Can't wait until a bunch of fake cowboys

17,523 Views | 169 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by David_Puddy
Dark_Knight
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Nice photoshop POG.

Also, nobody cares yet hilarious to see its gotten under your skin enough to put some effort into it.

Also why tf are you even still trying to talk?
Your ass has been handed to you multiple times in this thread, because you're an ignorant smug sob, aka typical tsip.

Take your L and your hippie school and march off to the PAC
Because I'm Batman!

Indianrider
AG
Mr. Stolen Valor is still posting?
GentlemansAgreement
Dark_Knight said:

Nice photoshop POG.

Also, nobody cares yet hilarious to see its gotten under your skin enough to put some effort into it.

Also why tf are you even still trying to talk?
Your ass has been handed to you multiple times in this thread, because you're an ignorant smug sob, aka typical tsip.

Take your L and your hippie school and march off to the PAC
So I guess we can't skip the part where you tell me it's photoshopped. But it still isn't. You forgot the one where you say that I snuck into someone else's office and used their stuff.

Do you consider a red Sharpie and two post-it notes to be "effort?" How long does it take you to tie your shoes in the morning?

My ass has been handed to me? I realize that, as an Aggie, you cannot tell the difference between claiming victory and actually achieving it. This is why football before [fill in whatever date you find convenient to make the series look even] doesn't count, and why your trophy case is bursting with national championship trophies fresh off the time machine from 1932.

And yet.

Nobody has "handed" me anything. I said most of the Corps is playing dress up. Many of you stumbled over yourselves to point out that SOME of the Corps will, eventually, serve in the military. A great deal of discussion was had over whether this percentage is 40% or 45% based on information from a verifiable source, or "more than 50%" based on a very angry AgTag's repeated, but unsupported, claims.

About half of my fraternity has served in the military. To be on the safe side, when you pass any one of them on the street, better thank them for their service. Because, you know. Percentages. Or, you could do like most reasonable people do, and make a distinction between (a) achievement and (b) association.
GentlemansAgreement
Indianrider said:

Mr. Stolen Valor is still posting?
I think you're my new favorite. Can I keep you? We'll make a nice little bed for you out of old towels and newspaper.
GentlemansAgreement
dermdoc said:

This all started from me saying "fake cowboys" which obviously is true when talking about the Texas Cowboys.

Sip tried to respond with the analogy of the Corps being "fake soldiers" but when confronted with the fact that even by his numbers 45% are real soldiers which obviously makes this is obviously a completely idiotic comparison as all the Texas Cowboys are fake, not so much the Corps.

Still no explanation why his fellow sips like to mock the memorial to war dead and walk on the grass around our MSC.

Thank you for your service. You are a better man than me.

But to compare the Corps to the Texas Cowboys is idiocy.

You were Texas.

My wish is that the mighty sips open up at Bama or LSU. Y'all have zero idea what you are getting in to.
You are not in Kansas anymore Dorothy.

Enjoy the SEC.
Well, doc, I have done some research and determined that 40-50% of the Texas Cowboys ARE real cowboys, or USED TO BE real cowboys, or WILL BE real cowboys, or just really WANT TO BE real cowboys. So, you know. I win.

60% of the Corps is fake soldiers.

No need to thank me (besides, apparently I made the whole thing up).

As for your war memorial that is indistinguishable from sod: I think that's weird, but it's your thing. When you have company over, they should follow your rules, and avoid walking on the grass. I myself have never walked on that grass, nor have I ever seen anyone else do so. Dick move for anyone to do so, in my opinion.
Dark_Knight
AG
They're cadets...not fake soldiers, like you. You may as well call the cadets at the academies fake soldiers too while you're at it.
So you're a frat pos, makes perfect sense.

"Some" cadets serve? Dude, roughly half the cadets earn a commission through various means....not to mention those that would still go on to enlist as well. You seriously can't be this thick headed. Your bias blinds you. Regardless, what's your point again? Just to call the cadets fake soldiers, to make yourself feel better? Nobody has said they were soldiers to begin with.

