What are your thoughts on Texas Tech Football?

10,258 Views | 131 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Techsan_02
agent-maroon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

For Tech the best outcome is to land in the PAC with tu, OU and OSU.
That's the most achievable outcome for a P5 spot when the BDF finally dies, but we shouldn't give it much of a chance. Cali teams would make that a hard, hard sell. tard really should throw their resources into being a basketball school. Too many things working against them with football.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Canyon99
Big 12-0 said:

Serious discussion only.

Begin.

Big 12-0 dropping a line.
Madman
AG
Letting in Purple Baylor was another nail in the TT football coffin.

Both schools are recruiting for the most part DFW and West Texas. And 9 out of 10 times if those are the two best options for a kid, they are going to choose TCU and Ft. Worth over TT and Lubbock.

TetonDream
http://emclick.imodules.com/ls/click?upn=kfGjNWD-2B-2BYGsGmhx23umES3LicWlUhPK5PKiKpOHtmNYARKt5wSUQwq4I3LSBKpRZOQZuVWp54SZw7xLV4ZfrpRCnVrLRxSczMrgn5s8WmXRRYYSRcKbZrPV2gpJr-2FWObs-2FhvTgYYUDtnf0tTpnfCQ-3D-3DzkBv_-2FkSjIo-2B059-2B0h9m80UxxDr-2Bzj5e8WPwk3M4Lwk1QOCRJrgrEnCRX-2B-2F4IZR6-2BLhyz33aGs1XiHulgk-2FVILvDYQoAP18Gz-2BGbghHfQyqgMDGxp9FcnUm1XOD7SBxvoscIbGR31RvC42mIsCsRkXafS-2FHlWN5Nk1afr7TWbCNF-2BJbIZeOIhdVrkuitTGHZg07VFPcpQmEXhvTLon-2BgKM8lf33hxEuGbHJtDZ5dGnPabVycR7Hn0mYh5k4tf6DAMOpBzNxxD33bU4AFk9KwJgq61IqlgZWCTvHPU8LS0P0UwWwu30e31RHZu2i52sytZ-2Bsyta0yMefSfXK2Ahw2knxMntBmYDbT74nF3DE24RrIF-2Fw19YkNKDz33-2FhzEJeQw-2Bevk8hOUwN5McPUDudUmOATzmYC4ea3CeSfj-2Fz0VC-2B8K-2BgfSRimuTeMgNr4uqmdRXpEsQxHSKy3OLWwd3RIub5TwJGfcAmNCTHt8W2B4f-2BCQrcTisILGgwVAO9EHobtDOvcBA9hnksvFEL16x7yVz24B2A-3D-3D

Say what you want about Tech struggles in football. Tech exceeds most sports compared to aTm - men's basketball, baseball, softball, track, etc. And those in the business world recognize the true value of a Tech education. You guys just keep patting yourselves on the back and keep telling yourselves how great you are. Others know better.
DatTallArchitect
AG
How deep did you have to dig to find a link like that?
agent-maroon
AG
I recognized tech for what it was alright. Thought about it every time I drove past Lubbock and how I only had 450 more miles to College Station.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
TetonDream
Maybe you should have stopped. Writing this as I am building my dream retirement home in Jackson Hole. Have had a second home there for years but now moving full time. My closest neighbors are 2 other Tech grads. Not bad for a worthless school as you guys claim. No aTm grads anywhere around.
agent-maroon
AG
I grew up in Lubbock & Amarillo so I know all about tech. I had already been accepted to tech when the engineers on my scholarship committee talked me into taking a visit to A&M and offered me a learned opinion about the relative strengths of both schools. You already know the final decision

I did alright. There were 3 other former engineers in my medical school class. All Aggies.

