Randy Duke will NOT be happy

46,164 Views | 264 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BQZip01
aginlakeway
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
http://www.wfaa.com/story/sports/nfl/seahawks/2015/08/14/12th-man-seahawks-texasam/31753553/
45-70Ag
AG
Is randy even around anymore?

With the Adidas news and this, he might be in an asylum or 6 ft under
FL_Ag1998
AG
Yeah, while that chicken**** hasn't come around here anymore, he's still posting on the "Tell me about Texas A&M" thread on the shag, proclaiming to the world how the SECN is a total failure, Clay Travis is a lying idiot, and we're all a bunch of dumb rednecks. And his followers keep jerking off to the thought of Randy putting Clay Travis in his place.

In other words, same ol' same old.

Meanwhile, the other point of focus on that thread is our stadium of course. Those morons have taken a picture of a worker on the third deck next to the temporary wooden safety railing, and since they're too stupid to realize its temporary, are laughing at how ****ty our new stadium will be.

You can't make this **** up.
AgsForTheWin
AG
Who is this Duke fellow? That paralegal who went to Sam Houston State?
agsteve77
AG
the duck of death
Tom Doniphon
I'm sure that deranged, obsessed, lunatic sumb-tch, has a better legal understanding of trademark law than anyone within the Seahawks organization.

Advantage Satterfield.
Kceovaisnt-
AG
Yeah they are picking on sect. 113 and the statues. They may have some ground there. But over the last year, they have pointed how crappy our renovations looked citing photos of our west side while the old grandstands were still up. Nevermind that there was still a second phase that was a minor detail. Then they started the narrative that the new facade looks like a kroger signature. I thought that was funny but they were really leaning on that idea like it was a serious mark against us. Kind of a reach IMO. Now the temporary fall protection railings have become a a serious point of shaggfodder. The fact that they try so hard to hold Kyle Field in that regard. It just makes me sad that fanbase has lost its balls. They used to be fun to talk trash to.
aginlakeway
AG
Have the sips ever been to their OWN stadium? That architectural marvel ...

Wow.
Rydyn
AG
quote:
Have the sips ever been to their OWN stadium?

No. Probably not.
Velvet Jones
AG
The Shaggots definitely have never seen the inside of a classroom on the klanny acres.
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
Yeah they are picking on sect. 113 and the statues. They may have some ground there. But over the last year, they have pointed how crappy our renovations looked citing photos of our west side while the old grandstands were still up. Nevermind that there was still a second phase that was a minor detail. Then they started the narrative that the new facade looks like a kroger signature. I thought that was funny but they were really leaning on that idea like it was a serious mark against us. Kind of a reach IMO. Now the temporary fall protection railings have become a a serious point of shaggfodder. The fact that they try so hard to hold Kyle Field in that regard. It just makes me sad that fanbase has lost its balls. They used to be fun to talk trash to.
It's all they have. Really, it is all they have.

Bellmont is practically a war zone with Patterson's scattershot management style. He hones in like a laser on the most meaningless things, and ignores the fundamental basics of his job--maintaining relationships and communications. With coaches, with vendors, with the administration, with the BMDs in every sport.

Instead he micro-manages Jet Pack Guy, tailgating, coaches' lunches and disco balls in the Erwin Center. (The official name of which "Frank Erwin Center for Entertainment and Sports" or "F.E.C.E.S.") While the tennis center languishes

Strong has the Wickline lawsuit (all Strong's fault to begin with), the Lampkin mess, players quitting and transferring, and a disturbing lack of communication skills.

Is there any good news of import on the 40 acres??
aggiehawg
AG
Speaking of our "esteemed colleague," he got an early start today:

quote:
They didn't necessarily cave. Just wait to see how it all plays out. This is more positioning themselves that anything. You can count on the fact there will be an incredible number of smaller businesses that will use the"12th Man" phrase over the coming years. "12th Man"and "Home of the 12th Man" are two different trademarks with two different histories. Not using one trademark doesn't mean the other is not going to be used.

And yes, I have been in contact with general counsel for the Seahawks organization, but my post reflects my words, not his and not any position connected with the Seahawks. My opinions are based entirely on information from conversations I have had with individuals not directly connected with the Seahawks organization. What I can tell you is the Seahawks organization is well aware the university's trademark was fraudulently obtained.
Feel sorry for the General Counsel of the Seahawks.
A_Gang_Ag_06
AG
Wait, wait, wait. Feces? They have a building named feces?