If you were actually in the military, you'd be able to understand what we are talking about, especially any traditions that we have. If you were actually a Marine, you'd know a thing or two about traditions.
Because I'm Batman!

GentlemansAgreement
Dark_Knight said:

They're cadets...not fake soldiers, like you. You may as well call the cadets at the academies fake soldiers too while you're at it.
So you're a frat pos, makes perfect sense.

"Some" cadets serve? Dude, roughly half the cadets earn a commission through various means....not to mention those that would still go on to enlist as well. You seriously can't be this thick headed. Your bias blinds you. Regardless, what's your point again? Just to call the cadets fake soldiers, to make yourself feel better? Nobody has said they were soldiers to begin with.

If you were actually in the military, you'd be able to understand what we are talking about, especially any traditions that we have. If you were actually a Marine, you'd know a thing or two about traditions.
Oh no, let's be quite clear. I am accused of being a fake Marine. A fake Marine is very different from a fake solider. A fake Marine goes to fake boot camp and then undergoes fake training focused on fake amphibious operations and maritime prepositioning of fake ships. We are closely associated with the fake Navy, although there is a very intense (but also completely fake) inter-fake-services rivalry.

Can you tell me, briefly, the difference between "some" and "roughly half?" If I owed you $100, and gave you $40, or $45, is that "some of the money" I owe you, or "roughly half?" If so, can i borrow $100?

I also notice that when we're discussing the # of Aggies who serve in the military, we include the CoC, everyone who ever served before but didn't take a commission (IndianRider calls these people "losers"), that one guy who drove past a military base on time, and everyone who super-duper wishes they could serve but for whatever reason, hasn't. When we discuss the number of sips in the military, the analysis begins and ends with ROTC.

That last thing you said is just short of completely ludicrous (and I am saying this as someone who voluntarily interacts with Aggies even though I don't actually have to). If you think being in the military makes "traditions" like puff paint overalls, male cheerleaders, and the elephant walk seem cool . . . I really don't know what to tell you.
inconvenient truth
Lots of tough talk from a guy who couldn't make it past E-5. But thank me for my service, right?
BadAggie
AG
jja79 said:

Sip fans will hate the SEC but the SEC will hate them more.

sips can't figure out if "I've Been Working on the Railroad" is racist or not.

I give it Week 3 until the sip fanbase wants out. The combination of getting their @sses kicked by schools they view as not just inferior but backwards will be too much to bear.

GentlemansAgreement
inconvenient truth said:

Lots of tough talk from a guy who couldn't make it past E-5. But thank me for my service, right?
Um. Not sure what point you're trying to make here.
I suspect you don't, either.

1. I'm not trying to talk tough. I have a difference of opinion. I notice that usually makes Aggies angry. No idea why.

2. If I were trying to talk tough (I'm not), what rank would I need to be? Would Staff Sergeant be sufficient? Gunny? There's only 9 enlisted ranks, so E-5 is, like, *more than half* of them. According to some on this very thread, "more than half" is the same thing as "all of them." In fact, you should just call me "Sergeant Major GentlemansAgreement." That is all.

3. I find it interesting (mildly, not very) that Aggies claim to revere military service to the point of fetishizing it, while simultaneously discounting the service of enlisted trash like myself. Good thing I'm not sensitive, like you ladies (I assume from your emotional over-reactions that you are all female, correct?).
Indianrider
AG
"Good thing I'm not sensitive, like you ladies (I assume from your emotional over-reactions that you are all female, correct?)."

" Oh no, let's be quite clear. I am being accused of being a fake Marine."

Nope, not sensitive at all.

Bless your little pathetic butthurt heart.
GentlemansAgreement
Indianrider said:

"Good thing I'm not sensitive, like you ladies (I assume from your emotional over-reactions that you are all female, correct?)."

" Oh no, let's be quite clear. I am being accused of being a fake Marine."

