2014 Ryder Cup

15,808 Views | 282 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by 92TXAG
jonj101
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Yea, Spieth has had some moments where he was whining, but I don't get the impression that he is as disliked as Reed.

Unless Kuch and Furyk are getting saved for later play, I would think that Furyk/Reed or Kuch/Spieth or something like that would be a better option than two rookies.

Just my uneducated 2 cents.
ORAggieFan
Think the plan is Furyk/Kuchar in the afternoon and that should be a good pairing.
tommeehawk7
jj , when did Spieth show immaturity ? All I have ever heard and /or seen is folks saying he's very mature for his age.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Doh. didn't see these other posts about Kuch.
Deluxe
AG
So pumped about tomorrow.

I personally like pairing Spieth/Reed together. Both were pretty accomplished amateur match play players. Reed won some big matches in Augusta State's run to back to back national championships. Spieth's record speaks for itself (two junior am titles, walker cup, national championship at UT).

None of the veterans had any luck against Poulter in 2012, so I'll be interested to see how the rookies do. Reed might be the perfect guy to out-****** Poulter.
Ag_07
AG
quote:
None of the veterans had any luck against Poulter in 2012, so I'll be interested to see how the rookies do. Reed might be the perfect guy to out-****** Poulter.

Or Watson is of the thought that Poulter is going to beat anybody that's thrown at him. Why not let the young guys get some experience while at the same time putting a strong team elsewhere?

Essentially conceding this match so as to not lose another point elsewhere. If these guys come out and are on fire maybe you get this win and it's house money.

Not a bad pairing as I like the calm demeanor of Jordan with the conceded douchiness of Reed.
Deluxe
AG
Watson doesn't seem like the kind of guy to concede matches
Ag_07
AG
Concede the match was not the best term to use. More like picking your battles.

Like you said, none of the vets had an answer for Ian so why not pair the rooks up and use the stronger pairs elsewhere.
Sean_Jones
Tom had no clue who Reed/Spieth would even be playing so that doesn't really make any sense. He obviously thinks they are a good duo in this format, they can both make birdies in bunches. When Reed is off he is way off though so I would sit him until Sunday if he plays bad tomorrow morning.
gravy97
AG
I was pumped till I saw the first match tees off at 1:35am CST... dang European time difference
ORAggieFan
quote:
Tom had no clue who Reed/Spieth would even be playing so that doesn't really make any sense. He obviously thinks they are a good duo in this format, they can both make birdies in bunches. When Reed is off he is way off though so I would sit him until Sunday if he plays bad tomorrow morning.
Exactly. They just turn in the order of the players as does the other team, you have no idea who it will be.
ORAggieFan
quote:
I was pumped till I saw the first match tees off at 1:35am CST... dang European time difference
And I'm on the West Coast......will DVR and watch while working I think. At least Sunday is later.

British Open and every four years the Ryder Cup the only time it's not perfect being on Pacific Time for watching sports.
tommeehawk7
Very smart move getting the rookies started in the Fourball format.
hot dog
AG
Big Cat `93
AG

They ready.
Deluxe
AG
@TimRosaforte: I especially want to see if this Reed kid plays the Ryder Cup like he did the NCAAs, taking out Uihlein twice, Koepka, English Hadley
tommeehawk7
Looks like Mickelson's trying to hide a stiff shaft
DannyDuberstein
AG
Amy Mickelson upsized after her titay issues.
hardtimes
quote:
Very smart move getting the rookies started in the Fourball format.
Agreed. Can't wait for the (early) morning.
bagger05
AG
quote:
Amy Mickelson upsized after her titay issues.

Good for her. What an appropriate "F YOU" to cancer.

"You took away my cans? Well guess what, cancer, I'm getting new ones that are twice as big."
The Last Cobra Commander
AG
Is anyone still up???
The Last Cobra Commander
AG
That's a rough start. Can't say either of those US drives inspire confidence
1208HawkTree
AG
"On the tee, Bubba Watson......I mean, Webb Simpson."

Then he hits a wedge off the first tee.
The Last Cobra Commander
AG
That rough looks a wee bit thick
1208HawkTree
AG
How did that not go in?!?
The Last Cobra Commander
AG
Y da fk would u concede!!!!!
Ag pride
AG
Rough start
The D
AG
This coverage is terrible. It's 75% commercials.
The Last Cobra Commander
AG
Agreed. 3 shots, Curve tv... 3 shots, Player profile... 3 shots, luxury car (that I'll never buy)...
Van Buren Boy
AG
Reed and Spieth
Sooner Born
quote:
This coverage is terrible. It's 75% commercials.

There are 4 pairings on the course. There is not that much golf to show.
Turf-Ag02
AG
Glad they showed Poulter's shank into the lake, guess they can show that when there's only 4 groups on the course.
Sooner Born
That reminds of the time I saw David Toms top a 3 wood at the International in Denver. Might have hit it about 50 yards on the ground. Still made par though.
bagger05
AG
Jimmy Walker!
Chipotlemonger
AG
Nice photobomb and photo

Dem cans...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.