That's uh...well that's...yeah.
HTownAg98
First he says this:
quote:
And yes, I have been in contact with general counsel for the Seahawks organization

And follows that up with this:
quote:
My opinions are based entirely on information from conversations I have had with individuals not directly connected with the Seahawks organization.

In other words, he's just making **** up. I'd put more faith in what the Big Cigar tells Jesus Shuttleworth than what Randi is spewing.
13 0 Branding Iron
AG
With no QB, a weak DL, a weak OL and a defensive backfield in shambles it's all good news on the 40 from my perspective. Time for them to panic: install the option and move some safeties to QB.
quote:
13 0 Branding Iron
posted 10:04a, 01/22/11

Texas A&M will be in the SEC West in two years, maybe as soon as next offseason.
quote:
13 0 Branding Iron
posted 7:54a, 07/18/11

IF we go (and I said we will within two years of the weakened Big XII deal).... We will ruin your sorry five win piece of sh** program and your idiot hillbilly coach.
45-70Ag
AG
He should ask the Seahawks general counsel as if he really talked to him, why sh**** bevo is no more and it's sh**** Texas.
DifferenceMaker Ag
quote:

quote:
They didn't necessarily cave. Just wait to see how it all plays out. This is more positioning themselves that anything. You can count on the fact there will be an incredible number of smaller businesses that will use the"12th Man" phrase over the coming years. "12th Man"and "Home of the 12th Man" are two different trademarks with two different histories. Not using one trademark doesn't mean the other is not going to be used.

And yes, I have been in contact with general counsel for the Seahawks organization, but my post reflects my words, not his and not any position connected with the Seahawks. My opinions are based entirely on information from conversations I have had with individuals not directly connected with the Seahawks organization. What I can tell you is the Seahawks organization is well aware the university's trademark was fraudulently obtained.
His "General Counsel" contact...

moz
Randolph makes Chip look reputable.
aginlakeway
AG
quote:

quote:

Since when does receiving a restraining order mean you have been "in contact" with someone?
AlaskanAg99
AG
That guy is as dumb as a post. Given the amount of $$$ NFL teams make and how much they can profit from marketing they would have sued A&M if our trademark was "fraudulent". NFL teams are looking at marketable items over the long haul, they had no ground to stand on for a lawsuit so they changed their marketing. Even Texas is enforcing their trademarks and the shag lost its damn name. He's legal knowledge could barely fill a thimble.
Kceovaisnt-
AG
quote:
quote:
It's all they have. Really, it is all they have

I disagree. They really don't even have that. It's just beating a straw man for those guys. It is sad. I know most here think that fanbase is the most deserving of the state of affairs and maybe that's true. I guess I feel that no fanbase deserves to be this dissonant.
TexasAggie008
AG
Its interesting that Shags new schtick is to play down the new Kyle as if its an atrocity and will be widely made fun of around the nation due to "a g g y engineering" and cheap materials....as if we just got a bunch of engineering grad students to do it vs paying the company that, you know, also built Yankee Stadium and several others a half a billion dollars. Then again, I guess that shows how little they have to rip on these days. If a half billion dollar stadium is the main talking point for why a g g y sucks, we must be doing pretty well.

edit - just read the above posts, looks like were on the same page
aginlakeway
AG
quote:
Its interesting that Shags new schtick is to play down the new Kyle as if its an atrocity and will be widely made fun of around the nation due to "a g g y engineering" and cheap materials....as if we just got a bunch of engineering grad students to do it vs paying the company that, you know, also built Yankee Stadium and several others a half a billion dollars. Then again, I guess that shows how little they have to rip on these days. If a half billion dollar stadium is the main talking point for why a g g y sucks, we must be doing pretty well.

edit - just read the above posts, looks like were on the same page
Again, I just don't think they have ANY room to talk.

NO ONE would called DKR whatever it is called as a better/nicer football stadium.
Tom Doniphon
quote:
And yes, I have been in contact with general counsel for the Seahawks

Just an absolute GD nut.
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
Again, I just don't think they have ANY room to talk.

NO ONE would called DKR whatever it is called as a better/nicer football stadium.
I saw a replay of the Sumlin interview on the SECN this morning. Summy was talking about how we don't leave the state until the Ole Miss game. Games at Reliant, JerryWorld and the new and complete Kyle are recruiting boosts. Players want to play in the bigger venues. Part of the "WOW" factor.

