Texas University has the sh**iest looking college campus in the state

20,193 Views | 123 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Jack Cheese
Aggie304
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Was there doing some paid consulting and couldn't help how run down it's become

Homeless everywhere
Student nazi rally on corner of aTT conference center
All the buildings look like they should be condemned for safety especially that ragged mildew stained football stadium
Crack houses surrounding the south edge of campus

The transition to commuter school has really taken its toll, I'm shocked they were able to pay me the 8k to speak this morning, check will probably bounce
A_Gang_Ag_06
AG
There. Someone noticed you. Feel better?
Aggie304
No
Jaxson11
AG
It's very hard to tell the difference between the students and homeless. As a general rule, if a guy is carrying a dildo, he is a student.
HeyMoe
AG
Jaxson11 said:

It's very hard to tell the difference between the students and homeless. As a general rule, if a guy is carrying a dildo, he is a student.
.....and thread over.
vin1041
AG
LOL
huisachel
The students drive BMWs
Dr. Nefario
huisachel said:

The students drive BMWs

Found one.
ttu_85
Jaxson11 said:

That would be UT's new symbol replacing the longhorn..
digging tunnels
AG
Dr. Nefario said:

huisachel said:

The students drive BMWs

Found one.

dixichkn
AG
Jaxson11 said:

Homeless probably more likely to have shaved/showered at some point in the last couple of months as well
Texan1976
We were going to use tan brick and 60s Eastern Bloc architecture, but you guys beat us to the punch.
ghollow
AG
Dr. Nefario said:

huisachel said:

The students drive BMWs

Found one.

Did they steal that off of Big Tex?
So the greatest civilization is one where all citizens are equally armed and can only be persuaded, never forced. It removes force from the equation... and that's why carrying a gun is a civilized act.
Caesar4
AG
Oh! I misread yesterday, I thought this thread was about Texas State. I have no knowledge/experience of TxState.

I agree with OP about the horn campus. I've been on the horn campus off-and-on, usually twice a year or so in the last 5 years, but quite a bit more frequently before then.

It definitely has areas that are trashy and in much need of maintenance/repair. Their campus is also not very friendly to folks in wheelchairs or with strollers, either. Seems quite ADA-unfriendly in that regard.

IMO, they greatly need to invest in their infrastructure to make it presentable. It's kind of an embarrassment as it is.
HTownAg98
Texan1976 said:

We were going to use tan brick and 60s Eastern Bloc architecture, but you guys beat us to the punch.

Burdine Hall says hello.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/zug55/5250269839
Quote:

Burdine Hall--one of the exponents of modern architecture and easily the ugliest building on UT campus. It was built in the late 1960s and originally called North Classroom-Office Building.
petey88

Back before the longwhorn tv show was on the air, I met a guy that was wiring the sip campus for cable because of the new sip network. Forget how many million(s) he said it was going to cost, but he was happy, made a load of money.

He said the whole campus was filthy.

Do you sips ever clean up or just brag about it ?
goodAg80
AG
Texan1976 said:

Dah Tovarich. KGB demand RED brick for for classy engineering building.

Texan1976

The Texas Department of Corrections has better architecture.

Caesar4
AG
Some Aggie buildings are old, that's for sure. Your last pic is outdated, pre MSC remodel. The older buildings are a product of a different architectural time period.

But, at least the Aggie buildings are maintained, are clean, and have structural integrity, unlike the crappy ones on your tiny, congested, and crime-ridden campus in Austin. Suggestion: Get on the stick and do something about that crappy horn campus; it's embarrassing to all of Texas.

Here are some more recent buildings on A&M's campus. Try to keep up.

Texan1976
Your campus is an ugly dump. Everyone knows this.
BVAg85
AG
Isn't the white building 76 posted the old Zachary building that was torn down and replaced?
Caesar4
AG
Texan1976 said:

Ooh, that hurts. Baseless and unsubstantiated accusation from an anonymous person and his cat, from a basement

I doubt you've been on A&M's campus, at least recently. I've been at UT quite a bit, especially when my oldest was a student there.

There are some fine buildings on UTs campus, but those are the ones for "show". The majority of UT-Austin infrastructure (that students have to endure) is a mess. Nothing that money can't cure, if funds are available and someone has the cajones to apply funding. Here are some aspects:

• Hard to move around for pedestrians (especially disabled. I'm surprised nobody has filed an ADA lawsuit),
  • Parking stinks,
  • Poorly lit,
  • Crime,
  • Dirty buildings inside & out --> outside: mold, mildew, trash. inside: dirty floors, trash, painting needed, many exterior doors don't close well. Even 6th street (where many UT students part is now (as of 5-10 years ago) referred to as Dirty 6th because of filth.

But, feel free to keep your head in the sand. Your posts here certainly do nothing to improve UT's image, at all.
BVAg85
AG
When I was a student, we would go to Austin and their campus didn't look too bad then. When my oldest son attended school there, I was surprised at how run-down everything looked.
Trident 88
AG
tu is saving money by letting their campus get run down.

A&M is making money by letting in as many kids as possible.
Chosen One
Most campuses are functional but not beautiful. Rice is a beautiful campus as is SMU, even Baylor is beautiful. Today most schools are looking for functionality over beauty. UTSA being a prime example. In 2008 when I lived in Utah I went to a BYU/TCU game in Provo. The back drop was amazing as the school is built on the side of a mountain, but the campus was very plain, it was well maintained but plain. When my wife taught at Tulsa, they had a mixture of beautiful buildings with amazing architecture and building that looked horribly plain.
David_Puddy
AG
Chosen One said:

Most campuses are functional but not beautiful. Rice is a beautiful campus as is SMU, even Baylor is beautiful. Today most schools are looking for functionality over beauty. UTSA being a prime example. In 2008 when I lived in Utah I went to a BYU/TCU game in Provo. The back drop was amazing as the school is built on the side of a mountain, but the campus was very plain, it was well maintained but plain. When my wife taught at Tulsa, they had a mixture of beautiful buildings with amazing architecture and building that looked horribly plain.

Nobody gives a f-ck, you tights wearing queer
Caesar4
AG
Texan197 said:

The Texas Department of Corrections has better architecture.
Oh, forgot to mention that I'm not surprised that you're so intimately familiar with TDC. How's the parole going?
Science Denier
AG
A_Gang_Ag_06 said:

There. Someone noticed you. Feel better?

He got more stars than you.
Science Denier
AG
Texan1976 said:

We beat you homos in everything, don't we.
BVAg85
AG
I think a more important thread would be which campus has the most restrooms.
Caesar4
AG
BVAg85 said:

I think a more important thread would be which campus has the most restrooms.
Not a fair comparison. Every tree, trashcan, and dumpster in sip-land has a history as a restroom and/or "adult" recreation area. Check APD for details.
DifferenceMaker Ag
Almost the entire tu campus looks like a dilapidated Spanish penal colony. Emphasis on penal.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Texan1976 said:

This is your campus.... I'll take some old ugly buildings any day over this..

AggieBand2004
AG
BernArnold said:

Texan1976 said:

This is your campus.... I'll take some old ugly buildings any day over this..

They will never have a sufficient answer for this kind of embarrassment.
Though I'm sure plenty of our resident sips are "progressives" and thus proud of such idiocy.
Trident 88
AG
Dildo parades, etc. are to be expected when you live in a country where stupid people are free to live on the edges of the political spectrum.

How much longer will it be until facial recognition searches of the internet by employers become commonplace?
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.