Randolph Duke

769,201 Views | 3764 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by goodAg80
DeepEastTxAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This entire thread should be a case study published in the American Journal of Psychiatry.
Biz Ag
AG
His obsessive ramblings make Glen Close's character in Fatal Attraction seem rational.
McInnis80
"Randy"'s idea of selfless service is writing long wind baloney while living in Mommy's basement.
BiochemAg97
AG
Kinda confused how a long winded diatribe isn't "look at me, look at me".
Tom Doniphon
I see that narcissistic bast--rd is off his meds again.
FILO505
AG
I'd like to remind you of my invitation for you and I to have a sit down, Randolph. You can message me and we'll find a nice, quiet place to chat. I get that you're a complete sociopath. I just want to see, in person, whether you're actually this way or one of the most impressive, dedicated trolls ever.

Please. PLEASE. Let's have a sit down. If nothing else, I really wanna see what a complete waste of oxygen truly looks like. And then I'm gonna show you what a true man of the Agricultural and Mechanical College of Texas regularly accomplished, without seeking a single accolade or desiring recognition.

And I know you read this...
Squadron7
AG
I distinctly remember something in one of the Stephen Ambrose books about Rudder jumping up and down shouting, "Look at me! Look at me!" after scaling the cliff at Pont du Hoc.
FILO505
AG
Squadron7 said:

I distinctly remember something in one of the Stephen Ambrose books about Rudder jumping up and down shouting, "Look at me! Look at me!" after scaling the cliff at Pont du Hoc.
CanyonAg77
AG
Squadron7 said:

Even funnier if you know that Rudder basically blew off Cornelius Ryan when Ryan was collecting stories for The Longest Day.

In addition, Rudder had an unwritten policy of "Rangers don't need medals". There is a book That Fool Lieutenant by Edlin (name if both from memory, so probably wrong). He describes being put up for a MOH and talking to Rudder about it. Rudder told him no other Ranger had a MOH, so Edlin refused his.
Squadron7
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

Squadron7 said:

Even funnier if you know that Rudder basically blew off Cornelius Ryan when Ryan was collecting stories for The Longest Day.

In addition, Rudder had an unwritten policy of "Rangers don't need medals". There is a book That Fool Lieutenant by Edlin (name if both from memory, so probably wrong). He describes being put up for a MOH and talking to Rudder about it. Rudder told him no other Ranger had a MOH, so Edlin refused his.

Plus....Rudder did some pretty important stuff during the Battle of the Bulge that really didn't come out until the Hatfield bio.six years ago.
45-70Ag
AG
What did he do during the battle of the bulge?
rayneag
AG
realestateguru said:

Quote:

As for the world of cybersecurity, I have pointed out before that the information age has largely passed TAMU by. Not a single company anywhere in the world has come to College Station to capitalize on **** intellectual capital as applied to computer technology. a g g y is literally one of the last places one would look to find the next generation of cyber geniuses.

I guess Pixar doesn't use computer technology.

Pixar and Aggies earn Oscars

Official Pixar Recruiting
Squadron7
AG
Irish_Man said:

Remember that the main reason the German offensive failed is that the Germans were not able to make a strict timetable before the allies caught on. Without going into a lot of detail Rudder, in his little corner of the lower shoulder of the Bulge, tied up a bunch of Germans in a brilliant delaying action that they simply could not recover from time-wise. It's a good read.
aggiejim70
AG
Squadron7 said:

CanyonAg77 said:

Squadron7 said:

Plus....Rudder did some pretty important stuff during the Battle of the Bulge that really didn't come out until the Hatfield bio.six years ago.
For some information on what was going on in General Rudder's life in and around the time of the Battle of the Bulge, let me suggest The Execution of Private Slovik by W. B. Huie. This book was given to me by a couple of C.O. applicants from the University of Colorado that I was processing as a battery commander some 45 years ago. I liked to fell out of my chair when the General and Texas A&M were mentioned. What the author wrote about A&M flies in the face of the allegations made by the teasip in question.

The person that is not willing to fight and die, if need be, for his country has no right to life.

James Earl Rudder '32
January 31, 1945
CanyonAg77
AG
The Amazon link to Edlin's book. It's a good read.

https://www.amazon.com/Fool-Lieutenant-Margo-Heinen/dp/0970525702

Quote:

personal account of D-Day and World War II as told by Ranger Robert Edlin, Platoon Commander of A Company, 2nd Ranger Battalion. Using a single hand grenade, he and his all-star patrol captured an entire German garrison of 800 people, earning him the Distinguished Service Cross and the title - "The Fool Lieutenant". The Rangers were an elite group of the Army Infantry - all volunteers. The Army Ranger exemplified the highest standards of courage, determination, ruggedness and fighting ability
The action that gained him a nomination for MOH?

