Kuchar paid his local Mexican caddie $3k for Mayakoba win!

20,918 Views | 186 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by jj9000
Marauder Blue 6
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Duggins90 said:

probably not a good pr move for Kuch, might end up costing him 10x the amount in question per endorsements.

Never let greed get in the way of making profits.

His endorsements won't be affected all. If anyone drops him, they'll be lined up to offer him more than he missed out on. He's as bankable as a golfer gets.
Quinn
AG
The reading comprehension on this thread is so bad. I think the timeline has been broken down about five times, but people keep asking about it or getting it wrong.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Marauder Blue 6 said:

He's as bankable as a golfer gets.

i've got gordon keith's fake tiger woods voice laughing hysterically in my head.
PA24
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

Duggins90 said:

probably not a good pr move for Kuch, might end up costing him 10x the amount in question per endorsements.

It'll cost him 30 grand? Oh the huge manatee.

Also, golf network needs to RE run his episode with feherety just 1 time and more people will watch that than know about this story.
Normal caddie share is 5% of winnings.

Perception is reality, public will not b kind to ol smiley face.

I personally think Kutcher is wrong and being extremely stupid due to greed. He took advantage of a professsionql caddie and will pay dearly for it.

This story is not going away.
GIF Reactor
AG
I don't really care for Kuchar, but I don't think he did anything wrong here. $5k is a lot of money, it was more than they agreed upon, and the dude was just a fill in without (I'm assuming) the typical duties of a week to week caddy. What Kuchar won or what his usual caddy would have made seems inconsequential to me.
Yesterday
AG
Duggins90 said:

Bunk Moreland said:

Duggins90 said:

Also, golf network needs to RE run his episode with feherety just 1 time and more people will watch that than know about this story.

I personally think Kutcher is wrong and being extremely stupid due to greed. He took advantage of a professsionql caddie and will pay dearly for it.

Show me where you got "normal caddie share is 5% of winnings. Then show me how much local fill in caddies shares are.
bagger05
AG
Duggins90 said:

Bunk Moreland said:

Duggins90 said:

I thought normal caddie share was 10%. But regardless, I don't see any argument for this guy getting anything close to a normal caddie share.
Ag_07
AG

Quote:

Professional? I don't know about that.

He's as professional as the caddies at your local country club or favorite resort course.
Mr.Bond
AG
Ag_07 said:

Quote:

Professional? I don't know about that.

He's as professional as the caddies at your local country club or favorite resort course.
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

PA24
AG
two sides to story, caddie's story is different than Mr cheap o

If he had done this in USA he would be racked across the coals

Stop with $5k is a lot of money for these folks, he got paid over a million in a poor country and the going rate is 5% all over the world.

He will suffer for his greedy ways and rightfully so.

agsalaska
AG
Duggins90 said:

Stop with $5k is a lot of money for these folks, he got paid over a million in a poor country and the going rate is 5% all over the world.

Im sorry, but the going rate is not 5%. That's just not true and it blows up your logic. The going rate for a local caddie in a situation like this is not and has never been 5%.

The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
Bunk Moreland
Sorry Kooch didn't give you that high five you wanted across the ropes at SHO that one time.
Mr.Bond
AG
I'm thinking we found the Mexicans sock
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Ag_07
AG
Duggins90 said:

PA24
AG
agsalaska said:

Duggins90 said:

Im sorry, but the going rate is not 5%. That's just not true and it blows up your logic. The going rate for a local caddie in a situation like this is not and has never been 5%.

Local caddies know the greens, the lay of the land not just carry clubs. They r a team for the weekend as the caddie helped read putts, where to hit the drives, where to avoid. Kutcher couldn't have won without the local caddies help most likely.

Caddie expected at least 2 percent.
Kutcher insulted him with the offer of 15k in which caddie told him to stick it up his smiley face ass.

He will pay a lot more than what he stiffed the caddie

ORAggieFan
Ignore the troll.
PA24
AG
ORAggieFan said:

Ignore the troll.
Great defensive position
TresPuertas
AG
I don't think people here are trolling.

I actually fall right in the middle of this thing.

What Kuchar did wasn't exactly wrong, but he didn't exactly do the right thing either. He didn't break any official rules but he didn't follow the unofficial ones

I predict that this will likely go away fairly quickly.

Tiger is playing this week so every move he makes
Will be focused on
ORAggieFan
Duggins is 100% a troll. Why someone bothers to troll the golf board, I'm not sure.
PA24
AG
TresPuertas said:

I don't think people here are trolling.

I actually fall right in the middle of this thing.

What Kuchar did wasn't exactly wrong, but he didn't exactly do the right thing either. He didn't break any official rules but he didn't follow the unofficial ones

I predict that this will likely go away fairly quickly.

Tiger is playing this week so every move he makes
Will be focused on
Exactly although I don't think it will go away.

Ethic violation unwritten maybe but still a pr nightmare especially in today's environment
PA24
AG
ORAggieFan said:

Duggins is 100% a troll. Why someone bothers to troll the golf board, I'm not sure.
Duggins90 is an Aggie and u r not.

