Texas University has the sh**iest looking college campus in the state

20,243 Views | 123 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Jack Cheese
ttu_85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
goodAg80 said:

ttu_85 said:

I like the UT campus just fine. It has a big range of the old/new and different styles. Its not near as nice as Tech's but every time I get called in I leave with an invoice. And they pay promptly. Hook 'em.

Spent a lot of time on all three. When the sand is not blowing,** Tech wins that contest hands down.

** When the stockyard stench is not blowing.
** When the STDs are not spreading.
** When the tortillas are not flying.
** When the SATs are not failing
** When the Kliff is not defending

What !! I always thought flying tortillas added some zing to that classy Spanish Renaissance architecture.

Kliff defending ? Until this last season he had no idea what that even meant.
Caesar4
AG
Spent some time on the horn campus this weekend (most of the day Saturday & a few hours on Sunday), so I have a few things to add:
  • Lots and lots of trash on campus. Waller creek, on campus, is really trashy.
  • Campus roads are in sorry shape --> potholes/crumbling/cracks.
  • Many non-paved areas on campus are very much not well-kempt. Just dirt/mud/ruts.
  • Still lots of black mold on buildings.

It's almost as if nobody there cares, at all.
YouBet
AG
Caesar4 said:

Spent some time on the horn campus this weekend (most of the day Saturday & a few hours on Sunday), so I have a few things to add:
  • Lots and lots of trash on campus. Waller creek, on campus, is really trashy.
  • Campus roads are in sorry shape --> potholes/crumbling/cracks.
  • Many non-paved areas on campus are very much not well-kempt. Just dirt/mud/ruts.
  • Still lots of black mold on buildings.

It's almost as if nobody there cares, at all.

It's Venezuela. They will probably be serving hair at on campus cafeterias in short order.
Credible Source
AG
Caesar4 said:

Texan1976 said:

Your campus is an ugly dump. Everyone knows this.
Ooh, that hurts. Baseless and unsubstantiated accusation from an anonymous person and his cat, from a basement

I doubt you've been on A&M's campus, at least recently. I've been at UT quite a bit, especially when my oldest was a student there.

There are some fine buildings on UTs campus, but those are the ones for "show". The majority of UT-Austin infrastructure (that students have to endure) is a mess. Nothing that money can't cure, if funds are available and someone has the cajones to apply funding. Here are some aspects:

• Hard to move around for pedestrians (especially disabled. I'm surprised nobody has filed an ADA lawsuit),
  • Parking stinks,
  • Poorly lit,
  • Crime,
  • Dirty buildings inside & out --> outside: mold, mildew, trash. inside: dirty floors, trash, painting needed, many exterior doors don't close well. Even 6th street (where many UT students part is now (as of 5-10 years ago) referred to as Dirty 6th because of filth.

But, feel free to keep your head in the sand. Your posts here certainly do nothing to improve UT's image, at all.

Dirty 6th is the portion east of 35. It's called that because that where the gentrification is still happening. It's ghetto. That said, all of 6th street is ghetto as **** now. Also, UTs campus is nice, Inreally like it. Ours is cool too, both sides here are being hyperbolic.
MallalieuAg
AG
Aggie304 said:

Was there doing some paid consulting and couldn't help how run down it's become

Homeless everywhere
Student nazi rally on corner of aTT conference center
All the buildings look like they should be condemned for safety especially that ragged mildew stained football stadium
Crack houses surrounding the south edge of campus

The transition to commuter school has really taken its toll, I'm shocked they were able to pay me the 8k to speak this morning, check will probably bounce
Agree, the campus is ugly. I go to Austin for RRC hearings and I don't see how anyone can think t.u. is even nice. It doesn't even look like a college is there.
MooreTrucker
AG
Carl Hungus said:

Caesar4 said:

Texan1976 said:

Your campus is an ugly dump. Everyone knows this.
Ooh, that hurts. Baseless and unsubstantiated accusation from an anonymous person and his cat, from a basement

I doubt you've been on A&M's campus, at least recently. I've been at UT quite a bit, especially when my oldest was a student there.

There are some fine buildings on UTs campus, but those are the ones for "show". The majority of UT-Austin infrastructure (that students have to endure) is a mess. Nothing that money can't cure, if funds are available and someone has the cajones to apply funding. Here are some aspects:

• Hard to move around for pedestrians (especially disabled. I'm surprised nobody has filed an ADA lawsuit),
  • Parking stinks,
  • Poorly lit,
  • Crime,
  • Dirty buildings inside & out --> outside: mold, mildew, trash. inside: dirty floors, trash, painting needed, many exterior doors don't close well. Even 6th street (where many UT students part is now (as of 5-10 years ago) referred to as Dirty 6th because of filth.