I absolutely hate snow, but congrats on the retirement home.
Madman
AG
TetonDream said:

http://emclick.imodules.com/ls/click?upn=kfGjNWD-2B-2BYGsGmhx23umES3LicWlUhPK5PKiKpOHtmNYARKt5wSUQwq4I3LSBKpRZOQZuVWp54SZw7xLV4ZfrpRCnVrLRxSczMrgn5s8WmXRRYYSRcKbZrPV2gpJr-2FWObs-2FhvTgYYUDtnf0tTpnfCQ-3D-3DzkBv_-2FkSjIo-2B059-2B0h9m80UxxDr-2Bzj5e8WPwk3M4Lwk1QOCRJrgrEnCRX-2B-2F4IZR6-2BLhyz33aGs1XiHulgk-2FVILvDYQoAP18Gz-2BGbghHfQyqgMDGxp9FcnUm1XOD7SBxvoscIbGR31RvC42mIsCsRkXafS-2FHlWN5Nk1afr7TWbCNF-2BJbIZeOIhdVrkuitTGHZg07VFPcpQmEXhvTLon-2BgKM8lf33hxEuGbHJtDZ5dGnPabVycR7Hn0mYh5k4tf6DAMOpBzNxxD33bU4AFk9KwJgq61IqlgZWCTvHPU8LS0P0UwWwu30e31RHZu2i52sytZ-2Bsyta0yMefSfXK2Ahw2knxMntBmYDbT74nF3DE24RrIF-2Fw19YkNKDz33-2FhzEJeQw-2Bevk8hOUwN5McPUDudUmOATzmYC4ea3CeSfj-2Fz0VC-2B8K-2BgfSRimuTeMgNr4uqmdRXpEsQxHSKy3OLWwd3RIub5TwJGfcAmNCTHt8W2B4f-2BCQrcTisILGgwVAO9EHobtDOvcBA9hnksvFEL16x7yVz24B2A-3D-3D

Say what you want about Tech struggles in football. Tech exceeds most sports compared to aTm - men's basketball, baseball, softball, track, etc. And those in the business world recognize the true value of a Tech education. You guys just keep patting yourselves on the back and keep telling yourselves how great you are. Others know better.

Wow, recruiters like your grads in this one metric cherry picked from many and was done with a survey of those that chose to respond. End of discussion I guess, even though you couldn't stay on topic and had to fly this dumb blimp.

But since you did.

https://www.payscale.com/college-salary-report/best-schools-by-state/bachelors/texas

Y'all are doing alright but still just 7th in the state and well behind our 3rd. And all of us are behind Rice. How many of those grads are in your neighborhood? And internet bragging about your possessions is about like internet bragging about your size. Let me guess, 6'4", 275 lbs, and all muscle.

What's your bench?

Madman
AG
I like to internet brag too.

Im currently balls deep in Sierra Skye while typing this.
Ag83
AG
How hard can it be to prepare someone for a career in the pizza delivery industry?
TetonDream
You tell me. I never delivered a pizza in my life. Probably had a few delivered by students of many different universities over the years. Some were probably associated with Tech and some with aTm.
aTm is a fine school. No doubt about it. Just tired of hearing how superior you are compared to everyone else. Not supported by the unbiased data. Lots of fine schools in the state and nation. Just quit the arrogant superiority attitude. It's comical.
TetonDream
BTW,
Chief of Staff of the US Air Force - a Tech grad.

We just get stuff done instead of sitting around telling each other how great we are.
agent-maroon
AG
Bet you get a lot of that from all the Aggies wandering over your rivalry boards.

tech does actually have a rivalry board, right?
West Point Aggie
AG
Oooooo little tard created a profile just to get his Jackson hole head bashed in...your school and everything about it (city/fans) are trash...
Let’s Go Brandon!
80s Guy
Que?
TetonDream
Westpoint (or should I say Karen),

You are exactly why Aggie jokes have existed for decades.
Redstone
AG
Do we legit have tech fans on this board?

Or is this a troll to get some bans going, given mod changes since our heyday a decade ago?

If this is a troll.....

RESPECT
Redstone
AG
I vote troll, and love it.

