Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,676,426 Views | 62649 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by steve00
La Fours
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I got it at the CS Specs. I like it. It is a tasty brew. Seems a little late in the summer to release it though. Great summer beer. The cherries are subtle. Just enough sweet. Just enough sour.
Pahdz
This is a cool article about a cooperative brewing space that is available up here in OKC for aspiring brewers that can't afford their own good equipment. There is some great beer that comes from here up in OKC

http://newsok.com/oklahoma-city-brewing-cooperative-aims-to-grow-beer-culture/article/3697637
BSD
AG
I never got a chance to drink tonight. Maybe I'll celebrate IPA day at Hay Merchant on Saturday morning with the rest of the mob.
army01
AG
The Lenny's is a solid RIPA. Big fan
spadilly
S
Karbach Hopadillo.
Green Flash West Coast IPA.
Stone IPA.
St. Arnold Divine Reserve (yeah, not an IPA but I had to try it.)
BSD
AG
Deschutes Black Butte XXIV is now at bunker hill HEB.
NColoradoAG
Picked up a XXIV yesterday. Gonna open it this weekend. Sounds like it could be good one. Im a bit worried about the fig, but hoping the chocolate plays well.
AggieOO
anyone done a "beer of the month" club before?
spadilly
S
I have. I think there are two or three posts in this thread about it when I got a new shipment in.

Mine was through a company called Amazing Clubs. I had a 6 month gift, which was 3 shipments of 12 bottles.

I was not impressed. The beer was just okay. Although they were all craft breweries, I can honestly say I wouldn't buy any of them at a store if I saw them.

Now if there was an IPA of the month club, I'd be all over that.
AggieOO
that's what i was afraid of. i kind of liked the idea of having random beers show up, but i was also worried that none of them would really be that good.

plus, its a million degrees, so they'd probably get skunky in shipment.
army01
AG
Just bought the last sixer of DR12 at King's on Berry in FW...guess I'll have one a year for a few years.
La Fours
AG
I'm hoping the CS Specs can get some XXIV soon.
whiskey in the jar
Tried Independence Humbucker(belgian pale ale) last night. It's part of there Brewluminati series and it thought it was fantastic.

But I've tried a few BPA's and I think this style f beer just goes down real easy.
Marooned_n_Aggieland
So what is the board's opinion on this one ...

This is a berliner weisse beer and I'm just not getting the enjoyment out of these. Earlier I had the Austin Beerworks berliner with similar results. They taste like watered down ciders to me. What am I missing?
Marooned_n_Aggieland
Squatters Outer Darkness tap has finally arrived in BCS and it is very good.

Believe or not, at Duddley's Draw! Wow, how times have changed. They also put on Dogfish 60 on tap.
jetch17
AG
Anyone get any of the DFH 120 keg at Hay Merchant today?
Jab
AG
Marooned, DFH Festina Peche isn't for me either. Slightly tangy/sour, maybe a decent thirst quencher on hot days. Oddly, my wife liked it a lot and she's not a beer drinker fwiw.
defroach
Aggie00 - I am always up for a beer tasting in Austin. Have you ever gone to the beer advocate one at the draughthouse every month?
FlyFish95

AggieOO
defroach - i've not done much in the way of beer events in austin, other than brewing openings/tours. Definitely interested in doing some more stuff. None of my friends in austin are really craft beer drinkers, and my gf is a lightweight. I typically have to wait until one of my "craft" friends comes in town or I go elsewhere to really get to drink with anyone who actually appreciates it.

---------------------------------------
http://www.yourbodyisyourengine.com
RRCA Certified Running Coach
AggieOO
tix to Texas Craft Brewers Festival go on sale today.

it is Oct 6th 2-8 pm (or noon with the VIP pass). We play Ole Miss that day, but no kick-off tim has been announced.
AggieOO
i'm sure one cares, but I just got a message from a friend's dad that made me smile a bit. He went to college in Belgium. When he came back and couldn't get the beers he drank there, he started an importing company to bring them to Texas. He's been in and around the beer biz for years and really knows his beer. He's also one of the lawyers for Jester King and Zax's.

quote:
Yesterday I came across your bottle in the kitchen as we were preparing for a family gathering at our house. I had noticed it from time to time but had been saving it for some special occasion. I said to myself, well, the time has come. I stuck it in the fridge and pulled it out later and shared it with my son Joe, just back from India. It was, as you may or may not recall, a brown, malty, a little sweet (which I like) and well balanced. It had aged well. In short, it was superb. In fact, it was so good I thought about calling you on the spot, but, decided not to bother you on a Sunday.

I obviously like my beer, but it's always good to hear from other people. He was talking about a quadrupel I brewed.
duck79
AG
For those of you looking for Butte XXIII in DFW it will be out starting Monday. Finally got to Texas.
jetch17
AG
Nice OO
army01
AG
Duck - XXIII or XXIV?
duck79
AG
Sorry. XXIV I misspoke.
jah003
S
Took my first visit to the Sunrise Mini-Mart in Austin today. I've heard great things, but walking in was like walking into the beer store of my dreams. I managed to escape after only spending $40, but I have a feeling I'll be back weekly.
AggieOO
Sunrise gets me almost every time for at least a couple bombers.
BSD
AG
quote:
anyone done a "beer of the month" club before?

I've done it with wine and wasn't impressed. It wasn't worth the price in my opinion so I doubt I'll try it with beer.
BSD
AG
quote:
Anyone get any of the DFH 120 keg at Hay Merchant today?

Nope. Ended up at Lankford's with my boy and then took a nap. I'll try to hit it when they break out the other keg. Maybe some of mob will decide they've already had it and stay home.
BSD
AG
OO,

That's pretty cool, but I think you need another opinion from some Houston folk (me).
AggieOO
tried to give away beer to you guys last time i was in houston, but got no replies.

right now i've got the following in bottles:

Road Rash Wheat (blood orange wheat)
Honey Nut Brown Ale
Rosemary Wheat V1.0
Dubbel Century Ale
Tripel Crank Ale
012012 Celebration (quadrupel)
Aquatic Pumpkin Ale
Christmas Ale
Cream Stout
Mocha Cream Stout
Chocolate Cream Stout
Coffee Cream Stout
and i think i've got a bottle or two of Belgian White and Dunkel in the back of the fridge.

I've got the Rosemary Wheat V2.0 in the primary right now.
jetch17
AG
quote:
tried to give away beer to you guys last time i was in houston, but got no replies

Say what!? I must have missed that, I'd love to try some of the brew sometime
BSD
AG
Yeah, same here. I don't think I've ever turned down a beer on purpose!
AggieOO
Don't get to Houston often, but the offer stands.

Just hit specs and picked up a couple bottles of dogfish positive contact. Got a 4 pack of the barrel aged ipa, and a bomber of the schmaltz terapin collaboration.
First Page Last Page
Page 109 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.