Can't wait until a bunch of fake cowboys

17,524 Views | 169 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by David_Puddy
MooreTrucker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TetonDream said:

Doc remember I'm not a horn. I'm a Tech grad.
The points about ROTC and walking on the MSC grass remain. Tceh losers do those things as well.
Jock 07
AG
As per usual sip is incapable of doing its own research and must rely on daddy's superior knowledge.
OCS, OTS, PLC, SMP
Maybe in the future you'll pause and remember this moment before running your mouth about topics you have no clue about.
Also do the prior enlisted folks' service not pursuing a commission not count in your equation?
jja79
AG
Sip fans will hate the SEC but the SEC will hate them more.
GentlemansAgreement
Jock 07 said:

As per usual sip is incapable of doing its own research and must rely on daddy's superior knowledge.
OCS, OTS, PLC, SMP
Maybe in the future you'll pause and remember this moment before running your mouth about topics you have no clue about.
Also do the prior enlisted folks' service not pursuing a commission not count in your equation?
Oh wow. Where to start.

First: I'm not unaware of other avenues to a commission. You said that "other commissioning programs" bring the total percentage of CoC members who grow up to serve their country to 50% or more. I asked you which ones, specifically. I didn't know you meant, like, all of them.

Second: The article I linked earlier said "[A]t Texas A&M, usually 40-45 percent of cadets pursue a commission in either the Army, Air Force, Navy, or Marine Corps." I read this to mean that of every high and tight in the Corps, *via whatever avenue,* less than 1/2 take a commission (I guess we can assume that "pursue" is the same as "achieve"). You're telling me that after spending years in the Corps (an organization with a built in path to a commission), a *significant portion* of cadets chuck that and start over at square one in OCS, etc? Sounds strange. Convince me.
Dark_Knight
AG
As usual you have no idea what you are talking about.
The cadets aren't "starting over" nor have they wasted anything, they are simply taking other avenues to get a commission. There are even some non-regs who go these routes too....like going through Marine PLC, which is open to any college student.

Also the Corps isn't a built in path to a commission. You still have to compete for slots within each of the ROTC entities. Some times there are more cadets applying than slots available. These slots are determined yearly, based on the needs of the branches, and distributed amongst the ROTC programs around the nation.
Because I'm Batman!

GentlemansAgreement
Dark_Knight said:

As usual you have no idea what you are talking about.
The cadets aren't "starting over" nor have they wasted anything, they are simply taking other avenues to get a commission. There are even some non-regs who go these routes too....like going through Marine PLC, which is open to any college student.

Also the Corps isn't a built in path to a commission. You still have to compete for slots within each of the ROTC entities. Some times there are more cadets applying than slots available. These slots are determined yearly, based on the needs of the branches, and distributed amongst the ROTC programs around the nation.
This is also true of slots at OCS. "Subject to the needs of the service." So it makes no sense that your clearer path to a commission is to enroll at a senior military college and then NOT get a commission that way.

But let's say this is all 100% true. Theoretically (despite your lack of proof or supporting information), you will have proved that slightly more than 1/2 of the Corps actually serves in the military, instead of slightly less than 1/2?
Dark_Knight
AG
Going to a Senior Military School, you will be subjected to conditions similar to the academies. You will have a significant leg up on military training and bearing over those who just go through a ROTC program at some other college.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_senior_military_college
No matter what you do, there is no guarantee of getting a commission or even getting contracted in the first place. Lots of kids join the Corps for the experience, for growth.

Despite the % of cadets that take commissions, we still produce more officers outside of the academies.
Because I'm Batman!

Jock 07
AG
You continue to open your mouth and remove all doubt of your ignorance. There are plenty of reasons folks would pursue various avenues to a commission. Pay & scholarship opportunities among others. It was well known many of the marines preferred plc so they wouldn't have to deal with all the engineering coursework associated with NROTC. I knew of plenty of folks who commissioned via these other programs. But by all means feel free to continue digging and display your stupidity for all to see.

You still haven't answered why you don't feel prior enlisted service isn't worthy and that they're just pretending when many are combat vets.
dermdoc
AG
Yep. He called all of them fake soldiers.

Then started crawfishing.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
GentlemansAgreement
dermdoc said:

Yep. He called all of them fake soldiers.

Then started crawfishing.
Not all of them, Doc. Just most of them. As in, more than 50%.