That is a fact
DannyDuberstein
AG
Duggins should go back to trolling from his dumbass sock. What a weird dude.

And I'm sure this guy's reads of the greens in spanish were real helpful to Kuch. He busted out his yardage book and his english spanish dictionary

He carried rhe bag, raked bunkers and handed over the quatro iron. That's all he did.
AustinCountyAg
I do not understand how anyone can be on the caddie's side on this deal....

The dude AGREED to his salary before the tournament started. If he didn't think his pay was fair he didn't have to caddie for Kuchar. He knew the "risk" of him winning the tournament and what he could and could not make as a bonus. He could have easily asked for 5% of his winnings, or whatever instead of a set in stone salary, but he didn't. He got paid a straight salary for which he agreed.

Sure Kuchar is prolly a cheap ass, but that shouldn't even matter in this situation.
agsalaska
AG
Duggins90 said:

agsalaska said:

Duggins90 said:

Local caddies know the greens, the lay of the land not just carry clubs. They r a team for the weekend as the caddie helped read putts, where to hit the drives, where to avoid. Kutcher couldn't have won without the local caddies help most likely.

Kutcher insulted him with the offer of 15k in which caddie told him to stick it up his smiley face ass.

Hey troll. Whats 2% of $1,000,000

Second, do you know this guy read the greens and told him where to hit his putts? Cause that's not what I read.

But you go on either trolling or hating for whatever reason you come up with. That's the world we live in now I guess.

The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
PA24
AG
agsalaska said:

Duggins90 said:

agsalaska said:

Duggins90 said:

Hey troll. Whats 2% of $1,000,000

Second, do you know this guy read the greens and told him where to hit his putts? Cause that's not what I read.

But you go on either trolling or hating for whatever reason you come up with. That's the world we live in now I guess.

The caddie was EXPECTING at least $50k. Dirt poor Mexican told him to stick the insulting number up his butt.
5% should have been the pay, caddie earned it.

Now I don't agree with u. The msm is not letting this die and apparently a lot of people agree that it is a story hence it ain't dying.

Local caddies work the course but obviously u don't understand that and I ain't going try to explain it to u.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Quote:

This is correct.

Again, hard to see Arnie or Jack giving a bonus of only $1k, but Kuch isn't close to them on or off the course by all accounts.

Also, to those claiming there is an agreed upon rate... sure but it's just like when you go out for dinner, you could be a cheap ass and tip less than 1% of the bill if you wanted to. I mean you aren't obligated to do anything, but you'll be called a cheap-ass, and deservedly so. Just like Kuch here.
PA24
AG
This is my last word on this matter but I bet that dumbass don't show up next year and he better think twice about ever using a local caddie anywhere in the world, he is a tag calf.

He walks away with over a million dollars and obviously likes the course but if he shows up next yr., he will be sorry.

Never let greed get into the way of making a profit.

A complete idiot in ever sense of the word.
agsalaska
AG
So now you change your story. You said he was expecting at least 2%.

NM. Im out,.

PA24
AG
agsalaska said:

NM. Im out,.

Okay
AustinCountyAg
who's to say this Mexican caddie didn't even show up on time? maybe he was talking crap in Spanish about Kuch and he overheard him? Maybe Kuch witnessed this dude doing something unprofessional and he thought that this little resort caddie doesn't deserve a big ole tip on top of what he's getting paid?

Just something to think about as well......Nobody will ever know all the details and facts of the situation. None of this changes my opinion about Kuch. I like his style and the way he plays golf. And I am a cheap ass too so we have that in common.
Quinn
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

who's to say this Mexican caddie didn't even show up on time? maybe he was talking crap in Spanish about Kuch and he overheard him? Maybe Kuch witnessed this dude doing something unprofessional and he thought that this little resort caddie doesn't deserve a big ole tip on top of what he's getting paid?

Just something to think about as well......Nobody will ever know all the details and facts of the situation. None of this changes my opinion about Kuch. I like his style and the way he plays golf. And I am a cheap ass too so we have that in common.
Kuch said that he had hoped to have a relationship with him and have dinner with him next time he was in Mexico for the tournament, so it's very unlikely that was the case.
Roger Goodell
Kuch reminds me of a Exxon Executive
aggietony2010
AG
Duggins90 said:

This is my last word on this matter but I bet that dumbass don't show up next year and he better think twice about ever using a local caddie anywhere in the world, he is a tag calf.

He walks away with over a million dollars and obviously likes the course but if he shows up next yr., he will be sorry.

Never let greed get into the way of making a profit.

A complete idiot in ever sense of the word.

You think he's scared of some nobody caddy, and that's gonna stop him from a title defense? He'll be there, and with his "real" caddy.

I hope he wins again, and presents his caddy with a giant check for 10% at the course.
jj9000
AG
agsalaska said:

NM. Im out,.

Ignore him.

Best advice I can give you.

I'm willing to bet that many folks on this board would agree.

Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
this thread sucks.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.