Converting DuPure system to a standard filter

29,419 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Traciestacy
DeBoss
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Does anyone have a DuPure water system that they have converted the valve head so that they can buy the standard water filters that are much cheaper? Looking at doing that so that I don't have to pay $200 for the DuPure filters. It says that you just replace the 3 valve heads without having to do anything else with your system and then it works with standard size filters.

Any advice is appreciated.
IronMan92
AG
Not sure if this is what you are asking, but I changed the valves a few years back. I had a Rayne System, so they had special valves put on so you can only buy their filters through them - the threads were cut different. I stumbled on this site and bought the valves and replaced with standard threads. Now I buy DuPure filters, which is a lot cheaper than buying through Rayne. The change out was pretty easy and less than 20 minutes to do.

http://www.purewater4u.com/store/rayne60.shtml
IronMan92
AG
I meant OmniPure.
DeBoss
AG
That's exactly the same thing I just ordered from yesterday, so I'm glad to hear that it worked properly. That was my big fear.
spinnerex
Hi I am looking to convert my Dupure system to use standard filters as well. I am wondering if it is as easy as just unscrewing the old filter head and screwing the new one in? Or are there water lines that have to be disconnected etc/more complicated? I am trying to see if I will be able to figure this out myself..
Thanks for your help!
DeBoss
AG
Yeah you pretty much have to rebuild the entire thing. The standard filters are a different size at the threads and require a new thread at the top, where the hoses attach. So you have to take each one off the old system, put them in the new threads, and then attach hoses again.

Took me about an hour to do total and the new parts plus the filters were still cheaper then just new filters from Dupure. And I think the filter quality is better.
coezoo
AG
I'm in the same boat - Dupure 3 Stage. Which 3 filters did you buy from Raine to replace? It looks like there are two options for the membrane. Looks like Dupure saw us coming on this one! Thanks for the help.
aconant
Just so you know, if you go with any filter other than the Dupure reverse osmosis replacement filter you void your warranty... just sayin'
DeBoss
AG
You need a membrane in the middle and then the other 2 just need to be normal filters. Looks like they have coal or some kind of acid wash filter.

Also, just used FiltersFast.com. They had better prices and auto-refill on the filters. I had totally forgotten until this thread showed up again.
Traciestacy
Now I'm in the same boat. I have Dupure and looking to convert to Omnipure. Do I buy the same adapter in the link above?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.