Randy Duke will NOT be happy

46,696 Views | 264 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by BQZip01
Teslag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I was a valedictorian. Not only could I have gone to Texas, but my tuition would have been waived. Told them to **** off.
TexasAggie008
AG
does anyone know how old the guy is?
stick93
AG
quote:
I was a valedictorian. Not only could I have gone to Texas, but my tuition would have been waived. Told them to **** off.

Home Schooled?
Teslag
AG
Don't be jelly
Tom Doniphon
53ish. tu class of 84 IIRC.
mid90
AG
quote:
But of course.

As an example, imagine Vince Young's house burned down. My first thought would be "damn that's too bad."

If JFF's house burned down, they would have MS Paint jokes about it posted within the hour.

That might be true for you, but if you think there isn't a large amount of posters on this board who would whip out the crylol smileys as soon as they heard about VYs house burning down, you're lying to yourself.
BQ08
AG
quote:
quote:
But of course.

As an example, imagine Vince Young's house burned down. My first thought would be "damn that's too bad."

If JFF's house burned down, they would have MS Paint jokes about it posted within the hour.

That might be true for you, but if you think there isn't a large amount of posters on this board who would whip out the crylol smileys as soon as they heard about VYs house burning down, you're lying to yourself.

Yeah, I totally remember all the c/lols when Mack Brown's house burned.

Oh wait...
jickyjack1
quote:
If only Texas A&M did as wonderful a job of honoring the fallen of WWI as the sips. Then we could have a fountain that we pretend was built to honor WWI vets with this lovely little dedication:

"To the men and women of the Confederacy, who fought with valor and suffered with fortitude, that States Rights be maintained, and who not dismayed by defeat nor discouraged by misrule, builded [sic.] from the ruins of a devastating war a greater South. And to the men and women of the nation who gave of their possessions and of their lives, that free government be made secure to the peoples of the Earth, this memorial is dedicated.

The Gift of George W. Littlefield, Solider in the Confederate Army, Leader in Texas Industry, Regent of the University"

Not quite what those liars claim: http://www.texasexes.org/uthistory/campus-tour.aspx?tourstop=0

The spelling "builded" was correct usage.

And it is a lovely dedication. That it is not politically approbated currently, or that the Longhorns by historical sleight-of-hand disavow it, informs to no effect the nature of the sentiment expressed.

That we accept today's reality should not require us to reject an honest past.
Slwdsm
I wouldn't cry/lol about vints house...

I may quietly question if he did it for insurance money... But I wouldn't c/lol
HarleySpoon
AG
Once I was certain that no one was hurt, I would be keen to see if he had been using the toaster to dry his clothes. But.......I would not use the laugh/cry emoticon.
NoneGiven
AG
quote:
quote:
If only Texas A&M did as wonderful a job of honoring the fallen of WWI as the sips. Then we could have a fountain that we pretend was built to honor WWI vets with this lovely little dedication:

"To the men and women of the Confederacy, who fought with valor and suffered with fortitude, that States Rights be maintained, and who not dismayed by defeat nor discouraged by misrule, builded [sic.] from the ruins of a devastating war a greater South. And to the men and women of the nation who gave of their possessions and of their lives, that free government be made secure to the peoples of the Earth, this memorial is dedicated.

The Gift of George W. Littlefield, Solider in the Confederate Army, Leader in Texas Industry, Regent of the University"

Not quite what those liars claim: http://www.texasexes.org/uthistory/campus-tour.aspx?tourstop=0

The spelling "builded" was correct usage.

And it is a lovely dedication. That it is not politically approbated currently, or that the Longhorns by historical sleight-of-hand disavow it, informs to no effect the nature of the sentiment expressed.

That we accept today's reality should not require us to reject an honest past.
That fountain was unveiled in 1933. Nearly 70 years after the Civil War had concluded. Even the artist knew that former slave owner's design was a mistake.

Go wave your confederate flag elsewhere.
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
whatever.

The point here is that they tout the fountain as a WW1 Memorial, when it is a civil war memorial. There's nothing wrong with the inscription... and dont give me any **** that the civil war was fought over slavery.
WestAustinAg
AG
About the fountain. It does have the Confederate inscription:

quote:
To the men and women of the Confederacy, who fought with valor and suffered with fortitude that states' rights be maintained and who, not dismayed by defeat nor discouraged by misrule, builded from the ruins of a devastating war a greater South and to the men and women of the nation who gave of their possessions and of their lives [so] that free government be made secure to the peoples of the earth this memorial is dedicated.

Littlefield was pissed by the northerners redefining what the South and the Confederacy were all about. So he wanted a monument to the confedereacy and saw Utx as a southern university. The artist, an italian, however wanted Littlefield to make the fountain a part of a bigger monument to the divisiveness of the Civil war that was later healed by the unity of the US during the Great War. He wanted pillars and statues of Jefferson Davis and Woodrow Wilson to flank the central figure, Columbia.

Littlefield soon died in 1920. It appears that the president of the school resisted both Littlefields vision in full and that of the artist and moved the statues to other areas of the campus. The inscription still stands and it is an irritant to them now.

http://www.austinchronicle.com/news/2015-05-29/written-in-stone/
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
quote:
(The official name of which "Frank Erwin Center for Entertainment and Sports" or "F.E.C.E.S.")

Damn you! I actually looked that up.
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
(The official name of which "Frank Erwin Center for Entertainment and Sports" or "F.E.C.E.S.")

