2014 Ryder Cup

15,810 Views | 282 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by 92TXAG
girlgolfer12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
In general people b*tch just to have something to say. I'm not a huge fan of his, but I see nothing wrong with what he did. It's us against them right now!
Bunk Moreland
It's like this board's opinion of him based on his comments earlier in the year. Acting like it was some major disgrace and show of disrespect for him to believe he's a top 5 player after the run he was on. So what? Gotta believe in yourself.

I'll bet a bunch of the people(not just here, but the writers, etc) who showed all the faux outrage earlier in the year are absolutely loving the passion he is showing now.

Wish other us team members showed a little fire.
bagger05
AG
When I woke up this morning it looked like we had a shot, but man we're leaking bad.
Bunk Moreland
Speith needs to somehow square the match back up.

As I say that, McDowell almost holes his approach
girlgolfer12
Agree 100%, Bunk.
ORAggieFan
Bubba shoul never play a Ryder Cup.
Bunk Moreland
Talk about luck. Yesterday speith and rose go into the same bunker... Us shot is against the lip and unplayable to the hole. Euros get a perfect sand shot.

Rose just hits into a shrub, but somehow has an open shot at the green.

Lotta luck involved. Of course, rose just took advantage of his fortunes with an amazing shot
Bunk Moreland
This thing should be over in an hour or so. Such a disappointing showing from the US
bagger05
AG
As it stands right now:

The Euros have 12 points (Fowler and Bubba are done)

Spieth is in big trouble
Mahan is in trouble

This thing might be done in the first five matches.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Punch Phil in the face if can't beat Gallacher.
bagger05
AG
quote:
This thing should be over in an hour or so. Such a disappointing showing from the US
It's been pretty much what most of us expected going in.
Bunk Moreland
Now Reed loses his tee. Yikes this gon' be over in half hour, not even an hour
Bunk Moreland
Has no one told. NBC that Steve sands ' mic has been ****ed up all weekend? Jesus
98Ag99Grad
AG
Really surprised by Speith. Thought he would handle the pressure and close out GMAC.
birdman
USA on pace to end up with 12 points. Hard to see getting another point or two to make it respectable.

Nearly impossible to find another 2.5 points.
Bunk Moreland
Did anyone else just lose their feed? Gutter technology NBC brought over there for the weekend.

Their coverage is so crappy anywhere I'm not sure we are missing golf. This, along with cbs butchering the final round of the masters, has been a bad year for golf coverage
MAROON
AG
Spierh with his weekly Sunday swoon. We basically had no chance today, but we had to win that match for any chance
Bunk Moreland
Reed 3-0-1 on the weekend. He showed up.
ORAggieFan
One good thing is the future. Reed and Spieth looked good overall. I think Fowler ran out of gas and shouldn't have played all matches and will be fine. 2016!!!!
LeFraud
Looking forward to FOX coverage on the US open. If anything it can't be worse.
Bunk Moreland
Well kaymer shut down Bubba. What a shot
Bunk Moreland
Holy Mahan
girlgolfer12
Awful shot by Mahan. Not like it matters.
DannyDuberstein
AG
**** the stinky, lazy eurotrash gallery. If they want to cheer bad US shots, then I have no issue with a guy like Reed shushing their asses.
DannyDuberstein
AG
F Mahan too.
98Ag99Grad
AG
I can't stand Mahan. This only solidified it.
Bunk Moreland
Keegan getting blitzed by Donaldson.

Alright. Off to get **** done before the NFL and Nascar start up today
LeFraud
Obviously its easy to question Watson's picks, but keegan and webb have just been awful.
Yesterday
AG
Watson's picks didn't show up on the final day. Screw the Ryder cup point system. We need to start the point system in the final three months.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Definitely need to change captain picks till after FedEx cup is done. Horschel looks wired for this like Reed. Kirk was playing awesome too. Picking someone because he has experience never works for us it seems.
LeFraud
Can't really have a hard time with the Mahan pick. But Palmer avg more birdies per round than all but 3 of the guys that made this US team (spieth, walker, watson). US didn't have DJ or Tiger, but that's no excuse for how terrible some of these guys played. Have to find some guys that can alternate shot. Reed and Spieth look legit moving forward.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Agreed the selections should come later. Palmer and Horschel would've been formidable on this squad.
Post removed:
by user
Yesterday
AG
Agreed fox, the other team has the same format to play, we just aren't hitting them.
Deluxe
AG
I'd love to see a tiered point system moving forward:

1. Four spots from a two year ranking system (like we have now)
2. Four spots from a new ranking system based on Firestone through Tour Championship performance
3. Four spots from captain's picks

The first tier grabs the players who played consistently well over the two year time frame (with emphasis on the Ryder Cup year).

The second tier grabs guys like Horschel and Kirk, who were playing well when it mattered most.

The third tier gives the captain more flexibility to fill in gaps. He can grab a veteran if alot of young guys qualify. He can grab a talented player that maybe missed some time due to injury. Etc.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.