Randolph Duke

769,196 Views | 3764 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by goodAg80
BeowulfShaeffer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Brite Divinity School at TCU is affiliated with the Disciples of Christ, but the main university isn't particularly associated any more.

Similar situation over in Dallas with SMU--the Perkins School of Theology remains a United Methodist seminary, but the main body of the university isn't "under" the UMC anymore.
JR69
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

Sorry. Always made the assumption they were CoC. But are they affiliated any more? I know that Baylor really isn't connected to the Southern Baptists any more.

From Wikipedia

Quote:

TCU is affiliated with, but not governed by, the Disciples of Christ.

I grew up attending churches of the Disciples of Christ, commonly called "The Christian Church" as in 1st Christian Church, Ridglea Christian Church, etc. Both of my younger sisters attended TCU and the older of them is a graduate.

When I was a Boy Scout in Ft Worth, we were privileged to usher TCU football games. For a little bit of work (it was never crowded) we got in free and got to stay and watch the game. I only remember a couple of their players, but they are notable ones - Jim Swink and Sonny Gibbs.

TCU is definitely NOT Baylor-like.
Tom Doniphon
Wasn't the DOC Church originally an offshoot from the Church Of Christ?
Guitarsoup
AG
Both have roots in the Stone-Campbell movement.
Tom Doniphon
That's what i was thinking... thanks.
JR69
AG
Tom Doniphon said:

Wasn't the DOC Church originally an offshoot from the Church Of Christ?
No exactly, although according to Wikipedia they share the same roots. I honestly don't remember my church history since I left the church over 50 years ago.

Again, from Wiki

Quote:

With the merger, there was the challenge of what to call the new movement. Clearly, finding a Biblical, non-sectarian name was important. Stone wanted to continue to use the name "Christians." Alexander Campbell insisted upon "Disciples of Christ". Walter Scott and Thomas Campbell sided with Stone, but the younger Campbell had strong reasons and would not yield. As a result, both names were used. The confusion over names has been present ever since.[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Church_(Disciples_of_Christ)#cite_note-22][21][/url] Prior to the 1906 separation, congregations would typically be named "Disciples of Christ," "Christian Church," and "Church of Christ." However, there are different practices by each. More than the name separates each church. For example, the "Independent Christian Church" will not accept a woman as a minister while some of the "Disciples of Christ" congregations will. These different congregations (Disciples of Christ, Church of Christ, and Independent Church) share many of the same beliefs and practices but there are, in fact, some differences.
depriest1022
AG
I am really confused. Is Randy now a DoC member or is this a long aside?
JR69
AG
depriest1022 said:

I am really confused. Is Randy now a DoC member or is this a long aside?
Wait - I thought he became SECDEF

Just a 1 page thread hijack - my apologies
Madman
AG
http://www.chron.com/business/bizfeed/article/Texas-A-M-grads-among-ranks-of-top-Fortune-500-11280217.php

Suck it Randy
DeepEastTxAg
AG
Redneck agggszyeieyyey reporting obviously.
realestateguru
AG
Dan Sattlefield, you are repeating yourself. Must be that undiagnosed aspergers again. What do you have against Rev?

Quote:

The a g g y we know today is not the **** that was prior to WWII. One of the major influences on a g g y culture was when the soldiers who served during the war picked their lives back up in the late 40s. The soldiers returning from the war were not required to participate in the fake army bull$#@!. The idiots just entering **** as 18 year old redneck morons felt they needed to be extreme in their following of the fake army bull$#@! and tradition turned into turdition. They idiot rednecks in the late 40s put the turd into turdition.

This was the period when a mutt became an inbred beaded collie that smalls to day of Pantene and they had to go to Ohio to find, yes, the a g g y mascot is so far removed from any connection with Texas that they had to get their latest inbred version from a breeder in Ohio. Evidently, no one in Texas wants anything to do with bearded collies. Yay, Ohio!

The fake army $#@! went off the rails in the late 40s, the nut grabbing, the sanctimonious "muster" crap started, the 12th man radio history was replaced with the fraudulent story they claim today. Pretty much all the fraudulent, redneck idiot crap we know today as **** started in the late 40s.

They had a mutt that was ok and they *******ized it into the $#@!ed up, inbred, Pantene scented freak show they have today. Their entire culture has devolved into a freak show of a culture.

But the pathological dishonesty is something I just don't get. If a g g y was everything they say, why would they have to lie about almost every aspect of their culture?
CDUB98
AG
Good gawd, what a lunatic.
HTownAg98
He needs to get his doctor to up his meds. That bloviating was the most incoherent "writing" I've seen of his.
CanyonAg77
AG
I want to know how he's getting close enough to smell Rev, and why the sick so-and-so is doing so?

