*** Wyndham ***

3,319 Views | 48 Replies | Last: 26 days ago by LCE
E King Trill
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Lol Matt Kuchar - he does it again!

Kuchar is sitting behind 18th green and going to pick up due to darkness. He's now the ONLY person in the field that will come back tomorrow morning to finish out his round.

What a sociopath. Everyone else in his group finished out and he's SEVEN shots off the lead!
Duckhook
AG
E King Trill said:

Lol Matt Kuchar - he does it again!

Kuchar is sitting behind 18th green and going to pick up due to darkness. He's now the ONLY person in the field that will come back tomorrow morning to finish out his round.

What a sociopath. Everyone else in his group finished out and he's SEVEN shots off the lead!

Yeah, and that was after teeing off 18 while the group ahead was still in the fairway. He wanted to hurry up and get finished while he was on the tee.

Greyserman's back nine was hard to watch.
E King Trill
AG
Only watched the last hour but it seemed like a chaotic afternoon/evening in general. I thought Kuchar was WDing at first. That was more plausible than what he did haha
Duckhook
AG
Who's going to sign Kuchar's card tomorrow morning? Greyserman or Ramey going to have a 7:00 wake-up call?
Bunk Moreland
That's such a bad look. Tournament did everything they could to finish today and you could see Kuch slow rolling down the entire stretch.
E King Trill
AG
Duckhook said:

Who's going to sign Kuchar's card tomorrow morning? Greyserman or Ramey going to have a 7:00 wake-up call?

They should fly in Monahan to sign it
bowhuntr
What's the $$$ difference between T12 and T22? One shot difference. He is a goob though
E King Trill
AG
Looks like it's $80K (call it $140k v $60k) - by comparison, Kuchar has earned ~$60M on the course in his career.

Hope he doesn't argue this was about the money. He's had some trouble with that in the past. Remember the caddy incident in Mexico. Oof
DannyDuberstein
AG
$223k for birdie
$134k for par
$77k for birdie

Weird decision given everyone else finished, but given he's out of the Fedex, I guess he's trying to make sure that last paycheck is as big as possible
E King Trill
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

$223k for birdie
$134k for par
$77k for birdie

Weird decision given everyone else finished, but given he's out of the Fedex, I guess he's trying to make sure that last paycheck is as big as possible

This is about as kind of an interpretation as you'll find
Poot
Leave it to Kooch… incredible.

Greyserman… woof. Eagle 2, Quadruple 8, Birdie 4, 4 putt double. Guy has some serious game though.
leachfan
Just realized Kutcher did not finish. I had a bet on him to top 20 and website paid so had no idea he didn't finish.
E King Trill
AG
Lol

Bunk Moreland
E King Trill
AG
Lol - just when I thought I'd seen it all on TexAgs
bdgol07
AG
Kuchar pars the 18th in front of a BOOMING crowd of 8
Marauder Blue 6
AG
bdgol07 said:

Kuchar pars the 18th in front of a BOOMING crowd of 8
He almost holed his chip for birdie for an extra $100K.
Duckhook
AG
I don't use or access X/Twitter, but apparently the PGA Tour had some post like:

8:00 a.m. The final round of the Wyndham Championship has begun.

8:07 a.m. The final round of the Wyndham Championship has concluded.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Explained himself today.

- Says he probably would have finished if he had hit it in the fairway
- because he was so far offline in the ****, he was going to need time to figure it out. So either rush thru it and cost himself, or delay the rest of the group from finishing while working thru his options (including potentially needing a ruling)
- this morning he got a ruling for an immovable object that let him find some shortgrass to hit a wood just short of the green. Says he never would have taken that drop last night
- nearly chips on for birdie, taps in for par.
E King Trill
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Explained himself today.

- Says he probably would have finished if he had hit it in the fairway
- because he was so far offline in the ****, he was going to need time to figure it out. So either rush thru it and cost himself, or delay the rest of the group from finishing while working thru his options (including potentially needing a ruling)
- this morning he got a ruling for an immovable object that let him find some shortgrass to hit a wood just short of the green. Says he never would have taken that drop last night
- nearly chips on for birdie, taps in for par.

