Baylor's top 3 2016 recruits have not reported

12,173 Views | 76 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by wbt5845
Rocco S
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
As early as yesterday I've seen some Baylolr alumni I know already trying to turn this into a left wing media conspiracy. They are ready to move past this (even though the ****-show just started) and sharing articles about other schools that have had sexual assaults, going so far as to say "you know it's happening everywhere, especially at A&M".

What is it about stones and glass houses. Huge glass houses.

Is this what you heard at your Memorial Day party you wore your jorts with braided belt and worlds best friscodad tshirt to? I bet you slammed some blue moon
David_Puddy
AG
quote:
the sooner they get to campus. the sooner they can start conditioning. Even with no coaches, they can run from the press to get in shape.

*golf clap*
wbt5845
AG
quote:
Is this what you heard at your Memorial Day party you wore your jorts with braided belt and worlds best friscodad tshirt to? I bet you slammed some blue moon
What's wrong with braided belts?
North American Flagship

quote:
Tren'Davian ****son, WR, Navasota;
LOL, Texags filters.
It's Tren'Davian Dickson, by the way.

Muy
AG
quote:
quote:

no ****, aren't they cool? would they go well w/ Rocco's bird chest?
JR69
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

no ****, aren't they cool? would they go well w/ Rocco's bird chest?
They were cool with Madras Plaid Bermuda shorts and penny loafers or deck shoes about 50 years ago.
Dock
quote:
Tren'Davian
wbt5845
AG
*** 6/1/16 UPDATE ****

The following TEN members of the 2016 class did not report to campus yesterday:

JP Urquidez - 4* OL
Devin Duvernay - 4* WR
Parrish Cobb - 4* DB
Kam Martin - 4* RB
Patrick Hudson - 4* OL
Brandon Bowen - 4* DE
Jared Atkinson - 3* WR
Kenan Ivy - 3* DB
Donovan Duvernay - 3* ATH
Dequinton Osborne - 3* DT

No word on who, if any, is looking for a release. Just that these guys were supposed to be on campus to start summer school on Monday and were not.

That's six of their nine 4* recruits not on campus. Brutal.
GAC06
AG
quote:
*** 6/1/16 UPDATE ****

JP Urquidez - 4* OL
Devin Duvernay - 4* WR
Parrish Cobb - 4* DB
Kam Martin - 4* RB
Patrick Hudson - 4* OL
Brandon Bowen - 4* DE
Jared Atkinson - 3* WR
Kenan Ivy - 3* DB

No word on who, if any, is looking for a release. Just that these guys were supposed to be on campus to start summer school on Monday and were not.

That's also going to hurt from a numbers standpoint. You can't replace 10+ scholarships in the middle of the summer. Depending on the signing rules, they may not be able to make up the difference next year either.
jackie childs
quote:
quote:

That's also going to hurt from a numbers standpoint. You can't replace 10+ scholarships in the middle of the summer. Depending on the signing rules, they may not be able to make up the difference next year either.

Baylor may want to get accustomed to having fewer than 85 scholarships available...
wbt5845
AG
So they aren't giving 10 releases from LOI. And some of those kids are just weighing options and will eventually report once they realize a damaged Baylor is still their best option.

If any of those kids have some college hours already, maybe they can go the JUCO route, graduate, and have 4 years to play 3. Or they just go a year without scholly at the school they wanna go to (maybe get grants to help pay tuition) and then have all their elegibility left.

This is Grobe's job #1 right now is to get these guys on campus.
The Collective
AG
quote:
*** 6/1/16 UPDATE ****

JP Urquidez - 4* OL
Devin Duvernay - 4* WR
Parrish Cobb - 4* DB
Kam Martin - 4* RB
Patrick Hudson - 4* OL
Brandon Bowen - 4* DE
Jared Atkinson - 3* WR
Kenan Ivy - 3* DB

Damn.
AgGrad99
AG
I wish the Ags could get Bowen, Cobb and Hudson
wbt5845
AG
I'd love to cherry pick that list too. And they'd be freebies - they'd go against 2017. Couldn't play this year, though.
Matsui
AG
I'd expect the majority of them to report for fall.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
quote:
So they aren't giving 10 releases from LOI. And some of those kids are just weighing options and will eventually report once they realize a damaged Baylor is still their best option.

If any of those kids have some college hours already, maybe they can go the JUCO route, graduate, and have 4 years to play 3. Or they just go a year without scholly at the school they wanna go to (maybe get grants to help pay tuition) and then have all their elegibility left.

This is Grobe's job #1 right now is to get these guys on campus.

Why wouldn't they? You really think they want to risk more bad PR? Especially when it is because they are forcing people to do things against their will, again?
Slwdsm
quote:
I'd love to cherry pick that list too. And they'd be freebies - they'd go against 2017. Couldn't play this year, though.

I'm pretty sure if they are released from their LOI they could play this year and would count for 2016.