More Harvard undergrads go on to be MD's than do graduates of any other university. But it's still a small percentage of the total. Do I have to call every Harvard student "doctor?"
GentlemansAgreement
Jock 07 said:

You continue to open your mouth and remove all doubt of your ignorance. There are plenty of reasons folks would pursue various avenues to a commission. Pay & scholarship opportunities among others. It was well known many of the marines preferred plc so they wouldn't have to deal with all the engineering coursework associated with NROTC. I knew of plenty of folks who commissioned via these other programs. But by all means feel free to continue digging and display your stupidity for all to see.

You still haven't answered why you don't feel prior enlisted service isn't worthy and that they're just pretending when many are combat vets.
Sigh. Aggie pedanticism at its finest.

According to me (and the article I linked), 45% of the *Corps of Cadets* will eventually serve in the military. The rest won't.

According to you, and your completely anecdotal and unsupported claims, this percentage is, at best, slightly higher.

If a kid doesn't want to fool with NROTC, great. Is this hypothetical non-engineer a member of the CoC at all?

You seem dead set on proving that some fraction of aTm's 60,000+ students do serve, have served, and/or will serve in the military. Congratulations. You have proved a point nobody disputes.

Fact: more than 1/2 the Corps is just playing dress up.
Muy
AG
You're an *******
David_Puddy
AG
GentlemansAgreement said:

DifferenceMaker Ag said:

Fake soldier?

Nope. That dude looks pretty legit. Do I have to show your entire French Horn section the same respect as this guy?

Show us your Texas degree Buscemi, you obsessed f'ing loser. You're about as subtle as a fart in an elevator
David_Puddy
AG

dermdoc said:

dermdoc said:

Quote:

Can you imagine those dorks defending the Alamo?
Which one these heroes is Davy Crockett?

Those are not Corps folks or "fake soldiers" as you derogatorily called them.

And there is no face painting

Quit lying.
"Derogatorily?" I'm just stating facts, brosephus. Despite their shiny boots and sweet haircuts, most of the Corps of Cadets (and the Aggie Band) will never, ever serve in the military.
Are the Aggies you pictured in the Corps? So what relevance do they have to your assertions about fake soldiers? And where did you say only some of the Corps were fake soldiers? You are crawfishing.

Quit lying.
I guess this fine crew of overall-wearing fashionistas has the same relevance to the Aggie band as the picture of the Hellraisers (to which I was responding) has to the Longhorn band.

About 60% of your band will never serve in the military. 100% of your band dresses up like soldiers. What do you call that?

You're a creepy b-stard that has gone through about 300 usernames in the 2 decades you've been here e-defending a school that you were too stupid to attend. You trying to question ANYONE going into the military is like Rosie O'Donnell telling someone they need to go on a diet.
dermdoc
AG
So basically he is a "fake" sip?

Oh the irony.

You were Texas.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Jock 07
AG

Jock 07 said:

According to me (and the article I linked), 45% of the *Corps of Cadets* will eventually serve in the military. The rest won't.

According to you, and your completely anecdotal and unsupported claims, this percentage is, at best, slightly higher.

If a kid doesn't want to fool with NROTC, great. Is this hypothetical non-engineer a member of the CoC at all?

You seem dead set on proving that some fraction of aTm's 60,000+ students do serve, have served, and/or will serve in the military. Congratulations. You have proved a point nobody disputes.

You're an idiot. As I have stated multiple times that number is derived exclusively from the ROTC commissions and doesn't take into account other commissioning sources, nor the prior service folks who have already served in the military who joined the Corps for the experience. Even though apparently their service doesn't count in your eyes. It seems that it is difficult for you to admit that you're wrong. I'd figured with as big a failure you are at life you would have long ago become comfortable with being wrong.
David_Puddy
AG
dermdoc said:

So basically he is a "fake" sip?

Oh the irony.

You were Texas.

Yeah, it's highwayman/Buscemi/patch or any of the other hundreds of usernames he's gone through. He's about as tough to spot as an elephant in a swimming pool.
BQ2017
AG
Lmao this dude Gentlemansagreement cannot stop seething. Quit being so obsessed
HornByBirth2008
dermdoc said:

Run around in the SEC yelling "We're Texas".

