***** The Masters *****

148,599 Views | 2255 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by lazuras_dc
bagger05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Best week of the year. Field is set. Odds from Vegas Insider:

Scottie Scheffler +700
Rory McIlroy +700
Jon Rahm +800
Jordan Spieth +1600
Cameron Smith +2000
Justin Thomas +2000
Patrick Cantlay +2000
Collin Morikawa +2200
Xander Schauffele +2200
Jason Day +2500
Cameron Young +2500
Dustin Johnson +2800
Tony Finau +2800
Max Homa +3000
Will Zalatoris +3300
Sam Burns +3500
Viktor Hovland +3500
Sung-Jae Im +4000
Matthew Fitzpatrick +4500
Hideki Matsuyama +4500
Tyrrell Hatton +5000
Shane Lowry +5000
Joaquin Niemann +5500
Corey Conners +5500
Keegan Bradley +5500
Brooks Koepka +6000
Justin Rose +6000
Tommy Fleetwood +6000
Tiger Woods +6600
Tom Kim +6600
Min Woo Lee +6600
Sahith Theegala +8000
Adam Scott +8000
Patrick Reed +8000
Si Woo Kim +8000
Louis Oosthuizen +9000
Abraham Ancer +10000
Billy Horschel +10000
Kurt Kitayama +10000
Bryson DeChambeau +10000
Mito Pereira +11000
Sergio Garcia +11000
Russell Henley +12500
Thomas Pieters +12500
Tom Hoge +12500
Chris Kirk +14000
Bubba Watson +14000
Danny Willett +14000
Seamus Power +14000
Brian Harman +14000
Talor Gooch +15000
Gary Woodland +15000
Adrian Meronk +15000
Jason Kokrak +15000
Harris English +15000
Taylor Moore +15000
J.T. Poston +15000
Ryan Fox +16000
Alex Noren +17500
Francesco Molinari +17500
Kyoung-Hoon Lee +17500
Mackenzie Hughes +17500
Cameron Champ +20000
Kevin Kisner +20000
Phil Mickelson +20000
Charl Schwartzel +20000
Kevin Na +22500
Scott Stallings +25000
Harold Varner III +25000
Adam Svensson +25000
Zach Johnson +25000
Sepp Straka +25000
Kazuki Higa +30000
Gordon Sargent +50000
Aldrich Potgieter +100000
Harrison Crowe +100000
Sam Bennett +100000
Ben Carr +100000
Aldrich Potgieter +100000
Matthew McClean +100000
Bernhard Langer +100000
Mateo Fernandez de Oliveira +150000
Mike Weir +150000
Fred Couples +150000
Larry Mize +250000
Vijay Singh +250000
Jose Maria Olazabal +250000
Sandy Lyle +250000
JCA1
AG
In terms of value, I like Im at +4000. He's played in 3 Masters and finished 2nd in 2020 and 8th in 2022.
bagger05
AG
I'm interested to see how the LIV guys do. Particularly Koepka since he just won.
HeyAbbott
AG
The weather may play a factor in this years' Masters as rain chances are sizable for Friday through Sunday especially Friday afternoon and Saturday morning.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Yes weather report not looking good right now
bagger05
AG
Yeah not ideal. Hopefully it clears up. Also hope it's not enough to make the greens soft.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Feeling like Rahm is due. 6 Masters played, 4 top 10s and 2 top 30s
Aggie369
AG
Chilly too

Temps in 50s

Not good for Tiger
Aggie369
AG
Koepka
Reed
DJ

All played well
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Hello friends……
AustinCountyAg
P Reed will win another one this year....
Bunk Moreland
Me and '03ag are both too busy this week for a pick em thread so if someone else wants to run one, be our guest. I'll be traveling all weekend.

Was also thinking maybe change the picking format a little since LIV golfers and the OWGR are all screwed up. But who knows, that may make for more fun picks.
E
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

Me and '03ag are both too busy this week for a pick em thread so if someone else wants to run one, be our guest. I'll be traveling all weekend.

Was also thinking maybe change the picking format a little since LIV golfers and the OWGR are all screwed up. But who knows, that may make for more fun picks.
I run a small pool for my work and was thinking about changing the 50+ pick to a LIV player. But those are basically the same...

dc509
AG
One of the best weeks of the year.
AustinCountyAg
dont forget Live masters coverage of "on the range" starts at 11 this morning on Masters.com
JCA1
AG
E said:

Bunk Moreland said:

I run a small pool for my work and was thinking about changing the 50+ pick to a LIV player. But those are basically the same...

You've got the Vegas odds for the entire field on this thread. You could go off of that and break them out in groups.
bagger05
AG
Good article about the change to 13.