And to help the poor idiot out, this is a Rough Collie, like Rev

This is a Bearded Collie

Hope that helps.
p_bubel
Quote:

But the pathological dishonesty is something I just don't get.
projection

/pro' jekSH(o)n/

Projection is a theory in psychology in which humans defend themselves against their own unconscious impulses or qualities (both positive and negative) by denying their existence in themselves while attributing them to others. For example, a person who is habitually rude may constantly accuse other people of being rude. It incorporates blame shifting.

According to some research, the projection of one's unconscious qualities onto others is a common process in everyday life.
ChipFTAC01
AG
To his point, I think having a bearded collie would be a pretty cool mascot.
Madman
AG
Belgian Malinois

realestateguru
AG
HTownAg98 said:

He needs to get his doctor to up his meds. That bloviating was the most incoherent "writing" I've seen of his.
And to think he assists his girlfriend in proofreading. http://www.to-the-letter.com/

Dan-A 55 year old man should own their own house instead of living on your girlfriend's couch.
Guitarsoup
AG

I've always loved the look of the Rhodesian Ridgeback. Would be a unique dog for a mascot.
CanyonAg77
AG
Rev should be a mutt or a retired military working dog.
MooreTrucker
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

Rev should be a mutt or a retired military working dog.
I agree with this.

The fact that he refers to Rev, a purebreed, as "inbred" just shows that he's spouting off sh*t just to make himself sound important and full of knowledge about A&M, but really has no clue about how the world works.
CanyonAg77
AG
It's been fun to ridicule him, but I have the same question about him that I did about MFBarnes.

What the **** is wrong with you?

It's some sort of mental illness to be online this much, fixated on one thing.

(Said the guy with nearly 60K posts on TexAgs)
VivaLaLefty
AG
Not that I want to split hairs or anything, but a dog being purebred means it's been inbred with the same breed of dog over and over without outside genes making it "impure." It's the reason you end up with a lot of genetic defects like breathing/snout problems in bulldogs or hip problems in German shepherds. Alternatively, it's what makes mutts such great dogs.

Side note: what years were you in Moore?
We SECeded where others failed.
CanyonAg77
AG
The health problem with breeds comes because idiot fads in the way breeds look. Inbred German Shepherds were fine until some idiot decided sloping rear hips looked cool
VivaLaLefty
AG
Yeah, it's a shame what we've done to some once good looking breeds. Never forget when looking at a yapper-dog that it used to be a wolf.
MooreTrucker
AG
VivaLaLefty said:

Not that I want to split hairs or anything, but a dog being purebred means it's been inbred with the same breed of dog over and over without outside genes making it "impure." It's the reason you end up with a lot of genetic defects like breathing/snout problems in bulldogs or hip problems in German shepherds. Alternatively, it's what makes mutts such great dogs.

Side note: what years were you in Moore?
Deaf dalmatians are a result of that, too.

I was in Moore Spring '78 through Spring '79.
Guitarsoup
AG
Guess PETA listens to Randy and thinks we are a branch.

45-70Ag
AG
Ha ha

Dumb asses
Tom Doniphon
DayAg!
S
Quote:

Pantene scented freak show they have today. Their entire culture has devolved into a freak show of a culture.
Would someone please get Dookie to explain C-oc-ks not Glocks. If that wasnt a freak show, I dont know what one is.
IDAGG
AG
Oh Gawd that is funny. PETA freaks. About par for the course with those nit wits.
VivaLaLefty
AG
I've got so many bones to pick with PETA. We can no longer dissect cats in our A&P labs because of them. Luckily we have a stockpile that can be used by the TA's, but students aren't allowed to learn with them anymore. Nevermind the fact that the cats we used were going to be euthanized regardless, they just had issue with the fact we were using them in a gasp teaching lab. Congratulations PETA. You've done nothing to help, and harmed the education of students in Texas.

Alright. Rant over. Eff those guys.
BiochemAg97
AG
VivaLaLefty said:

I've got so many bones to pick with PETA. We can no longer dissect cats in our A&P labs because of them. Luckily we have a stockpile that can be used by the TA's, but students aren't allowed to learn with them anymore. Nevermind the fact that the cats we used were going to be euthanized regardless, they just had issue with the fact we were using them in a gasp teaching lab. Congratulations PETA. You've done nothing to help, and harmed the education of students in Texas.

Alright. Rant over. Eff those guys.
Kinda ironic given PETA's animal shelter and their track record of putting most animals in their care to death.
Guitarsoup
AG
BiochemAg97
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Yeah, don't think that can happen. Pretty sure tu BOR get to decide total PUF distribution and then it is apportioned by formula according to Texas constitution. Seem to recall when they wanted more money for austin med school, tu BOR had to increase distribution across the board so A&M ended up with more too.
First Page Last Page
Page 66 of 108

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.