Del has become Delost V 2.0

13,763 Views | 83 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by WC94
Ragoo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
But non over the last two?
Your Friend
Last UT game I went to was ND
goodAg80
AG
Your Friend said:

AgOutsideAustin said:

Ragoo said:

Your Friend said:

Granted I haven't been to Austin in a couple years, but no ****ing way is their traffic worse than Houston's.
you haven't been to Austin in a couple of years but you e-hump the horn honor everyday? Weird.

^^^^^^ this.
Dumbass' comments on tu game day, crowds, stadium, basically anything having to do with his t shirt school's games mean ***** Knew he never went to games and now the Dumbass admits it. Couldn't get in the school and can't afford to go to the games. Holy **** that's pathetic.

I've probably attended around 80 or so UT football games
Like in the parking lot?
Caesar4
AG
Your Friend said:

AgOutsideAustin said:

Ragoo said:

Your Friend said:

Granted I haven't been to Austin in a couple years, but no ****ing way is their traffic worse than Houston's.
you haven't been to Austin in a couple of years but you e-hump the horn honor everyday? Weird.

^^^^^^ this.
Dumbass' comments on tu game day, crowds, stadium, basically anything having to do with his t shirt school's games mean ***** Knew he never went to games and now the Dumbass admits it. Couldn't get in the school and can't afford to go to the games. Holy **** that's pathetic.

Why? Why would you, or anyone, associate themselves with that school? Must be a misguidance/misunderstanding/disconnect or association with many days gone by, IMO.

That horn school is s ****-storm in so many ways. I went to ExploreUT today with some extended family....
  • Horn campus is a disaster. Parking is atrocious (but at least it was free). Parking garages are archaic/crowded.
  • Buildings are old/decrepit. Even the newish Dell Computer Science building is cramped and underwhelming. Stairwells are too narrow. Rooms are small/unclean and poorly designed.
  • Campus is trashy, literally lots of trash.
  • Hard to get around (ADA-wise).
  • Possibly interesting one-time-events were scheduled at the same time, making attendance impossible. Who's in charge of planning? Why schedule one-time events at *the same time*?
  • Lots of the "booths" were just "crafts" for K-6 grade. What's the point of that? Generally speaking, what is the appeal of the *whole* ExporeUT event? Is it just to appeal to young kids so that UT can make their school appealing so that they can later reject them in order to try to increase their rejection rate? Community service is great/fine, but arts/crafts manifesting itself as "ExploreUT" is disingenuous.
  • Generally speaking, students at booths were not engaging. One of the CS events was just a viewing of the inside of a desktop computer. WTH? Why not do a demo of some sort (show a CPU melting without heat-sync, show a demo of various sorting algorithms, show new/possible learning, or interesting topics) instead of being a bump on a log manifested as a mouthbreather behind a table.

IMO, associating yourself with tu as some kind of default affiliation, possibly due to an affinity toward Texas, is way off base and out-of-touch. Horn education/facilities are crumbling from the inside and manifesting itself as dilapidated, uncaring, egotistical, and uninteresting and are doing a disservice to folks in Austin and Texas. Shameful.

In contrast, I was recently at an A&M on-campus public educational event. There, students were engaging, parking was convenient, and the activities were thought-provoking. To be sure, the Aggie event definitely had opportunities for improvements.

But, if I had to summarize, generally speaking:
  • Aggies and A&M seem to be trying to *make* a difference
  • Longhorns and t.u seem to be trying to *be* different and have no leadership.
Artimus Gordon
Last time I went to the rv/boat show, I was appalled at how nasty that area looked. Sidewalks were a mixture of treesap, bird doo-doo and whatever leaches out of the parking lots. Newspapers and somebody's home work papers were caught in little whirlwinds and blowing down the streets. The graffiti wasn't even interesting.

It was nice enough for some austinites to leave half eaten food on the benches for the homeless, but more times than not the crows beat them to it. It was too much trouble to put it in the trash can right in front of the bench. I guess the city of Austin doesn't own a pressure washer. Needless to say it wasn't worth going back to the rv show. Too bad that place is so damn filthy!
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Houston's traffic is hands down worse. It's not even close. You might be in stop and go on a 8 lane highway at 2 in the morning on a Tuesday. Austin gets bad for 4 hours a day.
BronkNagurski
Your Friend said:

AgOutsideAustin said:

Ragoo said:

Your Friend said:

^^^^^^ this.

mens room, 3rd stall on the left, behind section 105. Knock three times, then toe tap twice (for love).
Ragoo
AG
Your Friend said:

AgOutsideAustin said:

Ragoo said:

Your Friend said:

^^^^^^ this.

i began school at TAMU fall '04. That puts me at 33 years old. I just counted and I've been to 94 football games since my freshman year.

I figure you are at least 48, so why is your total so low mr super t-shirt fan?
GAC06
AG
You also have more than 0 credit hours at your favorite university
schwack schwack
AG
I'm still stuck on the "our Airport" comment.
Wildcat
AG
I for one, welcome another detached, egocentric, arrogant dumbass at the helm in Belmont.
Potcake
AG
Quote:

No it's a ****hole for traffic, it's nearly 2-3 hrs to go from downtown to pflugerville.

Why would you walk from downtown to Pflugerock?
American Hardwood
AG
Once Ocasio-Cortez and the dems get rid of air travel, will this really be a problem?
Agvet12
AG
Potcake said:

Quote:

No it's a ****hole for traffic, it's nearly 2-3 hrs to go from downtown to pflugerville.

Why would you walk from downtown to Pflugerock?