A First Look: No. 13 and Par 3 Course Changes (masters.com)
AgLA06
AG
Larry Mize +250000
Vijay Singh +250000
Jose Maria Olazabal +250000
Sandy Lyle +250000

$10 wager on any of these nets $25K.

So you're saying there's a chance!

Has a Champions Tour guy ever won it?
Bernhard Langer +100000
AustinCountyAg
Phil would have the best chance as a "former" Champions tour player....
AgLA06
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

Not lately.

And he turned me into a Phil fan after hating him for years.
AustinCountyAg
AgLA06 said:

AustinCountyAg said:

Not lately.

curious what Champions tour player in the Masters then you think has a better chance at winning over Phil...
AgLA06
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

AgLA06 said:

AustinCountyAg said:

Not lately.

curious what Champions tour player in the Masters then you think has a better chance at winning over Phil...
The guy I've posted that earned $34M on the Champions Tour.
Deluxe
AG
If a Champions Tour guy is ever going to win, I doubt it happens when the course is super wet
AustinCountyAg
Deluxe said:

If a Champions Tour guy is ever going to win, I doubt it happens when the course is super wet
not too familiar on how the course plays wet vs dry, but didn't Zach Johnson win it when it was wet and they attributed him winning because of the soggy course? He's not a long hitter so with that thinking wouldn't a wet course play into the hands of some of the shorter hitters?

AgLA06
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

Deluxe said:

not too familiar on how the course plays wet vs dry, but didn't Zach Johnson win it when it was wet and they attributed him winning because of the soggy course? He's not a long hitter so with that thinking wouldn't a wet course play into the hands of some of the shorter hitters?

Accuracy, (fairways and greens in regulation) matter in sloppy conditions. A good scramble game around the games matters as well.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Greens being more receptive to long irons from short-knockers is a big help. This course is all about hitting the right portion of these greens and getting it to hold. Most of these guys don't get crazy driver roll anyway, so a wet fairway doesn't hurt that much
Marauder Blue 6
AG
Already tired of hearing the PGA Tour vs. LIV storylines at the Masters and Greg Norman trying to keep his stupid face in the news.
Quinn
AG
I doubt that you will hear much about it at all during the actual broadcast, but it will be one of the big talking points the first few days.
Bunk Moreland
yeah Bubba said the other day that any 'rift' is basically among the media and press, not among the players.
bagger05
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

Deluxe said:

The big thing when ZJ won it was that it was cool and windy. Conditions were brutal by Augusta standards. I think 68 was the best round of the tournament. After Friday only one person had gone under par both days (Tim Clark went 71-71). Saturday only one person broke par (Retief Goosen with a 70). On Sunday 69 was the best round of the day (ZJ, Goosen, Sabbatini).

I don't like The Masters having crazy low scores, but that one was a bit extreme.

Quinn
AG
I don't think that's entirely true (see Rory ignoring Reed after being served at home on Christmas Eve), but it's probably somewhat played up.
Deluxe
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

Deluxe said:

Fair point. It will be interesting to see if that dynamic holds true 16 years later. The professional game has changed quite a bit since then and I could see it going either way.

Maybe guys like Rory and Brooks, who are known for their ability to attack long, wet courses, gain an advantage relative to the field. But maybe length advantage is negated because the course plays so long/difficult that no one can really attack.
Bunk Moreland
Agree on that one thing...but remember...Rory/Reed thing was before all the elevated event announcements etc, when even Rory had to acknowledge LIV's presence led to all that.

I also think the PGA was actively fighting to keep guys from defecting at that time...seems like after that 1-2 week period the LIV teams mostly finalized and the PGAT announced all their changes. Probably a tense moment for the de facto leader of the PGAT
AustinCountyAg
Bunk Moreland said:

Agree on that one thing...but remember...Rory/Reed thing was before all the elevated event announcements etc, when even Rory had to acknowledge LIV's presence led to all that.

I also think the PGA was actively fighting to keep guys from defecting at that time...seems like after that 1-2 week period the LIV teams mostly finalized and the PGAT announced all their changes. Probably a tense moment for the de facto leader of the PGAT
so far watching all the coverage everyone has been cordial and normal. Seen Horschel (very outspoken) just walk up and b.s. with Cam Smith, also saw Homa b.s.'ing with him as well. DJ and Kis bs'ing.

I'm sure there is some tension and animosity (mainly Rory/Reed, Phil), but for the most part I think they are all cool with each other. Their decisions to go to LIV where business, not personal.
AustinCountyAg
in fashion news, DJ sporting the FJ premiers now...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.