Basically, he walked into the commandant's office at a German fort with his Tommy gun and a grenade and asked "Are you going to surrender or what?"

The commandant and 850 men surrendered.
Jock 07
AG
Squadron7 said:

Irish_Man said:

Remember that the main reason the German offensive failed is that the Germans were not able to make a strict timetable before the allies caught on. Without going into a lot of detail Rudder, in his little corner of the lower shoulder of the Bulge, tied up a bunch of Germans in a brilliant delaying action that they simply could not recover from time-wise. It's a good read.
Wait. So randy goes and claims that Texas Aggies can't do anything without an ulterior motive of just wanting to seek out recognition. But while doing so more details of Rudder and his "fake" rangers accomplishments come out. Details that even most Ags don't know about? Awesome. randy is a colossal failure, both in his personal life and in life's mission of defaming those mean stooooooooopid aaagaaaggahgyyies.
CanyonAg77
AG
http://today.tamu.edu/2014/09/30/texas-aggies-honored-in-bastogne-james-earl-rudder/
Quote:

Following two months of moving into France, Colonel Rudder was given the command of the 109th Infantry Regiment, 28th Division on December 8, 1944 the eve of the Battle of the Bulge. The 109th was placed into offensive action at once, defending against a crippling German assault into the Hurtgen Forest and the Ardennes. Rudder entrenched his exposed left flank and armed to stop the German advance to Luxembourg. As the enemy moved down the Sure River, Rudder devised a delaying action and counter attack that halted and defeated the German advance at Grosbous and thus, proved a major factor in preventing the enemy from taking Bastogne at Christmas. Following this action, the U.S. Army formed "Task Force Rudder" to eliminate all enemy forces on the south side of the Sure River and west of the Oure River in advance of General George Patton's Third Army sweeping move into the heart of Germany. In January 1945 the 109th liberated Colmar, France one of the last major cities held by the enemy and liberated by Americans.

"Both the 109th Infantry Regiment and Colonel Rudder are due the rightful recognition for slowing down the German attack that was a major factor in the defense of Bastogne."
Thomas M. Hatfield

YellowPot_97
AG
Quote:

I struggle to think of an **** who served their community, their state, or their country without seeking attention or accolades for doing so

Soooo you've never heard of people doing things that they don't talk about doing? Strange how that works.
ABATTBQ11
AG
When did Randy become SECDEF?
ClassOf17
ABATTBQ11 said:

When did Randy become SECDEF?

He's the SECDEF of Texas University
BiochemAg97
AG
Interesting how in list of threats, Randy forgets about bioterrorism. Maybe we already solved that threat with our Center of Excellence.
tamc91
AG
So it would seem a good measure of a school's alumni approach to service could be honors bestowed to those who went above and beyond their duty, often under extremely difficult conditions even the the point of great personal sacrifice. Maybe a comittee of military historians working on behalf of the U.S. Congress would be a good body to determine when true valor and selfless sacrifice is shown. I believe just such an award exists and it is the Congressional Medal of Honor.

Current count of alumni or former students who have recieved the MOH:

TAMU - 8
t.u. -1 (based on answers.com, but I can't confirm a name through the school's official or related websites).

Considering the school in Austin was larger than Texas A&M during both WWI and II, it is somewhat surprising that they don't at least have a couple of MOH winners, but then again, maybe not.

t.u. seems to be more interested to highlight famous entertainers (Jayne Mansfield, Matthew McConoughey, Janus Joplin, Farrah Fawcett, Cronkite, and so on).

Typically entertainers would fall into the "hey, look at me, look at me" category, versus the Medal of Honor recipients.
45-70Ag
AG
I'm not sure an MOH recipient would be looked upon in a favorable light at that school.
realestateguru
AG
So let me get this straight. The sips claim two MOH winners. One is Stidham a fine graduate and the other is Neel Kearby a fine graduate of UT.......Arlington. Charles M Satterfield is the biggest obsessed hypocrite. You never cease to amaze me.

Quote:

I am working on some research to debunk a couple of **** Medal of Honor fairy tales. I believe only two Medal of Honor recipients claimed by **** actually graduated from A&M. Of course, the biggest **** MOH fairy tale is that the MOH recipients had anything in common with today's ****, but that is a discussion for another day.
MooreTrucker
AG
realestateguru said:

So let me get this straight. The sips claim two MOH winners. One is Stidham a fine graduate and the other is Neel Kearby a fine graduate of UT.......Arlington. Charles M Satterfield is the biggest obsessed hypocrite. You never cease to amaze me.

Quote:

I am working on some research to debunk a couple of **** Medal of Honor fairy tales. I believe only two Medal of Honor recipients claimed by **** actually graduated from A&M. Of course, the biggest **** MOH fairy tale is that the MOH recipients had anything in common with today's ****, but that is a discussion for another day.

