What are your thoughts on Texas Tech Football?

10,280 Views | 131 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Techsan_02
nortex97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Tech's best hope is that Leach loses so badly, and loses all of his money in some sort of pyramid scam, that he has to go back to the proverbial drawing board for options, and new management @ tard grovels enough to pay him to return.

I don't think either happens. Imagine, if you will, that TAMU ran off Jimbo next year over something like yelling at a spoiled brat player he shouldn't have recruited/signed. And then decided to close the colleges of business, engineering, and focus on establishing a new campus in Big Spring. Or maybe Alamogordo.

And moved the football program to the big spring HS football stadium. Then joined the MAC, or sun belt or some crap place like that, and pledged allegiance to do whatever the sips wanted with the program ad infinitum. At that point, with 30 years time/attrition, TAMU football fans could relate to and think about Tech football again.
TetonDream
Get triggered much Karen?
agent-maroon
AG
You know there's a big difference between "getting under Aggie's skin" and just being annoying as hell, right? Because you kind of suck at this. Seriously.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Señor Chang
AG
Do you regret not trying harder in high school and not getting admitted to a better university?
Ag83
AG
Seor Chang said:

Do you regret not trying harder in high school and not getting admitted to a better university?
I was thinking he probably did try as hard as he could and tceh was basically reflective of his 'peak performance'.
Jack Cheese
AG
TetonDream said:

Get triggered much Karen?

Try some different catch phrases to sound relevant. But you may want to stay away from "asking for a friend" or "cry more". Try something less stale if you can.
TetonDream
score of 31 on ACT. Top 3% on the admissions test for professional school. Could have gone pretty much anywhere if wanted to. People used to stay closer to home way back then than today. Besides aTm didn't have many coeds back then. Why bother. Wasn't into male cheerleaders.
BQ_90
AG
TetonDream said:

score of 31 on ACT. Top 3% on the admissions test for professional school. Could have gone pretty much anywhere if wanted to. People used to stay closer to home way back then than today. Besides aTm didn't have many coeds back then. Why bother. Wasn't into male cheerleaders.
Wait who was the tard that posted here that always claimed he could have gotten into Harvard, he must be back.

And you wasted that ACT on ****ty tard degree to go along with your with your ****ty football team.

You chose poorly
TetonDream
Wait. You mean "Princeton on the Plains" doesn't count?
busdriver88
AG
I actually think this is an interesting topic, if the adults in the room can stay focused on the original question. Wife and I both graduated from TAMU, and moved up here for her to go to grad school at Tech. This was thirty years ago, and at the time of you had told me I was going to live in Lubbock for thirty years I would have killed myself.

However, I love this town. Great people, cheap to live here, and we have careers here that allow us to live very well, travel, etc. Great church home, kids are in a great school community, and my dad lives here now. So, while it is butt ass ugly in the winter, and the dust blows, we choose to live here. We could make a great living anywhere in the state.

Saying all that, I miss Tech being relevant in football. Make no mistake, living here while Leach was killing us sucked. I tell people up here that I experienced reasonable, decent folks that I considered my friends turn into raging *******s when Tech would beat the Ags. I am sure every fanbase has those idiots, but I have only experienced the Tech ones. But this town, and fall was more fun when you could get a tech fan to talk about their school. TBH the entire town now is so defeated about tech football that it barely even registers. I sure don't miss playing them, but if you live here it was fun to go to the tailgates, etc on Saturdays.

I don't know if Wells is the answer. Frankly, unless he catches lightning in a bottle, and gets a player or team that excites the fanbase, I get the feeling that the apathy is going to be hard to overcome.

As for the quality of the education, I get that Tech may not be rated as high as TAMU in alot of areas. I would suggest that what you get out of your college education is more a reflection of the effort and hard work you put into it. I graduated from TAMU, but frankly I did not work very hard. As such, I don't know that I really benefited or maximized my self out of college. Had a hell of a time though. My wife, on the other hand, worked her ass off, and is now a very successful surgeon here in town. I know a ton of Red Raiders that worked hard in school and do very, very well now. So I do think either school would set up a hard worker for success.

There may not be time to do the job right, but there is always time to do the job over!!
BQ_90
AG
TetonDream said:

so what was your previous username here tard
BQ_90
AG
Sir, this is the rivalries board.
Jack Cheese
AG
Well said. I had never once been to Lubbock till my loved one started there. Most of my prejudices were wrong. I hated Tech when they were beating the Ags (and shoving goal posts into our section) but now that we don't play them, I actively root for them.
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
Jack Cheese said:

Well said. I had never once been to Lubbock till my loved one started there.
Your loved on should have applied for the Blinn/A&M program instead of just giving up.
Jack Cheese
AG
Joe Schillaci 48 said:

Jack Cheese said:

Well said. I had never once been to Lubbock till my loved one started there.
Your loved on should have applied for the Blinn/A&M program instead of just giving up.

