***** The Masters *****

148,504 Views | 2255 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by lazuras_dc
1872walker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ben Carr, the runner up in the US Am, is currently at the top of the leaderboard and ESPN has shown him exactly 0 times. This doesn't bode well for whenever Bennett makes his way around.
David_Puddy
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

Questions for today...

Who are you rooting for?
Spieth, Reed, Kisner, DJ

Who are you rooting against? nobody really. just want a good finish on Sunday with multiple people in it

Pick to win? Reed

How many LIV guys in the top 10? 4

Does Tiger finish top 25? no

People actually root for Patrick Reed? Who knew
CoppellAg93
AG
Questions for today...

Who are you rooting for?

Spieth, Tiger, Rory, Finau, Bennett

Who are you rooting against?

Reed, Koepka - guess everyone in LIV

Pick to win?

Spieth

How many LIV guys in the top 10?

2 - preferably as few as possible

Does Tiger finish top 25?

No
Out in Left Field
AG
Seamus Power with a hole-in-one on the Par 3 course
GigEmJake17
AG
1872walker said:

Ben Carr, the runner up in the US Am, is currently at the top of the leaderboard and ESPN has shown him exactly 0 times. This doesn't bode well for whenever Bennett makes his way around.
I have seen a couple shots on the Masters stream from Carr. I would think it'll depend on who Sam is playing with if they'll show more.
AustinCountyAg
AgLA06
AG
Bubba drains one.
Chipotlemonger
AG
1872walker said:

...It's just the par 3 contest...
Funky Winkerbean
AG
DG96 said:

Funky Winkerbean said:

DG96 said:

Tried to watch live from the masters but chamblee wears me out with his LIV hate.
Their broadcast is just a LIV hit piece and how the players are ruining legacies.
I'll tune back in on Thursday.
The truth can hurt sometimes.

Can hurt who? Me?
I just want to hear about golf, not all the LIV drama that they want to create.

Like it or not, the 2 tours are a story and it should be covered. It definitely adds a bit of intrigue to the tournaments where both tours are represented.
1872walker
Power also aces 9
JCA1
AG
Despite having a wife, kids, and presumably other family members as well, Bubba is using his regular caddie today. What an odd bird.
AgLA06
AG
3rd pro to go hole in one back to back holes.
1872walker
Hitting simultaneously with the other 2 playing partners, Sheffler's ball flew into the hole on 9.
1872walker
BreNayPop
AG
Sam Bennett just stuck it at 7- just missed a hole in one
GigEmJake17
AG
I'm curious if Sam has shortened his pre shot routine since the US Am. Rooting for him but that was rough to watch at times!
aggiebonzo
AG
Agreed. His pace of play was almost unwatchable.
1872walker
SW AG80
AG
Thanks for posting that. Very interesting.

I was at The Masters last year for my second time. I was walking across a fairway crosswalk as a sandwich wrapper was being blown down the fairway. A guy walking next to me said, "I wonder how that wrapper knows to get blown into a trash can!"

Funny but true. There is never any trash on the course best run event I have ever known.
JCA1
AG
aggiebonzo said:

I'm rooting for Sam but that's going to be an interesting subplot tomorrow. Getting the reigning champion put on the clock would not be a good look. Curious to see if he tries to pick up his pace.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I saw a leaf in a bunker once, and a volunteer went into the bunker, got the leaf, and put it in his pocket

There is not only no trash, you'd be hard pressed to find a brown blade of grass. It's insane
JCA1
AG
And this is why there are never any divots from the day before on the tee boxes. They cut out every divot with a special tool and have a piece of sod custom fit to fill the hole.
1872walker
Look at Sam's player number (on Kortan). They are given out in order of registration.

aggiebonzo
AG
JCA1 said:

aggiebonzo said:

I'm rooting for Sam but that's going to be an interesting subplot tomorrow. Getting the reigning champion put on the clock would not be a good look. Curious to see if he tries to pick up his pace.
In Sam's defense, Scottie and Max aren't the fastest players either. Max can be slow around the greens with aim point and Scott and Teddy sure take their time between shots.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Yeah Homa caught some flak for his putting routine at the match play recently. But as an AM you certainly don't want to be the reason the group is slow.
DargelSkout
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

Cool video. When I first started that video I thought it was going to be a Club Pro Guy bit.
Ezra Brooks
AG
JCA1 said:

And this is why there are never any divots from the day before on the tee boxes. They cut out every divot with a special tool and have a piece of sod custom fit to fill the hole.

I saw these guys on 12 tee at the end of the day - didn't realize that's what they were doing.

Not long before that I had pointed out to my wife that I thought it was really odd that 4 tee box (par 3) didn't have any divots or green divot sand even.

We did see one are on the 2nd fairway just off tee box where there was an obvious repair from a pair of tractor tires - my wife pointed out that it was the first thing that wasn't absolutely perfect all day.
SW AG80
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

I saw a leaf in a bunker once, and a volunteer went into the bunker, got the leaf, and put it in his pocket

There is not only no trash, you'd be hard pressed to find a brown blade of grass. It's insane
True. And no pine needles out of place. Immaculate.
Buck Compton
AG
Quinn said:

Questions for today...

Who are you rooting for? Rory, Spieth, JT.

Who are you rooting against? Brooks, Bryson, Reed, among others.

Pick to win? Rahm. Secondary/surprise pick is Cantlay.

How many LIV guys in the top 10? 1? Maybe 2? 2 would be basically on par with the rest of the field since LIV is about 20% of the field, so I'll say 2. It'll come from the group of Brooks, DJ, Bubba in my mind.

Does Tiger finish top 25? No.

_lefraud_
AG
Hope the guy responsible for that tractor had a life insurance policy.
Aggie369
AG
Homa talked about this in his interview this week

He averages 35 seconds on his putting routine

At the match play the putt everyone was talking about was 52 seconds

He said the time isn't what concerns him it's that he noticed he was stepping in his line of putt so much
Quinn
AG
Remind me of the streaming for tomorrow. It's feature groups and feature holes, with each individual shot available on the players scorecard tab until espn starts coverage at 2?
bagger05
AG

DannyDuberstein
AG
Quinn said:

Remind me of the streaming for tomorrow. It's feature groups and feature holes, with each individual shot available on the players scorecard tab until espn starts coverage at 2?

The Masters App. There is a "My Group" portion where you can pick the players you want to follow and it will continuously switch to show their shots live.
cr06gis
AG
Who are you rooting for? Sam, Scheffler, Finau, Reed, DJ, Bryson

Who are you rooting against? Rory and BK

Pick to win? Homa

How many LIV guys in the top 10? 2

Does Tiger finish top 25? Not seeing it with the weather

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.