Assuming you've never tried to drive from downtown to burbs anytime between 2-6pm during the week / no idea about mornings but it's just as bad from what I've heard and read in the TxDot reports

Pflugerville does suck FYI
BohunkAg
AG
He may as well have "DORK" stamped across his dumb ass forehead.

David_Puddy
AG
Your Friend said:

Last UT game I went to was ND

Because you'd actually have to not be on Texags if you drive to Austin. You're pathetic
Potcake
AG
Hate on Austin all you want but 2-3 hrs is F***ing ******ed unless 35 is shut down.
texaglurkerguy
Caesar4 said:

Your Friend said:

AgOutsideAustin said:

Ragoo said:

Your Friend said:

^^^^^^ this.

Why? Why would you, or anyone, associate themselves with that school? Must be a misguidance/misunderstanding/disconnect or association with many days gone by, IMO.

That horn school is s ****-storm in so many ways. I went to ExploreUT today with some extended family....
  • Horn campus is a disaster. Parking is atrocious (but at least it was free). Parking garages are archaic/crowded.
  • Buildings are old/decrepit. Even the newish Dell Computer Science building is cramped and underwhelming. Stairwells are too narrow. Rooms are small/unclean and poorly designed.
  • Possibly interesting one-time-events were scheduled at the same time, making attendance impossible. Who's in charge of planning? Why schedule one-time events at *the same time*?
  • Lots of the "booths" were just "crafts" for K-6 grade. What's the point of that? Generally speaking, what is the appeal of the *whole* ExporeUT event? Is it just to appeal to young kids so that UT can make their school appealing so that they can later reject them in order to try to increase their rejection rate? Community service is great/fine, but arts/crafts manifesting itself as "ExploreUT" is disingenuous.
  • Generally speaking, students at booths were not engaging. One of the CS events was just a viewing of the inside of a desktop computer. WTH? Why not do a demo of some sort (show a CPU melting without heat-sync, show a demo of various sorting algorithms, show new/possible learning, or interesting topics) instead of being a bump on a log manifested as a mouthbreather behind a table.

IMO, associating yourself with tu as some kind of default affiliation, possibly due to an affinity toward Texas, is way off base and out-of-touch. Horn education/facilities are crumbling from the inside and manifesting itself as dilapidated, uncaring, egotistical, and uninteresting and are doing a disservice to folks in Austin and Texas. Shameful.

In contrast, I was recently at an A&M on-campus public educational event. There, students were engaging, parking was convenient, and the activities were thought-provoking. To be sure, the Aggie event definitely had opportunities for improvements.

do you feel better now?
Caesar4
AG
texaglurkerguy said:

Caesar4 said:

Your Friend said:

AgOutsideAustin said:

Ragoo said:

Your Friend said:

^^^^^^ this.

do you feel better now?
Yes and No.

Yes, better since time has elapsed. No, because the horn campus still needs work and your post reminds me of the underwhelming Saturday experience.

But, maybe the underwhelming experience is partially our fault because the extended family (including prospective students) were hoping to see examples of interesting things happening in computer science and environmental science. Maybe an individual campus visit is needed instead of of the massive "try to appeal to everyone and consequently appeal to nobody" circus event.

I understand the ADA aspect (hard to get around campus for disabled people) can take time (and money). But, can UT at least hire some crews to just maintain the grounds to not be an unpleasant eyesore:
  • pick up litter/debris,
  • do some natural landscaping instead of bare dirt/mud
  • clean buildings via pressure washing)

Heck, there could even be a UT student-led volunteer activity to clean up campus and areas of Austin, like the annual Big Event that Aggies started back in 1982. Even OU, UT-Arlington, UT-Tyler, Pflugerville ISD have their own Big Events.
Agvet12
AG
Potcake said:

Hate on Austin all you want but 2-3 hrs is F***ing ******ed unless 35 is shut down.

I agree it is, but that's the timeline from E Riverside to RR
Reed McDonald 92
AG
jblaschke said:

Quote:

Assume they're not a ton of eyeballs

Well I, for one, am no eyeball.
Deloss Dodds stayed in his job way past his shelf life. Overall, he did a good job for UT but towards the end, there were more missteps than successes.

I think Del Conte is doing a great job as AD. I've met him a couple of times and he's very personable and doing a great job leading the athletics program at UT.

Potcake
AG
What is Del doing in Germany?
Potcake said:

What is Del doing in Germany?
I met him in 2017-18 when I went to a football game and a couple of basketball games. These happened on visits back to Austin to deal with finances and family members.

BTW, I was able to get my potcake into Germany but it was no simple process. It required an EU registered vet.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Your Friend said:

AgOutsideAustin said:

Ragoo said:

Your Friend said:

^^^^^^ this.

How many classes did you attend?
Your Friend
None
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
Your Friend said:

None
Great Beard of Zeus said:

Your Friend said:

None

I don't think he's attended any classes at any time in any school in his life - elementary, jr. high, high school, jr. college...

Essentially, he has no class.
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
33 said:

Your Friend said:

None

I don't think he's attended any classes at any time in any school in his life - elementary, jr. high, high school, jr. college...

Who CDC?

33 said:

Your Friend said:

None

Who CDC?
No - "Your Friend" has no class.
David_Puddy
AG
33 said:

Your Friend said:

None

Dear weirdo Buscemi, this is what the majority of the alumni from the school you wish you attended think of you.
Your Friend
That's ok. Ill keep on truckin
ClassOf17
Was in the Austin airport earlier. First thing I saw was an a&M sign.
HeyMoe
AG
American Hardwood said:

Once Ocasio-Cortez and the dems get rid of air travel, will this really be a problem?

The real problem for the sips is when she goes after farting cattle.
Seasoned Lifeguard
Lol
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.