Where do the sips play?? An old DKR, a small Baylor and TCU and tech stadiums. A very old Cotton Bowl for their premier game of the season. Then Ames, Stillwater, Manhattan, Lawrence. Some are nicer than others, but they aren't huge venues. Not much in the "WOW" department.

NoneGiven
AG
Those morons really want to talk **** about statues right now?

King O Frod
quote:
Have the sips ever been to their OWN stadium? That architectural marvel ...

Wow.
if they have they weren't there long
aggiehawg
AG
I missed this from our esteemed colleague earlier today:

quote:
I mentioned months ago that Seattle isn't going to renew the trademark license with the university. From what I have been told, the Seahawks organization is comfortable with their legal position and is fully prepared for any efforts by the university to claim infringement on the "12th Man" trademark. There is no way in hell the ****s are so stupid to pick a fight with the Seahawks for anything connected to "12th Man." The ags know full well if they litigate that trademark, they will (once again) get humiliated.

"Home of the 12th Man" is a separate trademark. I'm not sure of whether the "Home of the 12th Man" trademark was also fraudulently obtained, but the university's claim to the "Home of the 12th Man" is arguably stronger than its claim to the generic "12th Man."

And then this:

quote:
Let's not forget the guard rails the **** Transportation Institute designed that resulted in the horrific impalement of drivers, killing who knows how many people. There was yet another $100 million+ lawsuit filed connected to that debacle just yesterday.

The construction worker fatality while rebuilding Kyle and the Blue Bell deaths just add to the long list of individuals who have died needlessly because of **** stupidity.
AtlAg05
AG
quote:
First he says this:
quote:
And yes, I have been in contact with general counsel for the Seahawks organization

And follows that up with this:
quote:
My opinions are based entirely on information from conversations I have had with individuals not directly connected with the Seahawks organization.

In other words, he's just making **** up. I'd put more faith in what the Big Cigar tells Jesus Shuttleworth than what Randi is spewing.

He's like mfbarnes, except when mfbarnes was exposed he was smart enough to disappear. Randy has nothing but lies
HTownAg98
quote:
I missed this from our esteemed colleague earlier today:

quote:
I mentioned months ago that Seattle isn't going to renew the trademark license with the university. From what I have been told, the Seahawks organization is comfortable with their legal position and is fully prepared for any efforts by the university to claim infringement on the "12th Man" trademark. There is no way in hell the ****s are so stupid to pick a fight with the Seahawks for anything connected to "12th Man." The ags know full well if they litigate that trademark, they will (once again) get humiliated.

"Home of the 12th Man" is a separate trademark. I'm not sure of whether the "Home of the 12th Man" trademark was also fraudulently obtained, but the university's claim to the "Home of the 12th Man" is arguably stronger than its claim to the generic "12th Man."

He's really too stupid for words. Seattle isn't renewing the trademark, because that aren't calling themselves the 12th Man anymore. He just left that little nugget out.
Also what litigation is he talking about? If he's referring to the original suit, that settled out of court. No finding was ever reached. We got paid, they got to use the trademark. I find it hard to believe that's humiliating.
jel_2002
AG

Holy ****, this is supposed to be Colt McCoy? He looks like a guy who just robbed a 7-11.
AlaskanAg99
AG
He looks like he's running for his life. Skurred.
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
Let's not forget the guard rails the **** Transportation Institute designed that resulted in the horrific impalement of drivers, killing who knows how many people. There was yet another $100 million+ lawsuit filed connected to that debacle just yesterday.

The construction worker fatality while rebuilding Kyle and the Blue Bell deaths just add to the long list of individuals who have died needlessly because of **** stupidity.

Guess our esteemed colleague has never heard of Jim Bob Moffett. How many hundreds of employees has his company killed over the years?? Or thousands for that matter??

Ol' Jim Bob played for DKR and called the coach his "mentor."
DifferenceMaker Ag
Why do all of their statues look like they are being chased by an amorous cape buffalo?? It's like a Far Side cartoon.
Fitch
AG

quote:
Whoa now, he's blaming the Blue Bell listeria incidents...of which no one actually died from the actual disease but contracted it while in the hospital for diseases that would actually kill them...blaming that on A&M now?

Dude went and got himself some bad Mexican grass.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.