Yawn.
THE TRUTH
GentlemansAgreement
Jock 07 said:

Jock 07 said:

You're an idiot. As I have stated multiple times that number is derived exclusively from the ROTC commissions and doesn't take into account other commissioning sources, nor the prior service folks who have already served in the military who joined the Corps for the experience. Even though apparently their service doesn't count in your eyes. It seems that it is difficult for you to admit that you're wrong. I'd figured with as big a failure you are at life you would have long ago become comfortable with being wrong.
You seem pretty smart. So, just go ahead and tell me: what percentage of the Corps of Cadets has served, does serve, and/or will serve in the United States military? Or the military of any other country? In this, or any other universe?

Just in case you wanted to provide some facts (but why start now, amirite?) you could take a stab at the following:

1. What percentage of *the Corps of Cadets* actually get commissioned via *some other means?* Provide some evidence that it's more than zero. I'll listen. I understand, and agree, that any student at aTm could receive a commission via PLC, OCS, OTS, MECP, etc etc etc. But we're not talking about "any student." We're talking about members of the Corps.

2. What percentage of Aggies previously served in the military, then join the Corps (you know, "for the experience"), and then (a) don't take a commission, or (b) take one through some other source? Prove that it's more than zero. I'll listen.

3. 100% of the Corps wear military(ish) uniforms. Some percentage of them (as-yet undisclosed but *definitely* in excess of 45%, because of, like, all that stuff you said) never will be in the military. The never-will-be's are just playing dress-up. You seem to think that by stating this obvious fact, I'm disrespecting the military. Tell me why. I'll listen.
Dark_Knight
AG
Why do you insist on continuing to be a fking ******?

Why are so hung up on some mundane point? If you call the Corps fake soldiers, you might as well do the same with any cadet at the academies too, as they have no guarantee they'll commission either. Even at these % , we still commission the most officers outside of the academies.

The % changes every year...on average you're looking at half the Corps taking a commission. So that means you can **** on the other 50% because those choose not to or weren't selected? Some of those cadets will move on to enlist too, I've known a few to do that. Regardless, they've chosen to partake in something to make themselves better. How is that worthy of being crapped on?

It's also a fact that many cadets still commission outside of ROTC, this isn't a hard concept to accept. I'm not chasing down numbers for you, I'm not even sure they publish that anywhere.

I seriously can't tell if you're being obtuse on purpose or not. Your bias and cowardly attitude blinds you. I'm not surprised but it is a stark illustration of the cultural differences between tu and A&M.
Because I'm Batman!

dermdoc
AG
Are you a "fake" sip?
GentlemansAgreement
David_Puddy said:

You're a creepy b-stard that has gone through about 300 usernames in the 2 decades you've been here e-defending a school that you were too stupid to attend. You trying to question ANYONE going into the military is like Rosie O'Donnell telling someone they need to go on a diet.
1. I am definitely a creepy b-stard.
2. I do not have 300 usernames.
3. I have not been on TexAgs for 20 years.
4. I'm not "questioning" anyone "going into" the military. I'm questioning why you question me when I question you for pretending that "Corps of Cadets" = "military service."
5. I am 100% authentic teasip; I graduated from the University of the First Class. I agree that it is a very challenging institution, and admittance is difficult, and I can see why it's hard for you to imagine being admitted. Those SAT's are tricky, broklops!
Dark_Knight
AG
Nobody fking said the Corps of Cadets is the same as military service. Reading comprehension is hard for you tsips.

You still bought stars, you sitzpinkler. Pathetic.
Because I'm Batman!

Indianrider
AG
Texas A&M Class of 88. USMC Veteran. Now get off my lawn you punk ass BIATCH
GentlemansAgreement
Dark_Knight said:

Nobody fking said the Corps of Cadets is the same as military service. Reading comprehension is hard for you tsips.

You still bought stars, you sitzpinkler. Pathetic.
No. I definitely did not buy stars.

I'm glad we agree that Corps of Cadets =/= military service. They're dressing up.
GentlemansAgreement
Indianrider said:

Texas A&M Class of 88. USMC Veteran. Now get off my lawn you punk ass BIATCH
University of Texas class of '01. USMC Veteran. I'll stay on your lawn, thanks.
Dark_Knight
AG
It's still not dressing up...They're cadets...no different than cadets at a military academy....

If you truly are a veteran, you'd understand that distinction.
Because I'm Batman!

Indianrider
AG
You are a LIAR and I would be more than happy to drag your DUMBASS off my lawn
NonReg81
dermdoc said:

Run around in the SEC yelling "We're Texas".