They shouldn't even have given him the option. What he did was ridiculous. Even Greyserman finished up and he had way more on the line.
DannyDuberstein
AG
He also mentioned he did it so Greyserman could stop. Although considerate by Greyserman to finish, I guess, kind of dumb to play in the dark with the tournament on the line (albeit less on the line after Rai's birdie) and having just 4putted.
E King Trill
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

He also mentioned he did it so Greyserman could stop. Although considerate by Greyserman to finish, I guess, kind of dumb to play in the dark with the tournament on the line (albeit less on the line after Rai's birdie) and having just 4putted.

Yeah, that's the other side of that coin. Greyserman probably could've used the hard reset overnight. He was volatile in that closing stretch.
Yesterday
AG
I may be the only one on Kuchar's side here. If there's a 140k difference between birdie and bogey you better believe i'm coming back the next day when it's daylight and you have a fresh green.
bdgol07
AG
I think that everyone understands that, he just hasn't helped his case with his past cheapness at the Mayakoba and the fact he has made +60mil
E King Trill
AG
Yesterday said:

I may be the only one on Kuchar's side here. If there's a 140k difference between birdie and bogey you better believe i'm coming back the next day when it's daylight and you have a fresh green.

That would maybe convince me but that argument takes a hit when you look at Kuch's actions vs Greyserman opting to finish on Sunday. Greyserman had way more to lose. You can argue that Greyserman was being reckless but Kuch shouldn't get the benefit of the doubt anymore, at least in my mind.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I don't have an issue with it. Given the ****ty position he was in, figuring that out while it gets darker every minute would have hurt his playing partners. So what if a few people had to come out Monday AM, most were probably gonna be there anyway
Yesterday
AG
E King Trill said:

Yesterday said:

That would maybe convince me but that argument takes a hit when you look at Kuch's actions vs Greyserman opting to finish on Sunday. Greyserman had way more to lose. You can argue that Greyserman was being reckless but Kuch shouldn't get the benefit of the doubt anymore, at least in my mind.

Kuch is an old salty veteran. It was the smart move. May have been an inconsiderate move but the right one IMO.
Ag_07
AG
If he has an option per the rules so be it.

Hate the rule not the player.
agsalaska
AG
He had a great explanation today. Said they called the first round at like 8:10. Second at 8:20 cause they were trying to get the cut figured out.

It was 8:40 when he made the decision. Don't blame him one bit.

Favorite thing was he said I'm not on social media and don't really care about anyone other than the people involved in the tournament who he very respectfully explained himself too.
E King Trill
AG
Yesterday said:

E King Trill said:

Yesterday said:

Kuch is an old salty veteran. It was the smart move. May have been an inconsiderate move but the right one IMO.

Yeah I think it all comes back to this. You don't get to his level by being worried about how people react to you trying to protect your own livelihood/career.
_lefraud_
AG
Can't decide if this is yet another successful TexAgs hookup or a near miss.
AgLA06
AG
E King Trill said:

DannyDuberstein said:

$223k for birdie
$134k for par
$77k for birdie

It's literally his job we're talking about. Not some weekend round at the muni. It's a take to armchair that from the couch while one of the older dudes out there is struggling to see in the dark and they've called previous rounds almost an hour earlier.
E King Trill
AG
AgLA06 said:

E King Trill said:

DannyDuberstein said:

$223k for birdie
$134k for par
$77k for birdie

It's literally his job we're talking about. Not some weekend round at the muni. It's a take to armchair that from the couch while one of the older dudes out there is struggling to see in the dark and they've called previous rounds almost an hour earlier.

Matt Kuchar, that you?
98Ag99Grad
AG
Yeah we have enough evidence to support the notion Kuchar is a huge d-bag. This move only solidifies it. His BS about doing it for the 29 y/o "kid" in his group falls flat when that guy went ahead and finished his round. He hits in to the group in front; thank God his 160mph ball speed left him well behind. What if he had hit Rai?

That staff also busted their asses to get the course playable and finish on Sunday so everyone could get on with their lives but this one guy decides he has principals all of the sudden. Enjoy your 103 FedEx points finish and see you in Napa for the fall.
Chipotlemonger
AG
If it is that dark, why even tee off on 18? He didn't have to. If it was past when normally a tourney would be delayed, then he should have just not played his tee ball on 18.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.