*** Wyndham ***

3,349 Views | 48 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by LCE
Yesterday
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

If it is that dark, why even tee off on 18? He didn't have to. If it was past when normally a tourney would be delayed, then he should have just not played his tee ball on 18.
According to him he had planned on playing out, but once his ball was in the **** and he could figure out where to hit/layup he decided to call it and wait for daylight.

I think this would be a non story if he just came out and said, "look, I have a chance to make an extra $150k here and I want the best possible chance to do it." Instead he tried to weasel his way into looking like the good guy.
Ag_07
AG
I think a lot of people are forgetting that if he had decided to finish he would've had to get a ruling and that would've taken longer.

And he said after he finished Monday that the etiquette is to hit a tee shot if you can so he did. That's why he started the hole.

Lot of outrage for a guy following the rules and doing what he thought was best for him. What exactly is wrong with that?
powerbelly
AG
Ag_07 said:

I think a lot of people are forgetting that if he had decided to finish he would've had to get a ruling and that would've taken longer.

And he said after he finished Monday that the etiquette is to hit a tee shot if you can so he did. That's why he started the hole.

Lot of outrage for a guy following the rules and doing what he thought was best for him. What exactly is wrong with that?
Nothing. He is only getting flak because he is an *******.
98Ag99Grad
AG
you don't hit your tee shot with guys in the middle of the fairway. that may not be a written rule but it sure is etiquette 101. This is nothing more than him stomping his feet and acting like a child because he can. I have seen not one person come to his defense in the media or on tour about this which tells me yeah it may be in the rules but he's a dckhead for doing it. If he really cared about his playing partners and that check of his you start raising hell 2 holes back. Use some of that leverage then, not on 18.
DannyDuberstein
AG
One of the keys to good golf is using the rules to your advantage when you get the chance. I basically see this under that same umbrella
concac
AG
98Ag99Grad said:

you don't hit your tee shot with guys in the middle of the fairway. that may not be a written rule but it sure is etiquette 101. This is nothing more than him stomping his feet and acting like a child because he can. I have seen not one person come to his defense in the media or on tour about this which tells me yeah it may be in the rules but he's a dckhead for doing it. If he really cared about his playing partners and that check of his you start raising hell 2 holes back. Use some of that leverage then, not on 18.
He thought the fairway was clear.

If he didn't have that incident with being a cheapass down in Mexico, people wouldn't have given him stick right now. People love to dogpile.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Did someone tell him it was clear? You can't see over that ridge in the fairway from the tee box so he had no idea. They had been waiting on every box most of the day. The look on Greysermans face after Kuchar hit was complete shock because he was correctly assuming it wasn't clear.

IMO any advantage he could gain was long over. You start raising hell 2-3 holes back. That would have actually helped Greyserman reset after the double and give him a few holes to play on Monday.
JCA1
AG
concac said:

98Ag99Grad said:

He thought the fairway was clear.

If he didn't have that incident with being a cheapass down in Mexico, people wouldn't have given him stick right now. People love to dogpile.
Yeah. As I understand it, you can't see the fairway from that tee box. Not sure where the breakdown was, as someone was presumably in charge of letting the guys know when they were safe to tee off.

It was just a weird deal all the way around. Kuch had the right to do what he did and who am I to tell him he shouldn't care about $100,000? But it was strange that he was the only guy to pull this, as he was in 12th place.

All in all, I agree with you that this would have just been a quirky deal had it been just about anyone but him.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Well, he was the only one in the ***** He said himself he likely plays on if he wasn't
AgLA06
AG
powerbelly said:

Ag_07 said:

Nothing. He is only getting flak because he is an *******.

He's getting flack from people who don't know him and are jealous sitting at home. And if your excuse for "knowing him" was because that 1 time in his 23 year career he tried to do something nice and hired a local caddy who demanded they change the agreement after Kuchar won, that isn't surprising.
concac
AG
98Ag99Grad said:

Did someone tell him it was clear? You can't see over that ridge in the fairway from the tee box so he had no idea. They had been waiting on every box most of the day. The look on Greysermans face after Kuchar hit was complete shock because he was correctly assuming it wasn't clear.

IMO any advantage he could gain was long over. You start raising hell 2-3 holes back. That would have actually helped Greyserman reset after the double and give him a few holes to play on Monday.
He saw a guy in a pink shirt near the green and thought it was Horschel. Dude made a mistake; I don't think it was intentional. And he was rushing trying to to finish the round.

His explanation as to why he chose to stop playing made sense. And remember, he almost made a birdie which would've been a difference of $100k+ in prize money. No way he would've sniffed a birdie if he tried to play out the 18th on Sunday.

And I don't even like Kuchar. He walks funny.

98Ag99Grad
AG
I completely disagree that he made a mistake. I believe he knew exactly what he was doing. he was mad they didn't call it several holes back and he knew he had the power to do what he did so he did. That IMO is what makes it so bad. He threw a tantrum that affected many people outside of his playing partners just to prove a point.
E King Trill
AG
I vastly underestimated the number of Kuchar defenders on this site. Kuchar says #TYFYS
LCE
AG
Rai taking 2 minutes to line up 3 ft putts had something to do about it. Just guessing. Pissed at pace of play.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.