***** The Masters *****

148,698 Views | 2255 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by lazuras_dc
zgolfz85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ol_Ag_02 said:

zgolfz85 said:

TexAg1822 said:

He's not, but he's still the top Am in the top 10 and still a major storyline

TV coverage of golf is brutal week in and week out lol

How does he get nothing but airtime leading up to today and then nothing. I get he's 6 shots out but damn

I mean he was in second…. Now he's not. Despite it being really great for Texas A&M the vast majority of viewers don't care about some random amateur that's no longer in the running for anything truly historic.

It is what it is.

Yeah except for he was highly marketed before the tournament and it was all they talked about rounds 1 and 2. I'm not suggesting they show him a lot, but maybe one shot every 3-4 holes would be nice.
TexAg1822
AG
I've already been very vocal on here about how great the Masters coverage is and the platform they have

The TV coverage (CBS/NBC) is what my gripe is with. For starters, we get too much "in the booth" shots at the beginning of the day listening to the commentators talk either recapping the previous days round or hypothetically talking about what could happen on the day. I (would assume most everyone else is too) is just interested in watching golf. I'd rather watch shots of guys that are T-30 on a Sunday rather than watching a preview show

I completely understand and am not ignorant to the importance of TV deals, but imo they have maximized revenue over showing the actual golf. My point was that TV coverage outside of the usual ESPN PGA tour live or featured groups like this week is just bad

But my point still stands with Bennett. There's been major coverage of him this week, he just fell out of the top 10 (regardless you get my point), he's still the top Amateur and it's still a great story and he's playing solid golf on a Sunday at the Masters. It's worth showing (and I'd have this opinion even if he wasn't an Ag)
Buck Compton
AG
zgolfz85 said:

Ol_Ag_02 said:

zgolfz85 said:

TexAg1822 said:

How does he get nothing but airtime leading up to today and then nothing. I get he's 6 shots out but damn

I mean he was in second…. Now he's not. Despite it being really great for Texas A&M the vast majority of viewers don't care about some random amateur that's no longer in the running for anything truly historic.

It is what it is.

Yeah except for he was highly marketed before the tournament and it was all they talked about rounds 1 and 2. I'm not suggesting they show him a lot, but maybe one shot every 3-4 holes would be nice.
Hes only had a handful of shots worth showing.
Choobadooba
This hole is going to put him in 18th and 2 strokes behind an auto qualifying spot.

Needed to make those birdies in the first 7 holes to give yourself some breathing room.
Choobadooba
11 ft putt for par coming up
Buck Compton
AG
11 feet left to somehow save par after that disaster of a bunker excursion
zephyr88
AG
Nope, not this time... T17
zgolfz85
AG
Buck Compton said:

zgolfz85 said:

Ol_Ag_02 said:

zgolfz85 said:

TexAg1822 said:

It is what it is.

Hes only had a handful of shots worth showing.

It's almost like one shot every 3-4 holes = handful
Buck Compton
AG
Only -2 on the par fives this week, due to a pitch in eagle in round 1.

I don't know if it's a lack of length or something else, but that's not good. It shows how solid he's been scrambling everywhere else, but can't do that.
bagger05
AG
Scheffler with a BOMB on 11
Choobadooba
Been downhill ever since those 2 drives at the beginning of the 3rd round.

1 birdie in the last 30 holes.
lazuras_dc
AG
bagger05 said:

Scheffler with a BOMB on 11

Dude doesn't get discouraged. Let's go!
98Ag99Grad
AG
Scheffler moving on up
Buck Compton
AG
Choowey said:

Been downhill ever since those 2 drives at the beginning of the 3rd round.

1 birdie in the last 30 holes.
Yeah, you expect to make a few bogeys at Augusta. But you have to fire at the pin when you can, and most of his pars have been stressful.
Deluxe
AG
A good amount of electricity building in that final group. Rahm and Brooks were kinda chummy this morning, but it's gotten pretty tense in the last hour. Both guys want it so bad. Great viewing.
lazuras_dc
AG
Theegala pulling a Tiger on 16 was neat
bagger05
AG
Welp, that's probably it for Scheffler.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Scheffler is gonna need a hedge trimmer on 12. Man that was long
Buck Compton
AG
Gotta have this birdie putt fall
Choobadooba
Probably annoying to be the leaders and having to wait for 2 groups to finish on the hole.
aginlakeway
AG
TexAg1822 said:

I've already been very vocal on here about how great the Masters coverage is and the platform they have

The TV coverage (CBS/NBC) is what my gripe is with. For starters, we get too much "in the booth" shots at the beginning of the day listening to the commentators talk either recapping the previous days round or hypothetically talking about what could happen on the day. I (would assume most everyone else is too) is just interested in watching golf. I'd rather watch shots of guys that are T-30 on a Sunday rather than watching a preview show

I completely understand and am not ignorant to the importance of TV deals, but imo they have maximized revenue over showing the actual golf. My point was that TV coverage outside of the usual ESPN PGA tour live or featured groups like this week is just bad

But my point still stands with Bennett. There's been major coverage of him this week, he just fell out of the top 10 (regardless you get my point), he's still the top Amateur and it's still a great story and he's playing solid golf on a Sunday at the Masters. It's worth showing (and I'd have this opinion even if he wasn't an Ag)

So you don't think they show enough golf during the final round of the Masters on CBS?
Choobadooba
13 ft putt coming for birdie for sam
Ol_Ag_02
AG
Scheff seems like a good dude but the evil side of me loves watching pros absolutely nuke a ball into the woods from time to time.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Scottie has entered the chat
Scottie has exited the chat
TxAgswin
AG
Are none of the shots truly "live"?
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Ol_Ag_02 said:

Scheff seems like a good dude but the evil side of me loves watching pros absolutely nuke a ball into the woods from time to time.

I prefer the shot hit so fat it stays short of the creek
Pahdz
lazuras_dc said:

Theegala pulling a Tiger on 16 was neat

That was awesome.
Choobadooba
missed the birdie putt again

Sam can't catch a break
bagger05
AG
Man Rahm might stroll to victory. -10 looking REALLY strong right now.
Buck Compton
AG
Choowey said:

Yep. Can't miss every single chance you have to stay in the top 10. Learning a lesson about really grinding in a major at least.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
Starting to look like Rahm's to lose.
Choobadooba
Buck Compton said:

Choowey said:

Yep. Can't miss every single chance you have to stay in the top 10. Learning a lesson about really grinding in a major at least.
Jinxed himself when he said Ridgewood was a harder course than Augusta.

+5 since then.
zgolfz85
AG
Cam young in the mix
DannyDuberstein
AG
Just to be clear, CBS doesn't make anything from this Masters broadcast. The Masters reimburses them for their cost. That's it.

That's why there are only 4 minutes of ads per hour. That's why when Martha Burke pressured their sponsors about no female membership, they said "how about we go with no commercials and no sponsors so no one has to answer for us"
zgolfz85
AG
Putt this with a hybrid brooks

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.