When it opened, it was the "Special Events Center" or SEC. A few years later Erwin died and they renamed it. One of the suggested names was "Frank Erwin Center for Events and Sports." Until someone pointed out FECES acronym. That idea didn't make the final cut.
e=mc2
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

When it opened, it was the "Special Events Center" or SEC. A few years later Erwin died and they renamed it. One of the suggested names was "Frank Erwin Center for Events and Sports." Until someone pointed out FECES acronym. That idea didn't make the final cut.

Should have called is ***gotland.
hunter2012
AG
Eat your heart out Randy

A&M commits website to explaining the 12th Man origins, and why it's unique to Texas A&M
aggiehawg
AG
Royal was the AD at the time it was built and then renamed. He told one of his buddies about it, laughing, of course, at how close they had come to naming it that.

That buddy was a good friend and client of mine. He told me about it. It never came up the few times I was in Royal's presence.
e=mc2
AG
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
Eat your heart out Randy

A&M commits website to explaining the 12th Man origins, and why it's unique to Texas A&M
I'm sure he will be on DefCon Alert when he finds out about this. It is primarily a rehash of what was already on the TAMU tradition web-site.
Aggie Joe 93
AG
quote:
quote:
Eat your heart out Randy

I'm sure he will be on DefCon Alert when he finds out about this. It is primarily a rehash of what was already on the TAMU tradition web-site.

Not sure what his argument will be; but since he's used the word "fraudulent" ever since he was first proven wrong.
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Eat your heart out Randy

Not sure what his argument will be; but since he's used the word "fraudulent" ever since he was first proven wrong.
He will exhort some other shag poster to file a FOIA request, no doubt.
Credible Source
AG
quote:
That guy is as dumb as a post. Given the amount of $$$ NFL teams make and how much they can profit from marketing they would have sued A&M if our trademark was "fraudulent". NFL teams are looking at marketable items over the long haul, they had no ground to stand on for a lawsuit so they changed their marketing. Even Texas is enforcing their trademarks and the shag lost its damn name. He's legal knowledge could barely fill a thimble.

Except for Bird Law. He'll go toe to toe with anybody on bird law.

Aggie Joe 93
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Eat your heart out Randy

He will exhort some other shag poster to file a FOIA request, no doubt.

Which could be fulfilled by a link to the 12thman.com website.
aggiehawg
AG
Our esteemed colleague has spoken:

quote:
Lol. Do you really think those lying idiots are going to answer any of my questions honestly? The entirety of the **** "traditions" are built on dishonesty.

Does anyone even see an opportunity to ask questions of give feedback?

Those chicken$#@! $#@!s. No opportunity to ask about E King Gill's 1964 muster speech when he explained the whole "12th man" thing was a fantasy.

Typical scared **** pieces of $#@!. Lying *******s. Chicken$#@! *******s.

Not very surprising they left this out of their timeline. $#@! ****.

Jock 07
AG
quote:

quote:
Lol. Do you really think those lying idiots are going to answer any of my questions honestly? The entirety of the **** "traditions" are built on dishonesty.

Those chicken$#@! $#@!s. No opportunity to ask about E King Gill's 1964 muster speech when he explained the whole "12th man" thing was a fantasy.

How many hours did that pooooooor worthless ******* Randell spend scouring the microfiche in the College Station library to find that article?

He just can't come to grips with how our traditions evolve organically while all of theirs are quite contrived.
ac04
jesus, he is absolutely seething in that last reply. he seems less and less stable lately. hopefully this season is so bad for them and also so great for us that he finally ends it all.
hunter2012
AG
quote:

quote:

I don't see wtf is incriminating in that article. Is it the fact that Gill downplayed it? It's well known that he was a humble man.
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
I don't see wtf is incriminating in that article. Is it the fact that Gill downplayed it? It's well known that he was a humble man.

Do you honestly think the word "humble" is even in Duke's vocabulary???? Much less the whole concept?????

He would never understand a man or woman who was self-deprecating. Now that I think about, there aren't many sips who have ever had that quality. Our esteemed colleague is made in the mold that way.
aginlakeway
AG
If Charles would had put this much effort in marriage, he wouldn't have had such a bitter divorce.

I'm glad his ex-wife is now married to an Aggie. She's obviously MUCH better off.

I wonder if his anger is why his family is so quick to distance themselves from him ...
bedofbrass33
AG
quote:
Auschwitz Station Prarie Scrub Mumbai College of Engineering Catastrophes and Agoraphobi

These people are ****ed in the head. Nazi and concentration camp references reveal a broken, black soul.

The horrors inflicted on millions across all boundaries of humanity have no place in good natured smack talk.

Women who live in the town of Dachau surrounding the former camp specifically go to other cities to give birth. They don't want the name Dachau on their children's birth certificates. Most Germans still will not discuss the Holocaust out of shame.
Dale Earnhardts Stache
AG
How has this board not ruined this guy's life yet?
NoneGiven
AG
quote:
quote:

quote:

You are talking about the guy that thinks rain prevents one from digging a trench.
hunter2012
AG
I haven't heard that story...
hunter2012
AG
quote:
jesus, he is absolutely seething in that last reply. he seems less and less stable lately. hopefully this season is so bad for them and also so great for us that he finally ends it all.
I would never wish suicide on anyone, especially for someone with so much hate because they might lash out on their way to oblivion. Here's a much better fate:

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.