Residential solar window film or solar screens

851 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by agnerd
Brazos Valley Ag 95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
what do you suggest to cut down on the heat? thx
FatZilla
AG
Iv used some of the reflective tint cheap stuff off Amazon that just takes soapy water to apply and it worked relatively well. I went with a blue tint but there are plenty of colors to pick from. All you see from outside it the reflective tint so the color is only for your preference on the inside. It definitely helps keep my garage cooler and deters peeping eyes.

One Way Window Film Daytime Privacy Static Cling Self Adhesive House Film Glass Window Tint Heat Control Mirror Film Blue & Silver https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075GWWXNH

bam02
AG
Thanks I'm gonna order some tomorrow when I get a chance to measure the window in my son's room. The whole house has crappy windows but his is the only one that gets a lot of sunlight. Been looking for a temporary solution until we replace windows.
Aggie1944s Kid
AG
We have solar screens on our east and west facing windows. It made a ton of difference.
Get ready bal. You're gonna in for a problem.
tgivaughn
AG
Enercon screens in Bryan, TX - lots of choices, butterfly fasteners for EZ on-off if seasonal or for 24-hr repairs

If temporary, then a roll of solar screen & staple gun
IMHO and am sticking to it
jamesf
AG
We have solar screens that help out a lot. If they are the old single pane windows, I like the solar screens over the wind film as it blocks/reduces the heat before it even reaches the glass.
agnerd
AG
I prefer solar screens because I can remove them in the winter and let the sun help heat the house.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.