I'm jealous I didn't think of this, but I am firmly against socks - otherwise I would have.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
TetonDream said:

BTW,
Chief of Staff of the US Air Force - a Tech grad.

We just get stuff done instead of sitting around telling each other how great we are.

I literally forget your school exists for long periods of time. I'm way too successful at this point in my life to have any tech grad coworkers or neighbors.
Redstone
AG
My wife is a tech grad. I can verify she is hot.

I do hope we attract some authentic tech frens here. I can assure you it will go amazing!!!
JWinTX
Well, the original question from the OP was about Tech football. The rest of the stuff you posted has nothing to do with that topic.

But hey, congrats on that new home in Jackson Hole!! Unless you are really jorts and are getting access to the internet in prison...
Madman
AG
I wonder it Teton knows that the OP is also special and by that I mean also a Red Raider?
West Point Aggie
AG
Madman said:

I wonder it Teton knows that the OP is also special and by that I mean also a Red Raider?

The thinner air up in the Tetons probably makes him unable to process much...thank god for this magical home in Jackson's hole...
Let’s Go Brandon!
AgCat93
AG
TetonDream said:

I thought the OP said serious discussion.
agent-maroon
AG
Quote:

I thought the OP said serious discussion.
Serious discussion about football IIRC.

But that sweet Jackson Hole retirement home tho. tard has it...
BQ_90
AG
Tech degree is now on par with its football program
DatTallArchitect
AG
TetonDream said:

You tell me. I never delivered a pizza in my life. Probably had a few delivered by students of many different universities over the years. Some were probably associated with Tech and some with aTm.
aTm is a fine school. No doubt about it. Just tired of hearing how superior you are compared to everyone else. Not supported by the unbiased data. Lots of fine schools in the state and nation. Just quit the arrogant superiority attitude. It's comical.
Here is you an unbiased comparison

Texas A&M:
https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges/texas-am-university-college-station-10366/reviews

Texas Tech:
https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges/texas-tech-university-3644

Bonus.... Cougar High is seen as a better learning institution than tech
https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges/university-of-houston-3652
ccatag
AG
JWinTX said:

Well, the original question from the OP was about Tech football. The rest of the stuff you posted has nothing to do with that topic.

But hey, congrats on that new home in Jackson Hole!! Unless you are really jorts and are getting access to the internet in prison...

It has to be painful for tehc supporters to straight-up accept the truth of tceh football. They'll say anything to change the subject.

The bdf is known as a power bottom conference and tceh has no power to be considered. tehc represents futility in reaching power bottom status. So sad.
culdeus
AG
I dunno, when they were good it was a hell of a lot of fun to watch. In a way I miss it for the sheer entertainment of it all.
Stinky T
AG
West Point Aggie said:

Madman said:

The thinner air up in the Tetons probably makes him unable to process much...thank god for this magical home in Jackson's hole...

Give the guy a break. When you live(d) in Lubbock, even El Paso seems magical. You have to give him credit for passing on Red River, Ruidoso, and Creede where the rest of the lucky Lubbock dwellers recharge their batteries and clean the dust out of their ears.
Dr. Mephisto
AG
TetonDream said:

Methinks the lady doth protest too much.
Big 12-0
My original intent with my question was to inquire opinion and serious thought on the state of Red Raider football without replying but to soak in the information. But then I read the "pizza delivery" label being thrown around and knew I HAD to respond.

This is no longer your "Year 2000" Red Raider. With the explosion of technology and my Masters of Subsistence Dispatch from GrubHub U, I deliver food from only the finest restaurants. Pizza is now passe'. I easily make three-figures a night from the comfort of my own car and the use of my I-phone. It's so less stressful than when I ran my own business and had to manage numerous secretaries.
Jack Cheese
thejavelina
It's interesting that Tech's three best coaches in last 50 years, Jim Carlen, Steve Sloan, and Mike Leach, were all run off by administrators. Makes one wonder if Tech really wants to be good.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.