The Aggie MOH recipients are "former members of the Texas A&M Corps of Cadets"...from the tamu.edu website. Has it been claimed that they graduated from A&M? I suspect some did, and others did not...and might have even died in the battle that earned them the medal before they had a chance to finish here.

The only "fairy tale" aspect of any of this is what comes from his demented mind.

And again, I'd just point and laugh at this idiot if he weren't trying to defame actual war heroes that fought and died for this country.
McInnis80
I think "Randy" should spend some time researching that honored UT graduate Edward Lee Howard.
Caesar4
AG
That dork Randy is a drive-by longhorn.

He's so busy obsessing on the Aggies (past, present, future) that he doesn't realize that he's wasting his life.

Meanwhile, much to his chagrin, many Aggies just keep accomplishing and contributing to society (just like many students, fans, and former students of other schools/colleges/universities).

Randy, for goodness sake, get a life!

Also, I'll just leave this here: Texas A&M Heads Fortune Magazine 2017 CEO List

Quote:

With four former students serving as CEOs of some of the largest companies in the United States, Texas A&M has the most of any university in Texas and is only matched by the University of Michigan. Other schools on the Fortune list include Cornell University and Harvard University, both with three CEO graduates.
tamc91
AG
I'll make it easy on Randy and do some research for him.

3 of the MOH recipients recieved degrees from A&M.

Many Aggies enlisted before finishing school. At least 2 of the Aggie MOH recipients were killed in action (Keathly and Hughes), so it is understandable why they were unable to complete a degree. Keathly had to withdraw from shool for financial reasons.

Harrell stayed in the Marines for treatment (hand was blown off by a grenade) and went to work for the VA as soon as he was discharged. Since he had a federal job with the VA, there wasn't a need to come back for a degree and who knows if his injuries could have been accommodated very well at that time.

Carswell is the only one that has a degree from another school (started at A&M but graduated from TCU), but he had 3 or 4 uncles that were Methodist preachers so there could have been some family pressure or funds involved.

Clarence Sasser came to A&M after Vietnam and was recruited personally by Rudder. Left school to work in an oil refinery and later the VA.

Anyone can nit pick, but no matter how you look at it since the early 1900's A&Ms contributions in our Country's times of greatest need for leadership have been far superior to t.u.'s. There is really not comparison. I would think that is one area that even Randy would avoid tredding into, but he's obviously delusional so maybe not.

CanyonAg77
AG
Minor nitpick, TCU is Church of Christ, not Methodist.

And while it's easy to focus on the MOH recipients, countless others had amazing careers. I think the count of flag rank Aggies is now around 270. Countless Ags have received high honors, such as Olin E. Teague, who, speaking of computers, had the computer center at A&M named for him. It was where NASA astronauts came in the 1960s to train on computers, but I guess A&M doesn't know anything about computer science.

We've had CoS of the Air Force, pilots for AF1 and Marine One, Astronauts, etc. etc. An Aggie was the highest ranking combat casualty of Vietnam (Hochmouth). Bernard Shriever '31 achieved four-star rank, and was the father of the Air Force ICBM program.
JR69
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

And while it's easy to focus on the MOH recipients, countless others had amazing careers. I think the count of flag rank Aggies is now around 270. Countless Ags have received high honors, such as Olin E. Teague, who, speaking of computers, had the computer center at A&M named for him. It was where NASA astronauts came in the 1960s to train on computers, but I guess A&M doesn't know anything about computer science.

We've had CoS of the Air Force, pilots for AF1 and Marine One, Astronauts, etc. etc. An Aggie was the highest ranking combat casualty of Vietnam (Hochmouth). Bernard Shriever '31 achieved four-star rank, and was the father of the Air Force ICBM program.
Nope - Disciples of Christ
goodAg80
AG
JR69 said:

CanyonAg77 said:

Nope - Disciples of Christ
Correct DoC
CanyonAg77
AG
Sorry. Always made the assumption they were CoC. But are they affiliated any more? I know that Baylor really isn't connected to the Southern Baptists any more.
Jock 07
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

Bernard Shriever '31 achieved four-star rank, and was the father of the Air Force ICBM program.

And has a base named after him while he was still alive as well. Falcatraz became Schriever AFB in 1998. Only AFB that has been named after a living person.
ClassOf17
Hey Randall, I just started a business and; you know if you ever need a job, you can mop my floors or something. May not be ideal but you can get your life back on track.
tamc91
AG
I didn't say TCU was Methodist, just that his uncles were.

The comparison of MOH recipients is a simple means if comparison. There are certainly many other measures, but the problem is Randy has such a warped view of reality that he will do mental pretzel twists to argue against a black and white issue and inject his lies and fantasies into them.
First Page Last Page
Page 65 of 108

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.