Kuchar paid his local Mexican caddie $3k for Mayakoba win!

20,839 Views | 186 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by jj9000
Yesterday
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
agsfan said:

I thought the Sergio deal was pretty ****ty on both ends.

99% of players in Kuchar's situation just walk to the next tee. Walking straight to a rules official and saying "oh I want to give it to him, I really do, I just couldn't" was some fake good guy bull***** If you're going to play like that, just own up to it, don't pretend like you don't know the rules.

Sergio was dumb too. You screwed up, and if you're playing somebody that is going to take advantage of it, you gotta put your head down and go to the next hole and get over it. If I were him you just keep playing, and call out Kuchar at the end of the round. Not because he took advantage of the rule, that's his right, but because of his fake good guy act afterwards.

I read that the official asked Kuchar if he conceded.
EKUAg
AG
Sergio pulled the on course reporter aside during the round and told the reporter it was his (Sergio's) fault.
AustinCountyAg
Kuchar doesn't owe Sergio ***** Whether he walked off and didn't officially concede the putt, or he starred him down the entire time it doesn't matter. It's kuchar's job to make money at golf tournaments. **** Sergio for thinking Kuch owed him anything.
Swollen Thumb
AG
Sergio can suck a D. So tired of he and Rham using the Spanish "fire" as an excuse to be hot head dips**ts.
agracer
AG
Duggins90 said:

This is my last word on this matter but I bet that dumbass don't show up next year and he better think twice about ever using a local caddie anywhere in the world, he is a tag calf.

He walks away with over a million dollars and obviously likes the course but if he shows up next yr., he will be sorry.

Never let greed get into the way of making a profit.

A complete idiot in ever sense of the word.

Wow, golfers pay no taxes, who knew.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I like Kuchar, but he's having trouble getting off the bad optics struggle bus. Has definitely found himself under the microscope

https://golfweek.com/2019/09/08/matt-kuchar-latest-act-goes-against-spirit-of-the-rules/
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
He's becoming less and less likeable, huh.
The Grinder (99)
AG
That video is ridiculous. Definitely less likable

I like the commentary, "get him a spade"
Rubble
AG
He doesn't move the needle either way for me, but the blame on this one goes to the USGA and their stupid rules. These guys are smart and he isn't doing anything against the new rules. It's just compounded with him because of the caddie issue last year that started the snowball.
jj9000
AG
This is a non-story hit piece.

This quote sums it up perfectly:

Quote:

Technically, Kuchar did not violate the rules because this was not a bunker and a rules official determined the waste area to be made up of millions of loose impediments.

No different than moving pine needles.
powerbelly
AG
jj9000 said:

This is a non-story hit piece.

This quote sums it up perfectly:

Quote:

Technically, Kuchar did not violate the rules because this was not a bunker and a rules official determined the waste area to be made up of millions of loose impediments.

No different than moving pine needles.

Yep.
DannyDuberstein
AG
On a sidenote, what kind of pebbles were these? And if they are actual pebbles, what kind of ****head builds a waste area full of them? Talk about some club scuffing bullsh.
jj9000
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

On a sidenote, what kind of pebbles were these? And if they are actual pebbles, what kind of ****head builds a waste area full of them? Talk about some club scuffing bullsh.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.