Lampkin was a 2015 recruit, even though he didn't receive a release from tu till September. He lost no eligibility, but had missed most of fall camp and was only a 3star to begin with.
wbt5845
AG
quote:
quote:

I'm pretty sure if they are released from their LOI they could play this year and would count for 2016.

Lampkin was a 2015 recruit, even though he didn't receive a release from tu till September. He lost no eligibility, but had missed most of fall camp and was only a 3star to begin with.

IF they are released. I still don't think Baylor will release them.
dixichkn
AG
quote:
I wish the Ags could get Bowen, Cobb OR Hudson
Hyman taught me to manage my expectations
titanmaster_race
There is no way the ncaa would let baylor hold their LOI's hostage. It might take some time for the veto to come down from the NCAA, but I highly doubt they don't let these kids go somewhere else without penalty.
Joe Exotic
AG
quote:
There is no way the ncaa would let baylor hold their LOI's hostage. It might take some time for the veto to come down from the NCAA, but I highly doubt they don't let these kids go somewhere else without penalty.

Agreed. Not to mention the media disaster it would be. Opposing coaches would have a field day for future classes as well.
91AggieLawyer
AG
quote:

I'll reiterate what I said earlier that was missed: how many of these students have actually finished HS and graduated? School is not out, folks. There's no reason to expect them on campus until they are finished with high school.
The Collective
AG
quote:

I'll reiterate what I said earlier that was missed: how many of these students have actually finished HS and graduated? School is not out, folks. There's no reason to expect them on campus until they are finished with high school.

Probably true. Even still, I see sips turning their attention to this list on social media. Why would Baylor allow them to even consider transferring in conference and aren't the sips in danger of violating the 85 schollie limit?
wbt5845
AG
quote:
quote:

I didn't miss it - I ignored it because it proves you're not familiar with how college football works.

Scholarship football players are expected to report for summer school - they're on scholarship - and it doesn't matter if they've graduated yet. My son reported for summer school at his college a week before high school graduation, flew back in to walk the stage and flew right back.

I have a son graduating this weekend from high school who hasn't set foot on his high school campus in the last two weeks because he's in Ohio preparing for a summer activity related to his college major.

Those kids are supposed to be on campus and enrolled for summer school. Some may have chosen to enroll 2nd session but that sure as hell wasn't what Briles expected of them when they signed with Baylor - he expected them there May 30.
Dock
Duvernay brothers will sign with TCU

Wish he'd get the f*** out of the BDF. Kid is an absolute freak.
OilFieldIRI
S
Package deal...
GAC06
AG
quote:
quote:

Probably true. Even still, I see sips turning their attention to this list on social media. Why would Baylor allow them to even consider transferring in conference and aren't the sips in danger of violating the 85 schollie limit?

If Hudson gets out of his LOI, Charlie would trap door someone in a heartbeat if he could get Hudson. Team rules violation. Core values.
I thought I saw somewhere that Texas had 81 scholarships so (if accurate) they would have 4 scholarships available.
soso33
quote:
Seven members of Baylor's 17th-ranked 2016 recruiting class are requesting releases from their national letter-of-intent, including four ESPN 300 recruits and the Bears' top three rated signees.

Baylor's 2016 class that signed in February ranked as the best in school history, but signees Patrick Hudson, J.P. Urquidez, Jared Atkinson, Kameron Martin, Parrish Cobb and Donovan Duvernay have already requested releases from their NLI that bind them to the university, sources close to all seven confirmed. Fellow signee Devin Duvernay, the No. 3 ranked receiver in the ESPN 300 and the top prospect in Baylor's class, intends to request his release and is close to completing that process.

[url=http://espn.go.com/college-sports/recruiting/football/story/_/id/15884704/seven-baylor-bears-recruits-ask-national-letter-intents][/url]
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/recruiting/football/story/_/id/15884704/seven-baylor-bears-recruits-ask-national-letter-intents
The Collective
AG
quote:
J.P. Urquidez

Is this the player that got all pissy (his dad included) when we didn't offer him on the spot at junior days?
soso33
Look at how bad the PR is getting as it relates to the recruits

quote:
"J.P. should be afforded the opportunity to go to a university that is not riddled with investigation, not labeled with sexual assault and rape," said Julian Urquidez, the father of ESPN 300 offensive tackle signee J.P. Urquidez of Copperas Cove (Texas) High School. "He should be afforded the opportunity to go to a university that is safe."

quote:
"I don't feel comfortable at all sending my son to be in that type of environment," she said. "I didn't raise him like that. Whether the allegations are true or not, there's too much going on there. I'm sending him to school for an education and not for all the extra problems there at Baylor. I don't think Baylor is the fit for him."

quote:
"All of us, the guys who didn't show up, we're good guys and we want to do what's best for our family. It's just not a good environment. We just want Baylor to do the right thing by releasing all of us."

The Collective
AG
g'damn.
wbt5845
AG
7 guys would cripple this class. 2017 is gonna suck worse.
Mathguy64
AG
That's brutal. Just brutal.
Cynical_Texan
AG
And Mond decomitted today...

Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.