Is it always so brown in San Antonio?

3,146 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Antman92
Rusty GCS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Only been to SA 2 or 3 times. Flew in this weekend and almost the only things green were the golf courses.

Drought this year or always so brown?
Ulrich
I don't have statistics, but a lot of years we have a long stretch without significant rain and temperatures that are really too hot for grass. It's usually a lot greener between November and June.
STL_aTm
AG
BanderaAg956
Sounds like you are only driving the freeways. Hit the neighborhoods and Hill Country Roads and you will see plenty of green!
babie_kreauxda
AG
flash drought in sa... most of the state is in drought and governor has declared some counties a state of disaster.

it was raining nonstop until the first of July we've barely gotten any rain since then
Hubert J. Farnsworth
It hasn't rained in two months, everything has burned up.
F4GIB71
I am near Bulverde. I have a personal weather station that I can check history of weather on my property. Last rain was June. I run my sprinkler system one day per week, just to keep the lawn alive.
Obi Wan Ginobili
I was sure this thread was heading a different direction when I read the title.
MookieBlaylock
AG
He trolled hard

Ag86Hotard109
AG
It has been 90 days straight of high temps above 90. This was the hottest August and September EVER in SA....no BS....look it up. So yeah it's brown in SA. (avoiding the troll bait).
Humorous Username
AG
I love the state of Texas, lived here all my life, but good grief do I get tired of excessive heat (95+) when it's this close to October.
O'Doyle Rules
AG
The south side is pretty bad. Drought and rain totals down there seem to be a bit less than the popcorn showers on the north side around the Dominion /I10/hill country corridor.
rgag12
AG
I very much doubt you have been/lived in Texas very long.

Texans know the only time it's green here is between March and May
Antman92
AG
San Antonio is at the edge of a desert. We aren't supposed to be lush and green all year long.
Antman92
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.