Nope, not sensitive at all.

Bless your little pathetic butthurt heart.
Thank you, ma'am.
Dark_Knight
AG
Lol...
I honestly really don't have the time to break down how stupid and childish you are being, purposefully twisting everything said so you can point fingers at us mean ol Aggies. Fking pathetic.

You were shown you were wrong. You were being an ass but you got your ass handed to you in typical fashion, just the way you like it. Now you're moving goalposts everywhere, crawfishing and playing victim.

Some isn't half. By you continuing to say "some", it's your little way of trying to downplay what the Corps is, continued disrespect and disregard. Also, yea most of our traditions are military related, like Silver Taps, Muster. Our Yell Leaders came from a time we were an all male military school you tard. You going to tell me the dumb **** the Academies do or the Marines are somehow different from the various traditions that A&M has? No. So we sure as **** aren't going to respect you, Marine or not, yet here you are whining we're making fun of you and calling you fake. Ironic. Please cry some more.
Because I'm Batman!

GentlemansAgreement
Dark_Knight said:

Lol...
I honestly really don't have the time to break down how stupid and childish you are being, purposefully twisting everything said so you can point fingers at us mean ol Aggies. Fking pathetic.

You were shown you were wrong. You were being an ass but you got your ass handed to you in typical fashion, just the way you like it. Now you're moving goalposts everywhere, crawfishing and playing victim.

Some isn't half. By you continuing to say "some", it's your little way of trying to downplay what the Corps is, continued disrespect and disregard. Also, yea most of our traditions are military related, like Silver Taps, Muster. Our Yell Leaders came from a time we were an all male military school you tard. You going to tell me the dumb **** the Academies do or the Marines are somehow different from the various traditions that A&M has? No. So we sure as **** aren't going to respect you, Marine or not, yet here you are whining we're making fun of you and calling you fake. Ironic. Please cry some more.
I promise you, I'm not upset. I'm sorry that you are, though. Is it your lady time?
ABATTBQ11
AG
IHIOGA it's not your wife's
GentlemansAgreement
ABATTBQ11 said:

IHIOGA it's not your wife's
See? That's funny.
Dark_Knight
AG
You were upset enough to try to prove you're a Marine and a tu graduate to a bunch of strangers on a rival forum, none of whom could give a flying fck....yea, and I'm the one who's upset....

Weak deflection... the "no you're upset" game. Classic.
Because I'm Batman!

Jock 07
AG
GentlemansAgreement said:

Considered taking a commission. Decided not to.
Sure you did. Prove it. Pretty sure that "decision" was out of your hands.

Quote:

About half of my fraternity has served in the military

Nobody believes your anecdotal "facts". Prove it.

Quote:

discounting the service of enlisted

You're the crayon eater claiming the folks who had already served and then joined the Corps shouldn't count toward the service numbers.

Finally, I would hope my friends and loved ones would have the common decency to put a bullet in my head should I ever become so pathetic as to sign up for an account on a non rival's website to run my mouth about something I have no clue about. Make it two bullets should I ever make the effort to take a picture of my ribbon rack and degree to score internet points against complete strangers.

Seriously seek help dude.
Reno Hightower
A lot of Aggies are anxious for this to happen. Been yearning for awhile to have these d*p****s return to campus.
GentlemansAgreement

Quote:

Sure you did. Prove it. Pretty sure that "decision" was out of your hands.
Honestly curious: what form of proof would you accept? Photos are clearly not sufficient. Also, in a single post, you said it was "pathetic" for me to provide proof of my military service, right after you demand proof of another aspect of my military service. It's almost as if --and this is the crazy part, but hear me out-- you're going to discount anything I say no matter what. Is it because I graduated from Texas, and you graduated from my safety school? I just want to be friends, but you're making it really difficult.

Quote:

Nobody believes your anecdotal "facts". Prove it.
Just to be clear, it's cool for YOU to offer anecdotal evidence, but not me? Seems reasonable.