Yawn.
You got too much time on your hands.
GentlemansAgreement
Indianrider said:

You are a LIAR and I would be more than happy to drag your DUMBASS off my lawn
Oh dear. You seem upset. I'll try to address your points in order:
I am not lying.
When used as a predicate nominative, "dumbass" is one word. Here, it is the direct object of the sentence, and therefore two words (one adjective, modifying a noun): "dumb ass."

I think I'm out of posts for the next few hours, but I'll leave you with the following:

https://imgur.com/930kvkm

https://imgur.com/B92afG5

According to the script, one of you will now tell me that I snuck into my boss' office and took these pics, or this is all a Photoshop, etc. It would be great if we could skip that part.

Edited for link fail. Sorry! I'm just a rookie.
ABATTBQ11
AG

dermdoc said:

*I* can't wait until a bunch of fake soldiers . . . Oh. That's already happened?

Never mind!
You mean all those "fake soldiers" who were in the Corps at A&M and then went to fight and die so you idiots could wave dildos around?

Look up how many commissioned officers came from the corps.

Then go look at your face painters.

Anybody but a sip would be ashamed.

And which letter are you in that picture? Got to be proud.
Um, no. I don't mean that. And neither do you, unless you're posting from 50+ years ago (if you are, good job! Write this down: (1) buy GOOGL and APL, (2) Y2K turns out to be no big deal, and (3) don't let the Dickerson kid keep the Trans Am. You're welcome.)

If you're posting from 2021 like the rest of us, then you (probably) know that aTm hasn't been a compulsory service institution for over half a century. And we've got ROTC at Texas also. Anybody but an Aggie would be ashamed to pretend that Longhorns have not fought and died in our armed forces.

I did enjoy the fake outrage, though. Maybe other Aggies will try that move in the future.

PS: where did you serve?

~40% commission, which equates to a couple hundred a year. The Corps produces more officers than any other school outside the academies, and FAR more the tu. Those tiny detachments you call an ROTC program commission maybe a couple dozen a year across all branches. I believe some of tu's programs also pull in cadets from surrounding schools, so they aren't all even sips.

We're an SMC, which requires a corps of cadets, and that gives anyone commissioning through A&M a guaranteed active slot. tu can't offer that.

Take your, "We have ROTC too!" and shove it right up your *** because it's not even in the same sport, much less the same league.
Indianrider
AG
Ok. He is supposed to be a SGT that graduated t.u. ? Sure Buddy. Even if that's all true ( it's not ) that means the Marine Corps wouldn't give you a Commission. LOSER
dermdoc
AG
This all started from me saying "fake cowboys" which obviously is true when talking about the Texas Cowboys.

Sip tried to respond with the analogy of the Corps being "fake soldiers" but when confronted with the fact that even by his numbers 45% are real soldiers which obviously makes this is obviously a completely idiotic comparison as all the Texas Cowboys are fake, not so much the Corps.

Still no explanation why his fellow sips like to mock the memorial to war dead and walk on the grass around our MSC.

Thank you for your service. You are a better man than me.

But to compare the Corps to the Texas Cowboys is idiocy.

You were Texas.

My wish is that the mighty sips open up at Bama or LSU. Y'all have zero idea what you are getting in to.
You are not in Kansas anymore Dorothy.

Enjoy the SEC.
GentlemansAgreement
Indianrider said:

Ok. He is supposed to be a SGT that graduated t.u. ? Sure Buddy. Even if that's all true ( it's not ) that means the Marine Corps wouldn't give you a Commission. LOSER
I see. You think I made all of this up, and actually faked a shadowbox of ribbons, and a Texas diploma? That's . . . really reasonable, and doesn't make you look crazy. At all.

Considered taking a commission. Decided not to.

But let's say for a second that's not true. Let's say the OSO laughed in my face and punched me in the junk. Enlisted Marines are losers? Enlisted Marines with college degrees who do not, cannot, and/or choose not to take a commission are losers? Strong take, Smedley Butler. I bet your Marines loved you.

Also, I have it on good authority (well, maybe not GOOD authority, but it has been said in this very thread) that lots of members of the Corps were prior enlisted, and then joined the Corps "for the experience" but did not take a commission. They're also losers, right?

Are the 60% (or 50%, or 55%) the Corps of Cadets who don't take Commissions (because they, like, ran out of them, or whatever) also losers?

I am really interested in hearing more of your thoughts on this. Semper Fi!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.