Horns will ultimately have to join the SEC

33,981 Views | 225 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Year of the Germaphobe
Bryanisbest
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thank you wTr for coming to the idiot delusional troll's rescue. I knew I would have to endure some flames but I stick by my point. The only way I ever fear Texas again is if they enter SEC. They will realize this. Whether they set their arrogance aside and pull it off is up in air at this point.
RedassAg04
AG
quote:

As other have said, there are too many no votes.

A&M and Mizzou will vote hell no. Florida, Georgia, and SC will vote no because they don't want to open up the possibility of other schools in their states being admitted. Arkansas is likely a no as well.

I'd like us to refer to this henceforth as the "Quid Pro No".

[This message has been edited by RedassAg04 (edited 11/18/2012 1:40p).]
Texaggie7nine
quote:
No votes from A&M, LSU, Arky, and Mizzou say this won't happen

As well as South Car, Georgia and Florida who want to protect their status as the only school in their state in the SEC by having a pact with all the one team state schools in the SEC.

Hill Country Ag
AG
Agree with OP.
grl38
AG
sec does not want the sips for the same reason we and nebraska left the big 12, the sips always have to run the show!
dmcag84
AG
They would also have to give up the lhN. I don't see them going anywhere that treats everyone as equals. They will forever play in a conference that takes the money they want to part with in order to let t.u. be the supreme school of the conference.

I can't wait for the day that KState, Baylor, & Tech have programs that can do better and do so. OU has enough clout to stand up to them and will probably stay with them in perpetuity.
cc10106
For someone that keeps talking about arrogance, the OP sure comes off as an arrogant Aggie.

Who gives a flying frick any more about this ****? A&M is on the verge of having one of their best seasons in years, and this crap keeps getting brought up. Atleast take it to the Old Rivalries board.
TxAginAz
AG
Is the OP stupid or trolling? The ignorance of the how the SEC works is embarrassing. It should be common knowledge for all Ags by now. We will block tu from entering the SEC. It will never happen so SFTU about it already...

*********************************************************************************************************************
"Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of their women."

Claude os, aperi oculos!

[This message has been edited by TxAginAz (edited 11/18/2012 2:00p).]
Agsuffering@bulaw
There is enough $$$ to make it worth the SEC's while. However, tu would seriously have to change how it does business.

For now, the Big 12 + LHN make enough $$$.

Also, the whole Big 12 signed a 6 year no leaving agreement backed by future TV revenues. So tu is stuck for the next 6 years.

But this thread is premature.They would have to be convinced tehy have a problem. They have a chance to go to a BCS bowl and win 11 games. Even if they beat TCU, get beat @ KSU, and lose their bowl game, the doubters will back off Mack for another year. Even if JFF wins the Heisman.
About the only way they get convinced they have a problem is by losing the next 2, especially if KSU throttles them.
cc10106
I swear plenty here actually want them in the SEC but just won't say it.
heddy Lamarr
AG
I am everyone in the SEC and I don't approve this message
agsteve77
AG
Ags have shown they can deliver the TV viewers; why would the SEC need tu?
AgLaw06
Every other school in the SEC could vote yes for Texas to be admitted but A&M will veto.
TxAginAz
AG
wrong thread.

[This message has been edited by TxAginAz (edited 11/18/2012 2:02p).]
Bryanisbest
AG
A few of them like zona horn and a few of his followers on hornfans board are already realizing they have a problem. Their own board is one of the reasons I started this thread.
Bryanisbest
AG
Let me be clear- I DO NOT want them in the SEC. I fear their admittance. We pass them completely by otherwise.
viva torrente
It would take a complete change in tu's leadership at almost all levels to consider a move to the SEC.

They have created an institutional mindset against such a move since the 90s.

