***** The Masters *****

148,568 Views | 2255 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by lazuras_dc
Big Al 1992
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Selfishly I wish Sam was sporting a little more maroon or Aggie gear besides his yardage book.
fightintxaggie10
AG
Dude….someone in the crowd said "Gig'em!" when Scottie Scheffler hit it in the sand off the 4th tee. Come on man. Still funny though
SouthAustinAgSwag
AG
Big Al 1992 said:

Selfishly I wish Sam was sporting a little more maroon or Aggie gear besides his yardage book.
I'm cool with it. Let the man make a buck while speaking well of A&M. Having Kortan on the bag helps with this too.
Buck Compton
AG
Big Al 1992 said:

Bogey on 4 would be a good result from where Sam is at.
Par would be fantastic, but bogey should be expected. A solid shot and a two putt should be minimum.
MAROON
AG
that was a solid shot. Has a chance for par and that is all you can ask for after the first shot.
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
CAR96
AG
If you pay the Peacock Premium fee can you watch more shot for shot action. The Masters app is going to blow out my cell phone battery quick and the tv broadcasts is all interviews.
Buck Compton
AG
Sam is losing it mentally a bit now. Worst drive we've seen from him all tournament.

Gotta bounce back from that bogey.
1872walker
It's a double-cross. It happens. He's fine.
MAROON
AG
yep. All started with his drive on 2 - lost confidence after that shot.
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
SouthAustinAgSwag
AG
Pretty nice approach shot for Sam on 5. A par on this hole is well earned.
Buck Compton
AG
1872walker said:

It's a double-cross. It happens. He's fine.
His drive on 5 wasn't double-crossed.

But you can see it in his demeanor (mostly when putting), struggling a bit against his swing right now. Even his second shot with a good result didn't seem to behave like he wanted.

Hoping he snags a par there
SouthAustinAgSwag
AG
Nice consecutive birdies for Cam on 13 and 14 - if he can birdie his last two he'll be at +3. Projected cut line is +1 but we'll see what happens this afternoon.
Buck Compton
AG
SouthAustinAgSwag said:

Nice consecutive birdies for Cam on 13 and 14 - if he can birdie his last two he'll be at +3. Projected cut line is +1 but we'll see what happens this afternoon.
Slash what happens tomorrow! Doubt we get the full round in today.
aginlakeway
AG
Buck Compton said:

Sam is losing it mentally a bit now. Worst drive we've seen from him all tournament.

Losing it mentally because of his 1st bogey of the tournament and a drive that found the fairway and a GIR?
"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."
1872walker
The test will come on 6 with another par 3 with a very tough pin position. A par there rights the ship in a hurry.
SouthAustinAgSwag
AG
Really? I thought they weren't expecting rain until the evening?
SouthAustinAgSwag
AG
Nice bounce back par for Sam on 5. One of the toughest par 4s on the course and his drive wasn't great.
Buck Compton
AG
aginlakeway said:

Buck Compton said:

Losing it mentally because of his 1st bogey of the tournament and a drive that found the fairway and a GIR?
Jesus, man. You never give up the snark on any board do you? I'll never say anything against him ever again.

If you're watching him you've seen his demeanor change. He's fighting against his swing a bit. It forgivable, it's the freaking Masters and Augusta National.

His drive turned out okay, even if it left him a bit long into the green, but it wasn't what he was trying to do at all. Similar to the last two holes. It'll the end it was a good par.

I'm not saying the sky is falling. I'm not even being that negative (he's played amazing so far and we'll beyond what any of us honestly expected), just wanting him to bounce back and figure it out. I'm just commenting on what I see from him. It's a discussion board.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Buck Compton said:

Lol losing it mentally??

Everybody on this board couldn't even put their ball on the tee without trembling at Augusta he's a player and will be fine.
Buck Compton
AG
1872walker said:

The test will come on 6 with another par 3 with a very tough pin position. A par there rights the ship in a hurry.
6 looked brutal when the earlier groups went through.
SouthAustinAgSwag
AG
Buck Compton said:

SouthAustinAgSwag said:

Slash what happens tomorrow! Doubt we get the full round in today.
Won't matter for Cam - he wasn't likely to make the cut but he bogeyed 17. +6. Missed cut for sure. I hope he bounces back.
whisperingbill
I wonder what the cut will be ?
1872walker
Yep. The landing area is about the size of an umbrella. Left of flag kicks far left. Anything short right goes off the green. The right side is safe but putting past the flag gives you a longer comeback than you had.

A par here erases the mistake on 4.
Buck Compton
AG
Great iron shot on 6 to keep it up top. Compare it to Scheffler losing it a couple yards left and ending up with that brutal uphill lag
1872walker
Sam hits it past the flag. Great shot.
SouthAustinAgSwag
AG
1872walker said:

Yep. The landing area is about the size of an umbrella. Left of flag kicks far left. Anything short right goes off the green. The right side is safe but putting past the flag gives you a longer comeback than you had.

A par here erases the mistake on 4.
Great shot off the tee - take your two putt Sam and you'll be good.
SouthAustinAgSwag
AG
Buck Compton said:

Great iron shot on 6 to keep it up top. Compare it to Scheffler losing it a couple yards left and ending up with that brutal uphill lag
Or to Homa's!
SouthAustinAgSwag
AG
whisperingbill said:

I wonder what the cut will be ?
When I checked 15 minutes ago it was +1 per ESPN. Now it's +2.
Buck Compton
AG
Yikes for Homa. Right back to where he was.
aginlakeway
AG
AgOutsideAustin said:

Buck Compton said:

Lol losing it mentally??

Everybody on this board couldn't even put their ball on the tee without trembling at Augusta he's a player and will be fine.

I shot 79 there in 1994. But I wasn't exactly playing from the Masters tees!
"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."
Buck Compton
AG
Spieth is also looking good today, including a birdie on number three.
AgLA06
AG
Buck Compton said:

Great save for Bogey.
BreNayPop
AG
Kevin Na style putt for that par
concac
AG
For those that have been to the Masters, are the birds chirping that loud? The telecast makes it appear that the players are walking down the fairway in a symphony of bird chirps.
Buck Compton
AG
AgLA06 said:

Buck Compton said:

Great save for Bogey.
Yep. Shoulda hit that one the first time!

Really shows how tough that pin on 6 is though.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.