Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,677,517 Views | 62651 Replies | Last: 11 min ago by Jock 07
62strat
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
You know craft beer has penetrated all of america when this is trending on FB.

https://www.facebook.com/topic/Three-Floyds-Brewing/109450582413964?source=whfrt&position=3&trqid=6347998871084464179

http://www.citypages.com/restaurants/former-surly-brewmaster-todd-haug-leaving-minnesota-joining-three-floyds/399332831

Anybody else think that dude looks like Jerry Cantrell?
AggieOO
Trending articles are tailored to you just like ads, though people do have to be talking about them in general.
62strat
AG
AggieOO said:

Trending articles are tailored to you just like ads, though people do have to be talking about them in general.
Huh, I hardly believe that.. usually the 'trending' articles on FB have nothing to do with stuff I look at. Nothing like the ads.

Are you sure it's not just what's it's called.. trending?

On that subject, my wife had ads on her fb page that was stuff I was looking at... WTH!

62strat
AG
In case you hadn't heard, Rockwell closed it's doors over the weekend. What a great place out in the burbs. I first went there (and continued to go very regularly) when they didn't even have their alcohol license yet, so the beer was 'free', with tips encouraged. I got to be a part of a fledgling No Label and Karbach do some of their first social events which were held there. Good times.

Rumor is they are opening another location?? not sure. Tiffany always loathed that parking lot and the landlords decision to not have front patios, and was talking about moving years ago when I still lived there.
MattJaxson
AG
Yep, read about that over the weekend. Here is the info on the new place. Not sure when its opening.

Quote:

Regarding their future,Tiffany hinted at a very exciting project in the works:

"we are partnering with our friend, Eddie Jackson (winner 2015 Next Food Network Star, BBQ Blitz, Kids BBQ Championship), on a project at his upcoming Rosehill Beer Garden. We will release further details closer to launch. If you are a craft beer fan in the Northwest Houston/ Harris County area, you will not be disappointed."
AggieOO
62strat said:

AggieOO said:

Huh, I hardly believe that.. usually the 'trending' articles on FB have nothing to do with stuff I look at. Nothing like the ads.

Are you sure it's not just what's it's called.. trending?

On that subject, my wife had ads on her fb page that was stuff I was looking at... WTH!

its not just what you look at, there are other factors, but they are definitely tailored. That's why you'll see stories with only 3.7K people "talking about them." If it was truly based on stuff people were talking about, you'd only see things that millions of people were "talking" about.

from facebook.com FAQ:

How does Facebook determine what topics are trending?

shareShare Article
Trending shows you topics that have recently become popular on Facebook. Trending topics are based on factors including engagement, timelines, Pages you've liked and your location. Our team is responsible for reviewing trending topics to ensure that they reflect real world events.

62strat
AG
MattJaxson said:

Yep, read about that over the weekend. Here is the info on the new place. Not sure when its opening.

Quote:

Regarding their future,Tiffany hinted at a very exciting project in the works:

"we are partnering with our friend, Eddie Jackson (winner 2015 Next Food Network Star, BBQ Blitz, Kids BBQ Championship), on a project at his upcoming Rosehill Beer Garden. We will release further details closer to launch. If you are a craft beer fan in the Northwest Houston/ Harris County area, you will not be disappointed."

Sounds cool. Melinda just told me basically this, Eddie Jackson will have a food truck permanently parked at rosehill beer garden, and her/Tiffany will be have accommodations to have beer on tap.
Quincey P. Morris
AG

Thanks jah!
Scriffer
AG
Kyle98 said:

Scriffer said:

Kyle98 said:

Anyone tried anything from any of the El Paso breweries? I'm there once a month, but haven't gone over to the west side to check them out. Might try this weekend, since I'll actually have a car, and we're not in the field.
I'm interested in this as well. Going to be traveling there probably monthly for the foreseeable future.

Hoppy Monk over on Mesa is the best place I've found for craft beer. Decent food, too. I don't get there much, though, because it's on the other side of town from the armory, and I usually don't rent a car, so I'm depending on others to drive me. If I make it to one of the breweries tomorrow, I'll let you know.