It will be pac12, big10, or even the acc before the SEC is even considered. And they will move within five years.
Bryanisbest
AG
They will change their institutional mindset when they realize we are in a permanent superior position unless they change it.
W.C. Griffin '09
AG
They are not interested in playing in a truly tough conference. They want the easiest conference that can still get them a title/playoff shot. The SEC isn't interested in tu and tu isn't interested in the SEC.
TopRowKyleField
If they move conferences won't they have to leave the state like aTm?
RGLAG85
AG
Everyone is talking about dodd$ and the tu athletic arrogance. It won't be that arrogance that keeps them from the SEC or atleast trying. tu views the SEC as backwoods academic rednecks. They view themselves as liberal intellects and think they are natural PAC or B1G fits. Their president and regents would never stand for this.
agfan1030
TopRowKyleField
Bryanisbest
AG
Again being relegated to the audience while Ags are on center stage every year will compel them to change all their history of thought and action. They have never had to deal with what is coming.
viva torrente
quote:

They will change their institutional mindset when they realize we are in a permanent superior position unless they change it.

That change will not come before they have wedded themselves to another conference.

SeaAg09
AG
OP just stop already .. take this to the sip board

[This message has been edited by SeaAg09 (edited 11/18/2012 2:23p).]
Steph 92
AG
"ever fear Texas again"

Get a life,... or a dictionary.
SA-AG72
AG
OP you do not do justice to Bryan. Change your name to AustinisBest to align with your preoccupation with the sips.
ckwarren33
The same forced perceptional distortions leading to whorn's arrogance and poor choices (LHN, destruction of Big-12) will hinder their ability to recognize and react to A&M's rising dominance within Texas.

This is not an overnight, 2-year, or even 5-year process. Whorn will try new head coach first. Next, whorn will try expanding the LHN. Finally, whorn will try a new conference.
Bryanisbest
AG
Ckwarren and I are close to agreement. He gets my gist though he does not completely agree.
cc10106
OP, they had to deal with being second fiddle to A&M for much of the 80s and 90s. If they can't find a coach to right the ship, it doesn't matter where they end up.
CrottyKid
AG
Bryanisbest,
The problem with that scenario is hat t.u. doesn't call all the shots regarding the LHN. ESPN isn't going to just say, "You don't want it anymore? Ok. Who cares that we have invested millions into this project?"
aggiehawg
AG
I will grant that Dodds and Co. firmly believed we would fall flat on our faces in the SEC. Hell, with Sherman (no offense to the man, just not the right coach for the SEC)I feared that as well.

Dodds also firmly believed, with every fiber of his being, that the LHN was going to be on every TV in America within two years; that televising high school games and using the LHN as a recruiting tool was a can't-lose idea given his control of the UIL in Texas; and that Notre Dame would jump at the chance to join them in the BEVO conference.

He was wrong. And if OU didn't have an OSU problem, the Sooners would have been PAC-bound in the summer 2011 and would be there now.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed. Sure, they can jettison the LHN (if ESPN and IMG agree) but still, there is the six year grant of rights. The entire conference would have to dissolve to get around that. See Baylor, Tech, TCU, OSU, the Kansas schools and Iowa State agreeing to that? I don't.

Conference realignment to 16 teams will happen in a shorter time frame than the grant of rights is in effect.

Shoulda, coulda, woulda is yesterday's news. The horns are in a mess of their own making. Realizing their mistakes is not the same as being able to correct them.

The Big XII will need to expand to 16 teams, and do so rapidly to stay relevant. That is the only way forward for them and OU.
Sid Farkas
AG
Tu doesn't know how to treat peers as peers and SEC members & leadership all know it.

The sips are poison.
themadmatter
The last four or five people that believe this on this board keep trying to keep it alive.

1) SEC does not need nor want texu.
2) half the conference schools are a guaranteed no vote.
3) texu is only powerful to schools left in their conference.
4) They are attractive only to the B1G or PAC if they decide to expand territory.
whatthehey78
AG
I'm pretty certain OP resisted A&M's move to the SEC, wanting us to 'stay and fight'. It appears he built his home/took his stand on shifting sand.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.