I provided a link to a credible source stating that 40-45% of the members of the Corps of Cadets will seek a commission. You kinda went crazy after that, and started comparing maroon apples to oranges. I invited you to provide proof beyond your bare assertions. Still waiting. In the meantime, it was your boy Indianrider who said enlisted Marines who do not get a commission are . . . let's see, what was the word? "Losers." (Whew . . . that was hurtful.)

If I was half as sensitive as you (which could mean 40%, or 45% as sensitive, right, buddy?) I might be upset at your facile pretense at respect for military service, which is so, so obviously secondary to your hatred for the University of the First Class. . . . but I'm not, so hate away!

Hullabaloo!
Indianrider
AG
How Pathetic your existence is.
GentlemansAgreement
Indianrider said:

How Pathetic your existence is.
Why did you say that twice?
Why did you say that twice?
dermdoc
AG
Are all the Texas Cowboys "fake cowboys"?

Yes

Is the SEC going to give a crap when those guys in fake cowboy outfits start yelling "We're Texas". And what will they do?

Yawn

That is all that was posted.

You were Texas
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Indianrider
AG
Dark_Knight
AG
Thats an awful lot of deflection, yet still not strong enough.

Also your "proof" of commissions at A&M don't even come from hard source numbers. It was a statement in an article that gave no other numbers, it was an estimation.

A&M still commissions more officers, plenty of Cadets also enlist for various reasons. We also have a large contingent of vets that come here, joining the Corps or not, also can also get commissions. You've heard of MECEP, if you're a Marine.

So, thumb your nose at the Corps all you want, they aren't playing dress up. They're all Cadets.
Because I'm Batman!

Jock 07
AG
Just to be clear, it's cool for YOU to demand proof, but not provide any yourself? Seems rationale and not at all ironic.
Jock 07
AG

I provided a link to a credible source stating that 40-45% of the members of the Corps of Cadets will seek a commission.

Quote:

The "facts:" something less than 1/2 of the Corps will serve in the military. The rest of them will lay their lives on the line in 9-to-5 jobs.

The "fact": you never said anything originally about seeking a commission. You said serve, which is why I asked why you see fit to discount the service of enlisted folks who join the Corps for the experience. (Which you never answered). Please try and keep up. Typical for sip to obfuscate and move goal posts. It's who you are.
wolfpack10
AG

Jock 07 said:

As per usual sip is incapable of doing its own research and must rely on daddy's superior knowledge.
OCS, OTS, PLC, SMP
Maybe in the future you'll pause and remember this moment before running your mouth about topics you have no clue about.
Also do the prior enlisted folks' service not pursuing a commission not count in your equation?
Oh wow. Where to start.

First: I'm not unaware of other avenues to a commission. You said that "other commissioning programs" bring the total percentage of CoC members who grow up to serve their country to 50% or more. I asked you which ones, specifically. I didn't know you meant, like, all of them.

Second: The article I linked earlier said "[A]t Texas A&M, usually 40-45 percent of cadets pursue a commission in either the Army, Air Force, Navy, or Marine Corps." I read this to mean that of every high and tight in the Corps, *via whatever avenue,* less than 1/2 take a commission (I guess we can assume that "pursue" is the same as "achieve"). You're telling me that after spending years in the Corps (an organization with a built in path to a commission), a *significant portion* of cadets chuck that and start over at square one in OCS, etc? Sounds strange. Convince me.

Former Aggie Band member, Bugle rank member, Cadet, and "fake soldier". Spent 4 years in Army ROTC, but didn't commission; wasn't for me.

Graduated with an engineering degree, worked as a civilian for 4 years.

Pursued an AF commission via OTS. Have deployed 3 times to the middle east. Currently overseas and still defending this dumbass sip's right to be ignorant.
GentlemansAgreement
wolfpack10 said:

Jock 07 said:

As per usual sip is incapable of doing its own research and must rely on daddy's superior knowledge.
OCS, OTS, PLC, SMP
Maybe in the future you'll pause and remember this moment before running your mouth about topics you have no clue about.
Also do the prior enlisted folks' service not pursuing a commission not count in your equation?
Oh wow. Where to start.

