***** The Masters *****

148,700 Views | 2255 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by lazuras_dc
Aggie369
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
And there were A LOT of current PGA guys that flirted with LIV
AgLA06
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

Their decisions to go to LIV where business, not personal.
And whether they say it or not, they all know the LIV and the players that signed on gained a lot for the PGAT players in the end. And they were not going to get otherwise.

I think for that reason there was a lot of company speak, but if the LIV guys decide to come back in mass, most will be welcomed back by the players with open arms. Those that aren't, will have very little to do with the LIV business decision.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Pretty wild...

DannyDuberstein
AG
Besides the obvious change of the tree growth and additional distance, the angle is interesting too. Practically teeing off over the edge of the 12 green before.
Mr. McGibblets
AG
Tiger doing Tiger things. Reed being a ****** canoe with his Aces hat. I hate the sips but JS is good in my book. Homa almost aced 16.

Quinn
AG
What did Homa do to deserve a practice round with Reed and Bryson?
lazuras_dc
AG
Did you get to touch JS ?
Mr. McGibblets
AG
Quinn said:

What did Homa do to deserve a practice round with Reed and Bryson?

He didn't. Just on the practice green with him.
Mr. McGibblets
AG
lazuras_dc said:

Did you get to touch JS ?

He smelled nice.
E
AG
A friend saw Reed out at the Woodlands putting green practicing in full Aces and LIV gear a couple weeks ago
CyAg86
AG
I saw an interview with Cam Smith today. He said they get paid to wear their LIV team gear and he plans to do so if the Masters allows it. He brought non LIV shirts and hats to wear if they have issues. Apparently if Reed is wearing his hat they may allow it.
Mr. McGibblets
AG
DJ wore his Aces shirt. Not sure if AN will allow during the tourney. Maybe just the practice.
TXAGGIES
Mr. McGibblets said:

DJ wore his Aces shirt. Not sure if AN will allow during the tourney. Maybe just the practice.

Will AN disallow all advertising on shirts?
DannyDuberstein
AG
AN is above getting in the muck. They can wear their LIV shirts and hats and long-time golf fans can use them as a visual cue to remember Greg Norman choking like a dog at AN multiple times
Mr. McGibblets
AG
No clue
bagger05
AG

Video version of the article posted earlier today.
SW AG80
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

Agree on that one thing...but remember...Rory/Reed thing was before all the elevated event announcements etc, when even Rory had to acknowledge LIV's presence led to all that.

I also think the PGA was actively fighting to keep guys from defecting at that time...seems like after that 1-2 week period the LIV teams mostly finalized and the PGAT announced all their changes. Probably a tense moment for the de facto leader of the PGAT
Rory was served with notice of the lawsuit on Christmas Eve. That would anger most of us.

Then Reed comes and flips a tee down by Rory's bag. Sort of a BS move. So I can understand some hard feeling on Rory's part.
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

AN is above getting in the muck. They can wear their LIV shirts and hats and long-time golf fans can use them as a visual cue to remember Greg Norman choking like a dog at AN multiple times

Greg Norman is one of the original cool golfers. LIV picked him on purpose.

I'm a fan. Rory is rightfully and finally getting over being a little weasel about the whole thing.
bagger05
AG
First ace of the week:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CqlRdimoHdu/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
vwbug
Rory completed the slam this week

He does well when the courses soften up. Think he gets it done this week.
AgLA06
AG
Oh no! He has on the hat of the team bankrolling him?!? How dare he! I'm sure no one else is wearing sponsorship hats.

Some of you have issues.
AustinCountyAg
TXAGGIES said:

Mr. McGibblets said:

Will AN disallow all advertising on shirts?
That wont happen
Aggie369
AG
People don't like him so they subconsciously look for and notice things to complain about or make fun of him for...some of it is legit...most of it isnt

Literally every person there wears the logo/s of someone willing to pay them money.
David_Puddy
AG
I wonder how they will do the TV coverage assuming it bleeds into Monday, which is looking like a strong possibility
Aggie369
AG
Looks like Thursday is now just cloudy with minimal rain

No lighting predicted all well at least

That place handles rain/drainage really well

Cold and wet is not good for Tiger
Quinn
AG
Where is boo's Masters thread? Did he go to the big driving range in the sky?
SouthAustinAgSwag
AG
bagger05 said:

Video version of the article posted earlier today.
Who's on the bag for Sam this week?
concac
AG
Kortan, A&M's golf head coach.
AgLA06
AG
Aggie369 said:

People don't like him so they subconsciously look for and notice things to complain about or make fun of him for...some of it is legit...most of it isnt

Literally every person there wears the logo/s of someone willing to pay them money.
That appears to be a lot of the LIV angst. It's really weird.
Tramp96
Rooting for McIlroy and Rahm. Speaking of Rahm, I really liked his acting work in Inglourious Basterds. Wonder if he will do any more acting soon.

bagger05
AG
New features this year on The Masters app:

Masters Watch Parties
Invite your friends to watch at the same time. Split screen with the action up top and your friends below.

Fantasy Watch Parties (masters.com)
Similar to the above, but based around the fantasy league. Similar function to watch parties but the feed is shots from league players. Includes live chat.

Featured Groups + (masters.com)
Featured Groups but with interactive features including pop-up trivia, prediction games, polls, and community interaction.
Aggie369
AG
I think weather hurts rahm...more bad breaks happen in poor weather and Rahm still has issues controlling emotions.

Now that I'm typing it out...scheffler, homa, Xander, finau do a good job of staying even keeled.

Spieth is emotional but his short game might save him from bad breaks turning to bogies
Quinn
AG
There are a lot of the top guys in great form, but Scheffler is easily the favorite in my book. Defending champ, #1 in the world, won Phoenix and The Players, made semis in Match Play. Just plays boring, great, mistake free golf. Will receive less attention than the other top players. It's his for the taking.
bagger05
AG
I think Scheffler is the favorite but back-to-back wins are rare.

Morikawa's iron play on a softer course?

Just hope it's an exciting tournament.
Aggie369
AG
I havent looked but Morikawa still struggling with putter?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.