Thanks for the totally good-faith and well-informed advice! That program was an option, but not for the desired major.
West Point Aggie
AG
Funny how long this tard thread went...thanks to Jackson's hole mostly!!
Let’s Go Brandon!
Agsuffering@bulaw
So, I think they have bad leadership at the admin level. They could be decent with better. What do your sand flea friends and neighbors think?

ETA: by decent, I mean making a bowl 3/4 years
JD05AG
AG
Thoughts on tech:
busdriver88
AG
That is the point. You can hardly find any of them that care enough about the team to have any discussion. Now, they love them some Chris Beard, and Tadlock, but I cannot remember the last time I had anyone up here want to talk Tech football.
There may not be time to do the job right, but there is always time to do the job over!!
rootube
AG
Spike Dykes Years - Manageable but scrappy team that punched above their weight.

Mike Leach Years - I can't believe my eyes but Tech (for a brief moment) was better than A&M. For at least one night in Lubbock they were better by a disturbingly wide margin.

Since Leach left - It's sad what happened to Tech
Credible Source
AG
TetonDream said:

Westpoint (or should I say Karen),

You are exactly why Aggie jokes have existed for decades.

I bet there would be Tceh jokes too if anyone in the world even knew Tceh existed.
Bird Poo
AG
busdriver88 said:

I actually think this is an interesting topic, if the adults in the room can stay focused on the original question. Wife and I both graduated from TAMU, and moved up here for her to go to grad school at Tech. This was thirty years ago, and at the time of you had told me I was going to live in Lubbock for thirty years I would have killed myself.

However, I love this town. Great people, cheap to live here, and we have careers here that allow us to live very well, travel, etc. Great church home, kids are in a great school community, and my dad lives here now. So, while it is butt ass ugly in the winter, and the dust blows, we choose to live here. We could make a great living anywhere in the state.

Saying all that, I miss Tech being relevant in football. Make no mistake, living here while Leach was killing us sucked. I tell people up here that I experienced reasonable, decent folks that I considered my friends turn into raging *******s when Tech would beat the Ags. I am sure every fanbase has those idiots, but I have only experienced the Tech ones. But this town, and fall was more fun when you could get a tech fan to talk about their school. TBH the entire town now is so defeated about tech football that it barely even registers. I sure don't miss playing them, but if you live here it was fun to go to the tailgates, etc on Saturdays.

I don't know if Wells is the answer. Frankly, unless he catches lightning in a bottle, and gets a player or team that excites the fanbase, I get the feeling that the apathy is going to be hard to overcome.

As for the quality of the education, I get that Tech may not be rated as high as TAMU in alot of areas. I would suggest that what you get out of your college education is more a reflection of the effort and hard work you put into it. I graduated from TAMU, but frankly I did not work very hard. As such, I don't know that I really benefited or maximized my self out of college. Had a hell of a time though. My wife, on the other hand, worked her ass off, and is now a very successful surgeon here in town. I know a ton of Red Raiders that worked hard in school and do very, very well now. So I do think either school would set up a hard worker for success.

I can respect this. Know a ton of tards up here in Dallas and they are very good people. But let's face it - they hate Texas A&M. Couldn't get in, and they keep hanging onto that rejection.
busdriver88
AG
Yes, there is certainly an element of that.
TetonDream
PearlJammin said:

busdriver88 said:

I can respect this. Know a ton of tards up here in Dallas and they are very good people. But let's face it - they hate Texas A&M. Couldn't get in, and they keep hanging onto that rejection.

So that's why you guys hate UT so much. Now I know.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
you're running the same lame smack from like 2005.

boring af.
e=mc2
AG
TetonDream said:

PearlJammin said:

busdriver88 said:

So that's why you guys hate UT so much. Now I know.

What are you babbling about? Maybe someday tard will have a winning season. Worse than UNT and UTSA. WOW!
culdeus
AG
busdriver88 said:

That is the point. You can hardly find any of them that care enough about the team to have any discussion. Now, they love them some Chris Beard, and Tadlock, but I cannot remember the last time I had anyone up here want to talk Tech football.

Oh come on. Coach bro had them fired up.
Techsan_02
BQ_90 said:

TetonDream said:

so what was your previous username here tard
techsan_02

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.