But, feel free to keep your head in the sand. Your posts here certainly do nothing to improve UT's image, at all.

Dirty 6th is the portion east of 35. It's called that because that where the gentrification is still happening. It's ghetto. That said, all of 6th street is ghetto as **** now. Also, UTs campus is nice, Inreally like it. Ours is cool too, both sides here are being hyperbolic.
We just found Rainey Street. WAY better than 6th Street.
Skull Session
I was on the tu campus a couple of years ago and was surprised at how slummish looking and filthy it had become. Not at all what I had remembered when visiting HS friends who went to school there in the 70's. Heck just the traffic on l-35 is enough to make you want to avoid that area like the plague. Thank goodness for the toll road. You can avoid Austin all together!
David_Puddy
AG
This thread is one big case of irony when you've got dildos like ChoseMinnyState on here defending a campus that his dumbass never stepped foot upon. What a tights wearing goof
Gunny456
AG
teasip.....I tell you what lets compare total medal of honor, medal of valor, silver star, bronze star, etc. from former students and # of former students killed in action. Lets do that and see which one has paid the biggest price in alumni to keep this country free so you guys can do all your protest and demonstrating over the years.

You know, lets compare that...just for appearances of course.
Jock 07
AG
Gunny456 said:

teasip.....I tell you what lets compare total medal of honor, medal of valor, silver star, bronze star, etc. from former students and # of former students killed in action. Lets do that and see which one has paid the biggest price in alumni to keep this country free so you guys can do all your protest and demonstrating over the years.

You know, lets compare that...just for appearances of course.

User name checks out
aggiedad55
AG
My daughter, Fightin Texas Aggie Class of '00 went to tech medical school. She called me one morning in the spring while she was there and said "Dad, I am sitting in the parking lot of the Med School and I cannot see the building because the sand is blowing so bad".
I don't care how great the buildings are on that campus, the weather in Lubbock negates that.
Also how does all the sippers like the "rainbows" that are above the entrance door to a majority of the tu classrooms?
MooreTrucker
AG
That wind also keeps out pollution and Yankees. And really doesn't happen like she describes but one, maybe two, days a year.
TAMU bball fan
With no football game today, we'll have to resort to talking campus smack.
Loyalty
AG
Texan1976 said:

The Texas Department of Corrections has better architecture.

Da! a thing of beauty comrade...
Grits
AG
ghollow said:

Dr. Nefario said:

huisachel said:

The students drive BMWs

Found one.

Did they steal that off of Big Tex?

I need to make the longhorn logo with dildos for horns....
-OCHWFLAKASSBRTTEFE-
LonghornDub
Texan1976 said:

We were going to use tan brick and 60s Eastern Bloc architecture, but you guys beat us to the punch.
The tan brick and eastern bloc architecture is the new buildings. When Bear Bryant met with the Aggie Reps trying to get him to come to Aggieland, he asked how he was expected to recruit to a school with no girls and whose campus looked like a prison.
God made the country, and man made the town. William Cowper

Flexbone
LonghornDub said:

Texan1976 said:

We were going to use tan brick and 60s Eastern Bloc architecture, but you guys beat us to the punch.
The tan brick and eastern bloc architecture is the new buildings. When Bear Bryant met with the Aggie Reps trying to get him to come to Aggieland, he asked how he was expected to recruit to a school with no girls and whose campus looked like a prison.

I was just on Texas' campus about a month ago for a bar related event. It's an absolute ****hole. A&M and Tech are both a hundred times better, as are the towns they're in.
Schrute Farms
It's very much looking run down and in need of an upgrade. Once they pay off the three HCs on their football payroll, facilities would be a good upgrade.
LonghornDub
For just looks, the Texas university with the prettiest campus is the one I like least, and SMU and Rice come in Second and Third. UT and A&M are both architectural travesties of mismatched styles and lackluster colors due to failure to select a unifying principal and sticking to it.
God made the country, and man made the town. William Cowper

Jack Cheese
AG
Man, when I went to college in the late 80s I had good friends from HS that went to t.u. When I visited, it really seemed like a nice place, pretty vibrant.

When I have been back the last couple of years I've been pretty shocked at how run down things seem. The tower looks like garbage up close, in bad need of an update. Old dorms like Jester are an embarrassment too.

Worst of all is DKR, though. That place is just drab and dated. TBF outside the stadium on game day is great, lots of fun. But it just dies inside. Awful.

If A&M could do anything about the Rudder complex it would look a ton better imo. And Academic Building. It's pretty bad too.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.