Hoppy Monk is 5 minutes from my hotel. This place is almost as great as Alpine Pure Hoppiness

jah003
S
Lucky #007 said:

Thanks jah!

Enjoy man. Gonna let mine hang in the cellar for a bit...
Kyle98
AG
Nice! I'll be there again in a couple of weeks. Not sure if I'll make it over to the west side or not.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
The Hoppy Monk was definitely the best place I tried while in El Paso. Their food was good too.
cc10106
62strat said:

In case you hadn't heard, Rockwell closed it's doors over the weekend. What a great place out in the burbs. I first went there (and continued to go very regularly) when they didn't even have their alcohol license yet, so the beer was 'free', with tips encouraged. I got to be a part of a fledgling No Label and Karbach do some of their first social events which were held there. Good times.

Rumor is they are opening another location?? not sure. Tiffany always loathed that parking lot and the landlords decision to not have front patios, and was talking about moving years ago when I still lived there.
I heard about some other ongoing issues from staff that they were dealing with when I had lunch there on Friday, mainly having to do with plumbing. Here is an article about the closing where Tiffany didn't mince words about the landlord and new project:

http://houstonbeerguide.com/rockwell-grill-is-closing/

While I always enjoyed the food and still dropped by for a beer from time to time, they seemed to either struggle with being either a restaurant or a craft beer bar rather than being both. The new partnership sounds very promising though and an upgrade for this part of The Tine, especially if the 'cue is legit.

I'm gonna miss having Rockwell down the road, but The Shack's new location on Telge generally had a better beer selection anyway.
jh0400
AG
Have any of you Tine folk been to Hops Meet Barley yet?
MathNewman06
AG
jh0400 said:

Have any of you Tine folk been to Hops Meet Barley yet?

I grabbed a couple beers there the week after they opened. They had a pretty good selection with some variety and the food was acceptable (though I'm cheap and generally think everything is overpriced on bar food menus). Nothing too special, but a good bar.
Two Down
AG
I would echo what was said above. Decent beer bar, enjoyed myself there, interior layout (at least the front portion by the bar) somewhat limited by seating.
Represent830
AG
Go Tribe

dave99ag
AG
Pumpkinator 2013 - Go Cubs!
Jock 07
AG
Hello old friend. One of my first favorite craft beers that I discovered while living in ND. Haven't had one in 4 or 5 years.

lne2011
AG
Put a Stone Enjoy After 10.31.16 in the fridge for this weekend. Looks to be getting good reviews on Untappd from those who waited.
maca1028
Go Cubs!
Chipotlemonger
AG
Prairie Bomb.

I was thrilled to find some Prairie all the way out here in Nashville.
jh0400
AG
lne2011 said:

Put a Stone Enjoy After 10.31.16 in the fridge for this weekend. Looks to be getting good reviews on Untappd from those who waited.

I had an earlier batch of Enjoy After, and it was terrible. I ended up dumping most of it.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
jh0400 said:

lne2011 said:

I had an earlier batch of Enjoy After, and it was terrible. I ended up dumping most of it.
I had the 7.4.16 Enjoy After and loved it. Probably the same batch, but just goes to show the different taste buds on here.
NColoradoAG
I think one of you is talking about Enjoy By and the other about Enjoy After
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Thought 12/25 version was pretty meh.
jh0400
AG
Lucky #007 said:

Thought 12/25 version was pretty meh.

This is the one I had. It was awful.
steve00
AG
NColoradoAG said:

Yeah. 12/26 Enjoy After was ass. I've never had a bad Enjoy By.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
steve00 said:

NColoradoAG said:

Yeah. 12/26 Enjoy After was ass. I've never had a bad Enjoy By.

Me either. Enjoy By is right there with death and taxes.
Jock 07
AG
Damn extra innings. I should be asleep already
AggieStout
AG
No sleep on game 7.
NColoradoAG
MLB baseball is so ****ing terrible. I cant believe people watch this regularly.
Jason_Ag98
AG
Vintage Harry Caray Budweiser commercial after the game was pretty awesome!
Jock 07
AG
Saw that as well, pretty cool
dave99ag
AG
Did they have a Bob Uecher one if Cleveland won?
First Page Last Page
Page 1058 of 1791

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.