First: I'm not unaware of other avenues to a commission. You said that "other commissioning programs" bring the total percentage of CoC members who grow up to serve their country to 50% or more. I asked you which ones, specifically. I didn't know you meant, like, all of them.

Second: The article I linked earlier said "[A]t Texas A&M, usually 40-45 percent of cadets pursue a commission in either the Army, Air Force, Navy, or Marine Corps." I read this to mean that of every high and tight in the Corps, *via whatever avenue,* less than 1/2 take a commission (I guess we can assume that "pursue" is the same as "achieve"). You're telling me that after spending years in the Corps (an organization with a built in path to a commission), a *significant portion* of cadets chuck that and start over at square one in OCS, etc? Sounds strange. Convince me.

Former Aggie Band member, Bugle rank member, Cadet, and "fake soldier". Spent 4 years in Army ROTC, but didn't commission; wasn't for me.

Graduated with an engineering degree, worked as a civilian for 4 years.

Pursued an AF commission via OTS. Have deployed 3 times to the middle east. Currently overseas and still defending this dumbass sip's right to be ignorant.
It would seem you are part of the 45%. Thank you for your service and for defending my right to be ignorant. Sounds like I deployed first, and defended yours first, so . . . now we're even?

Or do you agree with Indianrider that enlisted men are losers? Totally okay with me if that's your opinion. Just curious.
GentlemansAgreement
Jock 07 said:

I provided a link to a credible source stating that 40-45% of the members of the Corps of Cadets will seek a commission.

Quote:

The "facts:" something less than 1/2 of the Corps will serve in the military. The rest of them will lay their lives on the line in 9-to-5 jobs.

The "fact": you never said anything originally about seeking a commission. You said serve, which is why I asked why you see fit to discount the service of enlisted folks who join the Corps for the experience. (Which you never answered). Please try and keep up. Typical for sip to obfuscate and move goal posts. It's who you are.

1. The CoC is a commissioning program.

2. Sources say 45% (tops) of the CoC will "seek" (not necessarily receive) a commission. If you have other sources (not including the "Welcome to Fish Camp" coloring book), I'm happy to consider them.

3. You claim the number of prior servicemen who have already (1) been there and (2) done that and now (3) just want to join the Corps "for the experience" (to relive the glory days of early reveille, mandatory PT, and awesome haircuts) but who (4) will not "seek" a commission, is more than an insignificant number (please spare me the story of that one guy who did that one thing that one time). I disagree. I am also happy consider your evidence to the contrary.
dermdoc
AG
Two questions

Are the Texas Cowboys fake Cowboys?

Does the Corps have at least 45% of their members go to serve?

This is not hard.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
GentlemansAgreement
dermdoc said:

Two questions

Are the Texas Cowboys fake Cowboys?

Does the Corps have at least 45% of their members go to serve?

This is not hard.

No idea how many of the Texas Cowboys might one day be real cowboys. Could be all of them. Could be none of them. Do you have any data on this? Either way, it does not upset me for you to say they're all fake Cowboys, or that none of them are.

The Corps has at least 40% of its members go on to serve.

I agree this is not hard. Why are you having so much trouble with it?
dermdoc
AG
Tell you what.

Go look at your two deep on the oline and dline vs ours.

Fake linemen?
GentlemansAgreement
dermdoc said:

Tell you what.

Fake linemen?
76-36-5. Fake football team?

Or would you say you have won "roughly half" of the games, thus giving you the lead?
dermdoc
AG

dermdoc said:

Tell you what.

Fake linemen?
76-36-5. Fake football team?

Or would you say you have won "roughly half" of the games, thus giving you the lead?
What is the record in your lifetime?

You realize we were basically the Citadel until then.

But then that is exactly what I would think fake Cowboys would post.
You were Texas

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.