even try real hard this year. Might hit a couple of places between work and home tomorrow afternoon.
DallasAggie2012
AG
I normally aim to get about 3 BBT. 1 to drink now and 2 to set back and age or break out for a special occasion. I normally only get 1 BBH, but that's just because I like BBT quite a bit more than BBH.
dave99ag
AG
Bruery So It's Tuesday... on a Monday. Works for me!
Scriffer
AG
Represent830 said:

Scriffer said:

Represent830 said:

Scriffer said:

Hey buddy

I have more if you want to talk numbers.

At this point, I'd be shocked if I had anything you don't have. My beer travels have been few lately. Other than throwing a bunch of Temptress variants and possibly some local growlers, my resources are slim.
Bmac04
AG
1st of 3 FL boxes came in today

AggieStout
AG
Bmac where do you store your fine quality beer. I am currently storing all my inventory on a shelf that sees outside light. Wondering if I need to move them to a closet.
BSD
AG
AggieStout said:

Bmac where do you store your fine quality beer. I am currently storing all my inventory on a shelf that sees outside light. Wondering if I need to move them to a closet.

Note to self: never trade with AggieStout.
AggieStout
AG
I got a mini fridge also! But it's full of the good stuff
jah003
S
AggieStout said:

1. Find an old fridge
2. Install Temp controller
3. ???
4. Profit?
Bmac04
AG
I have a couple fridges, a kegerator and some in a dark closet.
steve00
AG
Surprised by this.

Figured it would be junk beer in a cool bottle, but it's actually pretty good.
AggieStout
AG
Nothing see direct sunlight but there are windows in the room. Looks like moving to a closet will be happening this weekend
dave99ag
AG
Dark closet in the guest room. I tell friends and family to not touch without asking.
First Page Last Page
Page 1098 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.